Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    And I'm right! She was winning the competition all night so this isn't a surprise at all. She'll do a great job!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    LMAO! She doesn't have on waterproof mascara!! Whoops, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    She comes from a marriage-equality state and had a great answer! Very deserving winner
    Kyle

vCash
    We turned it on when the talent was about to start. Some of the talent was weird. Piano playing a Jackson 5 song...WTF? And the one singing the Rascal Flatts song was awful and the song was awful. My favorite talent was the one dancing to James Brown. I told my husband she didn't look funky enough for James Brown but her attitude & the choreography fit. Was that Miss New York? I thought the right one won. Other than her really thin lips she was so pretty & I liked her answer.

vCash
    Once the top 5 were determined, I picked all of them right, from 1 to 5. I was happy that Miss NY won. She gave a great answer. I thought the top 3 answers were very good.Miss Iowa blew it when she included 'recreational' in her answer. Miss Wyoming looked down a lot while answering. I liked the Miss America contest much better than the Miss Universe one (I know it's not an apple to apple comparison) which seemed to be influenced by Mr. Trump. In this contest the right one won. Let us see what happens at Miss World. I also like it that the Miss America have to display a talent and get graded on it.

vCash
    That was the worst talent competition EVER. Hints for next year's contestants:
    - if you can't sing, don't choose a song by an awesomely good singer, because everyone will be thinking of the original version and cringing at yours.
    - If you can't follow a beat, don't tap dance.
    - If you can tap dance, you don't have to jam 10,000 steps into every note of your music.
    - If you play the piano, don't use a backing track, and don't choose a pop song that makes you sound like your next career move is a gig in a lounge at an interstate Holiday Inn.
    - And playing your own composition on the piano is a really good idea, because no one will be able to tell if you make a mistake.

(I liked the baton twirler best, she ruled.)
    Last edited by overedge; 01-13-2013 at 08:28 AM.
    We live in an ageist society where everything is based on youth, but I hated being 18. I don't like teenagers any more now than I did then. I'm 49 now and there is no way that I'd go back to my teens and 20s - even if I knew what I know now, I don't want to go through all that again. I found it a very difficult time. - Buzz Osborne of the Melvins

vCash
    You need to watch some talent competitions from the early 80's Miss America pageants, if u think that was the worst.

vCash
    I've watched Miss America from long before the early 80s, so I think I have a good basis of comparison for how dire the talent was.

Honestly, for some of those contestants, if that was the best of what they could do on a stage, I shudder to think what else they tried and gave up on. They should just forget the talent stuff and go into Miss USA instead.
    We live in an ageist society where everything is based on youth, but I hated being 18. I don't like teenagers any more now than I did then. I'm 49 now and there is no way that I'd go back to my teens and 20s - even if I knew what I know now, I don't want to go through all that again. I found it a very difficult time. - Buzz Osborne of the Melvins

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I didn't watch but have to admit, don't really like the look of the winner. She doesn't look fresh like Olivia Culpo.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Banned Member
    vCash
    Wow, that was very surprising. Mallory already caused a storm earlier in the week when she was found to be twittering the judges. Some were even calling for her disqualification. Frankly I don't get her win. She's not that pretty, her SS was not great, her talent was not great. Also MAO stated that their new focus is on STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math I think) and everyone thought that MAO would hand pick a brain to live up to their new goal. Instead we get a fashion student? Not that that's so bad, but how in the world can MA go around promoting STEM when she's probably never taken anything past algebra?

I think MAO finally HAS to change the judging during prelims/interview and final night. Because obviously Mallory impressed during interview and then they threw points her way for the rest of the game. Not impressed at all.

As for onstage question, such short pageant patty answers. Mallory had a pretty deep question, and in seven seconds she answers a curt
    non-answer "Don't fight violence with violence." Uggh, I can't wait to hear her one-liners this year, not.

MAO has been going down to the tubes for years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    Wow, that was very surprising. Mallory already caused a storm earlier in the week when she was found to be twittering the judges. Some were even calling for her disqualification. Frankly I don't get her win. She's not that pretty, her SS was not great, her talent was not great. Also MAO stated that their new focus is on STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math I think) and everyone thought that MAO would hand pick a brain to live up to their new goal. Instead we get a fashion student? Not that that's so bad, but how in the world can MA go around promoting STEM when she's probably never taken anything past algebra?

I think MAO finally HAS to change the judging during prelims/interview and final night. Because obviously Mallory impressed during interview and then they threw points her way for the rest of the game. Not impressed at all.

As for onstage question, such short pageant patty answers. Mallory had a pretty deep question, and in seven seconds she answers a curt
    non-answer "Don't fight violence with violence." Uggh, I can't wait to hear her one-liners this year, not.

MAO has been going down to the tubes for years.

Totally agree. She just wasn't that impressive with her answer, her walk, her talent, or her look. Out of the top five I would have gone with Oklahoma. A lot of the "talent" was super sloppy, save for 2 or 3 acts. I would have liked to see some different options in the top 15.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12