Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm surprised that Connie Britton seems to be getting more love for her work in Nashville than Friday Night Lights. I guess it's the powers that be who are behind Nashville?

vCash
    Wish Anne Hathaway didn't win, but it's a foregone conclusion so that's cool. Happy about Tarentino's win! Probably I'm the minority on this thread, but I think Quentin Tarentino's brilliant. One of the best dialogue writers in Hollywood.

vCash
    Lea Michelle is clearly considering a career as a rude Euro ice dancer. She's one punch away on her Planet Beach card from being an honorary Ukrainian.

I need to see this Homeland; Claire Danes meant a lot to me as a teenager. Though I suspect she's winning cause they think they're still voting for Temple Grandin.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I need to see this Homeland; Claire Danes meant a lot to me as a teenager. Though I suspect she's winning cause they think they're still voting for Temple Grandin.
    Love the Temple Grandin snark, but she's really, really, really good in Homeland. She's got the cray cray down.

vCash
    I don't think just because one wins the Golden Globes one will also win the Oscar, as in Anne Hathaway, totally different set of voters and the GGs have very few voters while the Academy is much larger.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    What oleada said.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Though I suspect she's winning cause they think they're still voting for Temple Grandin.
    ::snort::
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Couldn't wait any longer, had to go to the bathroom and made it back in time to hear Claire's name announced.

vCash
    Oh God...Sacha Baron Cohen's interchangeable w/Ricky Gervais. Just when Amy and Tina's excellent hosting was making the last two years a really bad nightmare, he comes on and....Blech!!

vCash
    @ the Crowe singing lessons joke.

Go Pixar, but I wanted Frankenweenie to win just for the name. ETA - who was the woman who stood grinning mutely next to the babbling guy?

vCash
    Wreck-It Ralph wuz robbed!!

Loved Sacha Baron-Cohen's Russell Crowe joke!

vCash
    Who is this twit and why is he on my screen?

vCash
    Go Amy Go!!

vCash
    I think Girls is so overrated

Everyone else wuzrobbed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    I don't think just because one wins the Golden Globes one will also win the Oscar, as in Anne Hathaway, totally different set of voters and the GGs have very few voters while the Academy is much larger.
    This is weird to me. I think Anne Hathaway is the closest thing to a lock in all of the major categories for the Oscar. In any other category, I might agree with you.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Claire Danes is brilliant in Homeland. I'd even say that she's the best actress in her generation. Right up there with Meryl Streep for me.

I like all the actresses nominated for comedy, but I've never seen Girls or Lena Dunham. That's going on my to-watch list. eta- or maybe not.

And yay for Brave. Merida is my 3 year old granddaughter's idol. She runs around with her bow and arrows and reenacts the movie for us.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I think Girls is so overrated
    Girls has got to be one of the most crap shows on television today. Meh - I'd have rather Amy Poehler (who I'm no fan of whatsoever) won.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Love the Temple Grandin snark, but she's really, really, really good in Homeland. She's got the cray cray down.
    She'll, like, never top Angela in My So-Called Life. Never. It was the most important show, like, ever. Like. Jordan Catalano is, like, just so, you know. You know?

It was much better than Girls. Girls, I'm convinced, is written by closet mysoginists. Now that I hear Judd Apatow is involved in that show, I understand.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    This is weird to me. I think Anne Hathaway is the closest thing to a lock in all of the major categories for the Oscar. In any other category, I might agree with you.
    Actually, I think Daniel Day-Lewis is pretty much a lock for Best Actor this year.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I don't think the Hollywood Foreign Press watches anything on regular TV. Not that all of it is worth getting nominated for these types of awards but there are some really great shows on the broadcast networks right now and they don't get nearly enough recognition for the work they do. It makes me kind of sad. They don't even have a chance anymore.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast