Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    I don't get how Buffalo sucks so much when they have the top point scorer in the league? I guess he must be the only one that scores ...

vCash
    I'm not sure why they suck so bad either. They just keep losing. Over and over again...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by meggonzo View Post
    I don't get how Buffalo sucks so much when they have the top point scorer in the league? I guess he must be the only one that scores ...
    My BF always says that's what he likes about hockey - it takes a team, with chemistry between those in a line (and one good line alone isn't usually enough). A top scorer and solid goaltender help a lot but can't carry on their own.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    NHL GameCentre ~ The Blackhawks Honour Eddie Olzcyk

Congratulations to one of the newest members of the US Hockey Hall of Fame!!

Also...In not so great news....Evegeny Malkin went into the boards *hard* during tonight's game. He went off under his own power, but it also looked like his head literally was whipped back into the boards and then back again. Scary to say the least.

vCash
    Well, it took me this long to find it, but it was tough to find a Leafs Opening where Scotty sang *both* Anthems.

You Tube ~ Remembrance Day Pre-Game Ceremony - Leafs vs Wild - Part 2 of 2 (HD)

He, Michael Burgess and John McDermott really are the three best out of those who do the Anthems for the Leafs. Anyway, I really wanted everyone to know exactly how Scott sounded on Opening Night at the ACC. I'm just sad it took me this long to find it.

vCash
    Did anyone else watch the Detroit-Chicago game this afternoon on NBC? What a thriller! I thought Chicago was going to get their first regulation loss, but ended up winning in a shoot out. I wanted to see them finally lose but found myself rooting for them as I'm not much of a Detroit fan. My boss loves Patrick Kane so I'm sure he'll be happy since Kane got the tying goal late in the 3rd and then got the shoot out goal to win. My boss and I always like to pick the opposite teams in playoffs and tournaments just because we don't like having to root for the same team, so I was hoping for Chicago to win but not for Patrick Kane to score, haha. I live in Minnesota so we'll both be rooting for the Wild to take down Chicago on Tuesday!

vCash
    I don't even follow hockey, but I really needed to share this photo from the SI Vault Twitter. I believe that fur coat would have been better suited to Tarasova.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I don't even follow hockey, but I really needed to share this photo from the SI Vault Twitter. I believe that fur coat would have been better suited to Tarasova.
    He looks like he grabbed his mom's coat!

vCash

Farewell oh Captain my Captain...Enjoy playing w/Sid and Geno in Pittsburgh!!

Which considering the direction the Flames are flaming into, I'm sure Iggy will greatly enjoy his time in Pittsburgh.

Still...Sigh!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post

Farewell oh Captain my Captain...Enjoy playing w/Sid and Geno in Pittsburgh!!

Which considering the direction the Flames are flaming into, I'm sure Iggy will greatly enjoy his time in Pittsburgh.

Still...Sigh!!
    Well if he had to go anywhere, I was hoping it would be Pittsburgh.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Oh, same here, but it still hurts to see Iggy go.

However, it was expected. Now, if the Leafs go stupid and actually make a deal for Luongo, that will make me well and truly heart sick, because that guy is the last thing the Buds need right now. We're on a nice little streak and I think Reimer will be just fine and doesn't deserve to be a backup.

The Leafs also don't need the mill stone that is the remander of Roberto's contract either, so hopefully they don't pull the string on that rumour and turn it into fact.

vCash
    I've never started a post by quoting myself, but...

The Leafs also don't need the mill stone that is the remander of Roberto's contract either, so hopefully they don't pull the string on that rumour and turn it into fact.
    Now, what did we learn from Roberto today that we already knew?

My contract sucks!!
    Indeed it does, but you signed it M'dear and were getting much praise for how you were handling things this Season being pushed back to a Back up role pretty much, but you let frustration win out today and...

Anyone else still wondering why I wasn't happy about the rumours? I was doing a Hallelujah dance when the deadline came and went w/out hearing about Luongo about to wear a Leafs jersey. Do we really need that in our Dressing Room right now? Nope, nope and NOPE!!

I get why Dave Nonnis was going for a Veteran Goalie, because Reimer and Scrivens have zilch experience at the Playoffs at the NHL level and he wanted someone there to try and steer the "kids" a bit and have a steadying presence there. I get all of that and, on that level, I also understand it. However, our young Goalies aren't going to get that experience if they don't even get a chance *to* experience it.

Now maybe I'm a bit naive here, but I truly do think we'll be okay in Goal. It's our defence we *really* needed to try and work something out and considering what this kid coming from the Av's did when he was paired w/John-Michael Liles back in the day in Colorado and I'm excited to see him play and what'll happen tomorrow night.

So I'm good w/what the Leafs did and didn't do today.

My Flames OTOH...Sigh... Sad. Just out and out sad.

vCash
    Congratulations to our Chicago Blackhawks fans here at FSU on becoming the first team to clinch a Playoff Spot!!

And good on Jonathan Toews for what he did at the Ceremonial Face Off. It was Hockey Fights Cancer night and the little guy who did the honours is fighting Leukaemia. Not only did Captain Serious give this lil guy the puck, as all of the Ceremonial Puck Droppers get as a keepsake of the moment, but then he gives the kid his game stick too.

Now that Ladies and Gents, *that* is a Class Act and Man.

ETA ~ Here's the video of the Puck Drop!!
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 04-08-2013 at 07:27 AM.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    And good on Jonathan Toews for what he did at the Ceremonial Face Off. It was Hockey Fights Cancer night and the little guy who did the honours is fighting Leukaemia. Not only did Captain Serious give this lil guy the puck, as all of the Ceremonial Puck Droppers get as a keepsake of the moment, but then he gives the kid his game stick too. Now that Ladies and Gents, *that* is a Class Act and Man. ETA ~ Here's the video of the Puck Drop!!
    That little guy is adorable. J. Toews rocks.

vCash
    OHHHHHHH my word. The Leafs win again. Pulled a rabbit out of their -- hat? Is it actually possible? Could they? Will they?
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    OHHHHHHH my word. The Leafs win again. Pulled a rabbit out of their -- hat? Is it actually possible? Could they? Will they?
    Not likely.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Yes!!!!! (please .. someday before dementia sets in and I can still understand what's happening!)

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I was at the game last night - the Leafs didn't have to pull anything out of a hat; they had it from middle of the first period onward. Lundqvist was definitely not himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    Not likely.
    Now Habs -- you do know I was referring to the Leafs making the playoffs and nothing more, right? You are such a tease but I'll let it go cause you are named after my other fav team who also seems to be playoff bound.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Now Habs -- you do know I was referring to the Leafs making the playoffs and nothing more, right?

They certainly appear to be playoff bound.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast