Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash

Miss America 2013

I know I'm not the only one watching this tonight so I figured I'd start a thread here. I've been watching a few of the behind the scenes things this week and it seems like this is a really great group of women competing tonight. I enjoy Miss America much more than the others because of the talent competition and the fact that swimsuit doesn't count as much overall. Hoping Miss Ohio does well because she's actually from my alma mater university! Woo Ohio!!!

SO happy for Miss Montana to make the cut as the audience choice!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I won't see all of it but did see the ladies introducing themselves while the other ladies who already spoke were dancing next to and then backward from them. Ummm. Not sure what to say about that. The next group was not so bad I guess as they had the Cirque theme going on.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Bummed Miss Ohio didn't make the top fifteen.

Whoa, the judges get to add one more girl to the top fifteen! That's kind of cool. Wonder who they'll add!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I was ecstatic to see Miss Montana make it in but sad that she did so well to get as far as she has!

There are some really gorgeous gowns! Unlike the disasters in Miss Universe, these are so classy and elegant! I'm also happy at all the Marriage Equality states making it!

Washington is gorgeous!

PML at Miss Iowa being named Mariah Cary...

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    The gowns were absolutely gorgeous tonight but why did they intro the next girl before the other one was done walking for the judges??! That was odd.

BTW-The green dress was my favorite of the top twelve.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    WTF?!? They all get ready to perform but don't know the order and 2 don't get to perform? That seems odd.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleBway View Post
    WTF?!? They all get ready to perform but don't know the order and 2 don't get to perform? That seems odd.
    They've done it that way for at least a few years now. I think it's more to see how the girls react to the unexpected and how they hold onto their composure. Makes for an exciting talent competition that's for sure!

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    They've done it that way for at least a few years now. I think it's more to see how the girls react to the unexpected and how they hold onto their composure. Makes for an exciting talent competition that's for sure!
    It's just really sad for the 2 who get all dressed up and have no place to go.
    Donuts!

vCash
    I really don't like this newer way they have of doing the talent portion. To me it is almost making a mockery of it. I think one year they even had the parents on stage waiting to see which ladies did not get called. Also, it is like the contestants do not get their own performance moment on the stage....no parents this time, but the other ladies are there and in view on both sides. I think lady in the white dance outfit had to be careful not to dance into the piano.
    Oh, and the donuts thing this year. Please.
    Last edited by smileyskate; 01-13-2013 at 03:25 AM.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    It's just really sad for the 2 who get all dressed up and have no place to go.
    Donuts!
    Donuts!!! That was awesome!

Tap dancing!! She's my new favorite! I love when they do different things and aren't all trying to be Whitney or Adele, LOL

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Tap dancing!! She's my new favorite! I love when they do different things and aren't all trying to be Whitney or Adele, LOL
    She seemed to have a lot of personality.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    She seemed to have a lot of personality.
    I agree. I like the girls who actually have one and aren't afraid to show it in these things!

Weird to see someone sing that song in a full length sparkly ball gown instead of rags, LOL

More tap dancing!!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Hmm, she was great but I liked Miss Oklahoma's tap dancing better.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Weird to see someone sing that song in a full length sparkly ball gown instead of rags, LOL
    LOL, I tweeted much the same thing. She was probably my least favorite so far- aside from being in a gown, I've heard eleventy billion versions of "I Dreamed a Dream" (and the judges have probably heard a few) and she did nothing to positively distinguish herself. Bad choice all around IMO

More tap dancing!!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Three tap dancers tonight! Iowa had some personality too. I still liked Oklahoma best of the dancers though.

Awww, Washington is certainly making the most of her second chance tonight! Not the best song choice though. Eek.

vCash
    That last one, was it Washington, was waaaaaaaaay offkey throughout.

vCash
    Here is Miss Oklahoma, I knew I had seen her before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB5bAJODUig

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    That last one, was it Washington, was waaaaaaaaay offkey throughout.
    Agree.

Yay for Oklahoma!

vCash
    I really hope it's NY or Iowa!
    Kyle

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    I think New York wins this thing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast