Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

vCash
    The Wild are killing me. Do they even want to be in the playoffs?! jeez. If they still make it in, they'll probably be crushed by Chicago in the first round anyways. ugh.

I really want to see Clutterbuck's playoff beard...

vCash
    Blue Jackets miss the playoffs over a god damn tie breaker.

vCash
    The Kings suffered the most inglorious loss tonight. Kings were dominated almost all game, they pull their goalie and score to tie the game with 30 seconds left. Half way through overtime, the Kings get a double minor power play when Dustin Penner got high sticked. Blues clear the puck behind the Kings net...Jon Quick misplays it and Steen steals the puck and wraps it around for the game winner. People may remember last year in the Stanley Cup Finals game 5 Quick did the same thing that cost him a goal. The tragic part is...Jonathan Quick played out of his mind all game long, and for him to lose the game on a flub with his stick is terrible irony.

One of the most painful losses that I can remember

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    One of the most painful losses that I can remember
    Yup, that was a bad one. I hope they can bounce back!

In other news, apparently the Canucks game tonight is far from a sell-out, and they're discounting tickets. What gives? I can't imagine a playoff game in any other Canadian city that wouldn't sell out right away.

vCash
    I saw empty seats on TV in Chicago last night too. WTF? Or should I just assume all those people were in the bathroom or at the concession stand?

vCash
    hmm, something tells me that Ottawa and Montreal don't like each other too much ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by meggonzo View Post
    hmm, something tells me that Ottawa and Montreal don't like each other too much ...
    That game was insane. I've never seen anything like that before.

And now the Canucks are on the ropes.... and I couldn't be happier.

vCash
    I tried to stay up to watch the Canucks-Sharks game last night. I feel asleep before the 3rd period and woke up to see San Jose score and then score again 9 seconds later, and it took me a minute to realize it wasn't a replay. I figured I could go to bed at that point and while I was brushing my teeth San Jose scored again. awesome. Also awesome was that Bret Hedican, aka Mr. Yamaguchi, was the Inside the Glass commentator.

vCash
    Well, well, well, guess the Leafs have come to play. Series is now tied at 3 each and I think the Leafs have all the momentum. They know they can win in Beantown, they know they can beat the Bruins. As long as Reimer continues to play like he has been, it might be the golf links for the Big Baddies (not that I would mind. I don't much like the Buins).
    Crazy about sports!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Happy for the Red Wings for moving on.

I must admit I didn't expect that to happen.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    ^^^You and me both!!

KHenry's going to *kill* me for this, but...I hated seeing the Kings/Blues series end, as it really was the best series of the 1st Round. Exciting close games w/lots of hard hitting hockey and great goals and saves....Wow!! Congrats to the Kings moving on, but I do wish it was still going on.

I'll start running for ground cover now.

And on that note...Little over a half an hour to go until Game Seven w/my boys in blue in Beantown. To say I'm nervous is a bit of an understatement. Only one thing left to say I guess...

GO LEAFS GO!!!

vCash
    Yes, go leafs go... it's so close to the end that i can't watch and am wasting time on the internet instead....

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Leafs .. sigh. Experience over youth. Good season boys .. look forward to next year!

vCash
    Leafs are clearly heading in the right direction. It's too bad that they lost, but they outperformed what everyone thought, so there is some solace there. Will be very curious if they decide to replace Reimer with either Luongo or Jonathan Bernier from my Kings.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Please, not Luongo. Can they afford Bernier?

On a different note, Dallas Eakins, gets my vote for providing a great training ground for NHLers. Kadri, Frazer, Holzer all contributed to a good Leafs season and Gardiner and Colborne played well against Boston.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    Please, not Luongo. Can they afford Bernier?
    Kings are going to want picks, not players. Kings gave up their #1 in the Jeff Carter trade with CBJ, and they will be looking to get back into the draft. But Bernier will be well worth it.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Crapitals.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    ^^^You and me both!!

KHenry's going to *kill* me for this, but...I hated seeing the Kings/Blues series end, as it really was the best series of the 1st Round. Exciting close games w/lots of hard hitting hockey and great goals and saves....Wow!! Congrats to the Kings moving on, but I do wish it was still going on.

I'll start running for ground cover now.

And on that note...Little over a half an hour to go until Game Seven w/my boys in blue in Beantown. To say I'm nervous is a bit of an understatement. Only one thing left to say I guess...

GO LEAFS GO!!!
    I don't mind you saying that...but I am real glad it ended when it did because my heart couldn't take it anymore!! 6 one goal games, two OT's all made it WAY too tense. But the end result is all that matters. Now on to take down the Sharkies, starting tonight.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    A month ago Detroiters were concerned that the Red Wings wouldn't make the playoffs at all. Now they are within one game of eliminating the Blackhawks. Wow.

vCash
    Glad to see the Blackhawks win in OT after that late goal was waved off. It just wouldn't feel right if they didn't win! I'm looking forward to see how they'll match up with the Kings.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast