Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Joannie. I enjoyed Jen R. in her eligible career and in SOI very much, too.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    I love the Canadian Girls. They may not have the drive or self - confidence of the Japanese, Russian or American ladies, but 2004 was an amazing year. Even Rod Black said something along the lines that it was as good as the US Nationals.

The title however, usually goes to the last one standing.

vCash
    2004 was a turning point for sure. Not only because of the dethroning of Jennifer Robinson (who brought Canadian ladies back on the map and rebounded after some poor Worlds performances), but because the top ladies all skated very well at Canadians. Annie Bellemare's 4th place finish would have won if she had skated in any other year! And her and Robinson really fought it out in 2002 for the Olympic spot. Let's hope 2013 is also another turning point with all the promising talent moving up to Senior!

vCash
    Phaneuf.. I've never been a fan of Joannie, although I like her pro skating better than her competitive skating.. I also really liked Lesley Hawker when she was competing.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I admire Joannie's combination of strength and grace, and her ability to perform under pressure, but I've always had a soft spot for Jennifer Robinson. She's such an incredibly gracious person who worked hard to make the most of her ability and talent. She was lovely as a pro with SOI and she's really tried to make positive contributions to her sport and a variety of charitable contributions.

I also rooted for Leslie Hawker because I've always rooted for the skaters who work hard in "outside jobs" to help support themselves and who want to keep competing because they really seem to love the sport.

And it's impossible not to admire Nicole Watt's personal triumphs and the inspiration she was to many.

Canada has been lucky to have so many wonderful women skaters. While they all might not have medalled consistently on the international stage, they have represented their sport and country well.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Duh Joannie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    I love the Canadian Girls. They may not have the drive or self - confidence of the Japanese, Russian or American ladies...

The title however, usually goes to the last one standing.
    Why is this I wonder? It's been an issue for over 30 years. I think the Canadian ladies main troubles have consistently been a matter of competitive style and packaging/image.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12