Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post

They certainly appear to be playoff bound.
    Unlike the Panthers. They are tied for 2nd fewest points in the entire NHL (32). Only Colorado has fewer (29). Another year with no playoffs. Last season was a mistake, this season it is back to true form......

NJL (...POOP!...plus, the Marlins, as expected, have the worst start in MLB this year....1 win, lost 7........)

vCash
    Neil - hopefully Florida picks up with Nick Bjugstad playing for them now. I hope he does well! I wish he would have stayed for his last year in college, but good players never stay around for 4 years.

vCash
    Turned on my TV and still had it on NBC Sports Network after the Wild game last night. Devils and Bruins are playing and Bruins are already up 3-0 before the 1st period is even over. Damn, the Devils are terrible without Kovalchuk. I'm going to be really sad if they miss out on the playoffs and I don't get to see his glorious beard again.

vCash
    Those pesky guys in white and blue (aka the Maple Leafs) managed to sneak out a point from the Rangers last night in MSG. Keeps them in 5th place. Talking heads last night on TSN were suggesting that the "Buds" would probably prefer that the BBB (Big Bad Bruins) finish first in the division so the Leafs could play the Habs. They feel it would be a better match-up since both teams play a similar style of game. Hmmmm ... not sure how I feel about that pairing since I like the Leafs and the Habs.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    N.H.L. Announces Initiative to Support Gay Athletes

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/12/sp...w-nytimes&_r=0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Those pesky guys in white and blue (aka the Maple Leafs) managed to sneak out a point from the Rangers last night in MSG. Keeps them in 5th place. Talking heads last night on TSN were suggesting that the "Buds" would probably prefer that the BBB (Big Bad Bruins) finish first in the division so the Leafs could play the Habs. They feel it would be a better match-up since both teams play a similar style of game. Hmmmm ... not sure how I feel about that pairing since I like the Leafs and the Habs.
    Unfortunately, they're probably right that the Habs would be an easier opponent. And good incentive for Montreal to get two points tonight against the Sabres.

vCash
    A little NHL/figure skating tie-in: Max Aaron favorited this tweet...

Sadie ‏@utterfrivolity 23h
    Fedorov fan, eh? I suppose I can get behind that. RT @USFigureSkating #tbt Here is @MaxTAaron as a hockey player!
    https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/...569921/photo/1

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Congratulations to Joe Sakic, Member of the 2013 Class of Inductees to Canada's Sports Hall of Fame!!!!

I could post many videos of Joe's career from over at YouTube, but there's one moment out of all of them, that shows what a Class Act the man is....

As Captain, it was his right to lift it first, but instead....

This is tied w/the Flames making Lanny McDonald a Stanley Cup Champion, as my all time favourite Stanley Cup Finals Moment.

Congratulations Joe!!! Well Deserved!!!

vCash
    I remember this! Everybody in Boston was rooting for the Avalanche that year because everybody loved Ray Bourque and felt that after 20 incredible years with the Bruins, he deserved the Stanley Cup and that the Jacobs brothers (owners of the Bruins) could go take a hike (I'm being polite.). And Ray Bourque brought the Stanley Cup to City Hall Plaza in Boston. You'd have thought the Bruins had won the Cup by the turnout.

vCash
    The Oilers are announcing this morning that they've fired GM Tambellini. While this is long overdue, at this point, it's kind of like spitting on a house fire.

vCash
    Twitter:

Boston.com News ‏@BostonDotCom 2m
    BRUINS GAME CANCELED: Tonight's game against the Ottawa Senators has been canceled and has not been rescheduled.

vCash
    Insignificant after today, but Ryan White better have worn a Habs jersey for the last time regardless of how long he's suspended. Unbelievable how he's thrown away every chance.

vCash
    Too true that post of yours Lara. You truly do wonder about some players, don't you?

I just want to thank James Reimer and the Leafs (Along w/the Blue Jays, but that's a different thread. ) for giving me a badly needed distraction for a few hours tonight. Pity I couldn't see it as for some odd reason, neither TSN or Sportsnet showed the game, but listened to it thanks to TSN Radio on the iPod!! When I finally saw some of the saves Reimer made, but especially that one someone on Twitter called, "James and the Giant Reach!!"? Holy CRAP!!! How did he pull that off? My jaw was literally hanging open for a good minute or so after seeing that on Connected after the Jays game.

And who else scores the first Leafs goal but Phil Kessel. I swear...Ever since his Sister won the Tourney MVP for the Women's World Hockey Championships last week in Ottawa, he's caught fire!!

Coincidence? I think not!!

Oh and Theo Fleury tweeted this freaky fact : Brodeur is at 666 career wins and holding for about two or three weeks now. A Goalie for a team called the Devils has a current stat like that!?!

vCash

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Was it wrong of me to think that maybe the crowd joined in on the national anthem like they did because they couldn't stand to hear that guy's awful singing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    Was it wrong of me to think that maybe the crowd joined in on the national anthem like they did because they couldn't stand to hear that guy's awful singing?
    I had the same thought.

vCash
    But it wouldn't be *a Bruins* game w/out him doing a horrible job of it. It's his trademark and a shame too. The Bruins deserve better.

vCash
    NHL Alumni ~ Boston Bruins Foundation ~ Marchand Suite Raffle

RAFFLE DESCRIPTION

You and thirteen (13) guests will enjoy the first Boston Bruins home playoff game of 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs in Brad Marchand’s personal suite. In addition, all guests will receive a post-game meet & greet with Brad.

Net proceeds from this raffle will benefit the Richard Family Fund, setup in memory of Martin Richard, an 8 year old from Dorchester, MA who tragically died in the events of the Boston Marathon.

vCash
    And the silly Leafs managed to bungle yet another game. Come on boys, enough with this stupid stuff. Start shooting that small black disk at the goaltender of the other team. You know, that thing called a PUCK!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I know this has more than likely been posted in the thread for all going on in Boston today, but....

The Bruins and the NHL both decided to cancel tonight's game at the Garden due to the events of the last 24 hrs. Both for the safety of the Teams and respective Personnel of the Teams and the Garden, but to also free up any Security Personnel that work part time for Bruins/Celtics games who are also Natl Guard Reserve.

They were also going to do an event tonight much like what the Canucks do at their last Home Game and auction The Jersey Off Their Backs after the game and the proceeds were to go to one of the Funds set up to help those affected by the bombings on Monday. I hope they still get to do this at some point soon, as it's a great idea and I know it's one of *the* major fundraisers the Canucks hold for their Foundation/Charities and they raise an awful lot of money by the end of the night. Considering what this was going to, I can only imagine how much money the Bruins *will* raise once they do get the chance to hold this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast