Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Politiking for Purple
    vCash
    Blackhawks win! I may need a new heart after that game, though.
    If you want to be creative, get out there and do it. It's not a waste of time" - Michael Giacchino, UP

vCash
    Congrats to those teams who are competing in the next round. There is not team for which I feel like rooting. Actually, I'm out of hockey mode -- could not care less who wins, not even putting the TV on and using it as background noise. I can't believe how disinterested I am. Oh well, junior level hockey will begin in about ...3 months. I think I can other things to occupy my time ... like Blue Jays in baseball along with junior & senior box lacrosse.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Crazy that all last four Stanley Cup winners are still in. Reminds me of men's tennis!

Still bummed about how it ended for Montreal, but was happy for Chicago. They had such a great regular season, I'm glad they were able to come back this series. Anyone know why TSN.ca has "Chelsea Dagger" as the headline? I remember the song by the Fratteli's getting played last night (since I hadn't heard it for a while) so I guess it wasn't a random pick.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    for the Wings but a well deserved win for the Blackhawks. The Wings got father than anyone thought, so in that way it is all good. Hopefully next year will be even better.

vCash
    Hawks win it all!!

Politiking for Purple
    vCash
    Blackhawks! It is party time in my neighborhood tonight.
    If you want to be creative, get out there and do it. It's not a waste of time" - Michael Giacchino, UP

vCash
    Fireworks in my neighborhood!

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    Trying to find one with him holding the Cup, still bleeding.

https://twitter.com/jessespector/sta...608128/photo/1
    Crows and Eville SQUIRRELS love peanuts!

vCash
    That's ice hockey for ya; can't get yourself a trophy without a few stitches and broken stuff here and there.

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    Here's a good one from Toronto! LOL

https://twitter.com/mullyhanley/stat...81242942648321

Read comments for explanation.

vCash
    Congrats to the Blackhawks for winning the CUP and the sweetness that they beat Boston in the Bruin's own barn.

Oh yeah, kind of like the gear they wear to play since our Jr B hockey gear is based upon their colours.
    Crazy about sports!

Politiking for Purple
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem X View Post
    Trying to find one with him holding the Cup, still bleeding.

https://twitter.com/jessespector/sta...608128/photo/1
    Would you settle for Shaw standing by the Cup and celebrating? Scroll down to picture #1.

vCash
    What an incredible end to the Stanley cup playoffs! Bruins appeared to be in good shape when Blackhawks had an empty net. It was disappointing to see them tie the game (you rarely see an empty net actually scoring), with 1:16 remaining. I thought the game would go into OT so I changed channels. I came back just 2 minutes later and the Blackhawks were celebrating! Two goals in 17 seconds is unbelivable in Hockey. However, they had done something similar to our Coyotes last season in the playoffs. I went to that game. In the waning seconds we were standing on our feet, expecting a win. The Hawks scored with 6 seconds left to send the game into OT and they won. Luckily last year the Coyotes beat them rest of the way to win the series.

Sad for the Boston fans.

I really wanted to see a game 7, but congrats to the Blackhawks. They had been amazing this entire season, and deserve to be the champions.

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    Last time the Hawks won, I had taken the train in to work the day of the parade. I work on the northwest side of Chicago, nowhere near downtown, but on the trainline that travels downtown. Officials estimated about 400,000 fans would attend the parade downtown. 2 MILLION fans showed up. My train home was 2 1/2 hours late and I was squashed into the doorway by wall to wall people. I wasn't gonna miss that train tho; I wasn't sure when another train would show up. Needless to say, this Friday I'm driving to work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Anyone know why TSN.ca has "Chelsea Dagger" as the headline? I remember the song by the Fratteli's getting played last night (since I hadn't heard it for a while) so I guess it wasn't a random pick.
    Not sure if you found your answer yet, but they always play Chelsea Dagger at the United Center when the Hawks score.

And WOO HOO BLACKHAWKS!! Thanks for bringing Lord Stanley back to Chicago.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

This the pic you were looking for?

vCash
    Very happy for the Hawks win since it meant that the Bruins LOST! I missed most of the game -- too many other things to do and I went to bed before the game was over.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    So this was quite the surprise today. Ilya Kovalchuk retired from the NHL. I kinda love him so I think I'm gonna drink a beer and cry. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...nhl%3Atopheads

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by meggonzo View Post
    So this was quite the surprise today. Ilya Kovalchuk retired from the NHL. I kinda love him so I think I'm gonna drink a beer and cry. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...nhl%3Atopheads
    Yeah, it was unexpected. The talking hockey heads seem to think that after he has played a few seasons in the KHL, he'll return to the NHL and finish his career there. Me -- I don't care too much either way since I don't much like the Devils. The landscape for them has changed a great deal with him gone, I would think.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Can he even come back to the NHL? Even if he can, the timing of his retirement was pretty sh*tty for the Devils. He couldn't have done it before the draft and free agent signings? The Devils are going to have a lot of work to do with him gone and Clarkson signing with Toronto. Doesn't help that they lost Parise last year either. Guess I can go back to hating the Devils!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567