Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

vCash
    It looks like the spoiler Prancer posted is coming true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I watched the first part last night - opening through end of reward challenge, and it was as I feared, The Philip Show. Sorry folks, for the first time in the history of this show, I'm skipping this season. I'll keep following this thread as all your comments are so much fun, and maybe tune in for the finale, but otherwise Wed nights are all about Nashville and BB Canada for me

We'll miss you Jenny but I totally understand giving the Philip show a pass. He doesn't bother me at all so I'm actually enjoying this season alot. Doesn't hurt that I have loved seeing Reynold & Eddie's alliance of cool kids completely fall apart the past few weeks. Its amusing that neither has a clue how to play this game yet are called "fans"!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I barely noticed Phillip in this week's episode. I thought it was the Reynold show. I'd really like an episode without him throwing things.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Philip is just one factor for me. It's more a general pissedoffedness that they are presenting this sham as "favourites" rather than going with new players (and maybe 1-2 returnees), which has been interesting the past few seasons. I just couldn't get excited about it, and tuning in last night didn't spark my interest at all sadly. Plus, I have enough tv on the go, especially w BB Canada on three nights a week!

But do carry on - I'm not watching the Bachelor either, but enjoying that thread nonetheless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    So is everybody on the tribe now a member of Secret Agent Toys R Us, or whatever the name of it is?
    Yes, and everyone knows that everyone else is in and has a codename. I loved Andrea getting mad that Phillip was giving names to outsiders.

vCash
    how long has it been since we've had a season with ALL new players?

never mind - it was just a couple seasons ago (One World). it just feels like we've had an endless parade of "favorites" shoved down our throats.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    how long has it been since we've had a season with ALL new players?

never mind - it was just a couple seasons ago (One World). it just feels like we've had an endless parade of "favorites" shoved down our throats.
    It makes for "better" and "more exciting" seasons, according to Jeff & Co. The unfortunate coincidence that One World sucked while it being the only season out of the past 5 to not have returning players doesn't bode well for an entirely new cast at some point down the road.

vCash
    I liked One World But I guess seeing a competent, sane person strategize her way to victory isn't for everyone (and doesn't make for high ratings).

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Next season is all new players.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    The big negative for One World is that it included a hateful crazy, and once he was mercifully gone the season got a bit boring (although Kim was great). I don't need non-stop drama, but a great player/strategist basically owning the season isn't very memorable, unfortunately. Just wish it weren't hard to find maybe two great strategists/players in a season.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    Reynold has some potential, but Eddie is an out-and-out idiot.
    Reynold might be a bigger idiot than Eddie. Eddie's docile, so there's no expectations. Reynold you can see has some intelligence, but he remains antagonistic. As soon as it was clear he was in a minority, he should have distance himself from his group. He should have sucked up to whoever would have let him and found where the weakness in the main alliance was and worked his way in there. He hasn't tried to make a connection with anyone. He remains only because of his physical strength. Other than that, he means absolutely nothing to anyone. And he's doing nothing to change that.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    He keeps saying that he has no respect for anyone else there. Um, ok. How do you think they feel about that, genius?

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    From Reynold's Survivor profile:

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: With my charming personality and a long history of thriving in and adapting to new social situations, I am the best equipped to manipulate the actions of my fellow competitors to play my agenda.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    AKA, with my delusional personality, I will get my arse handed to me by a badly botoxed and Bullock-lipped aging Barbie, and somehow still believe that I can control the game, even when hanging on by my jock (and I don't mean underwear, I mean Eddie)
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    A few musings after finally getting a chance to watch this ep...

You would think it would be impossible to have worse tats that Matt, but Lil' Hantz' new ones are horrific

Reynold is clueless. You don't get the vote you wanted, then you go back to camp and all out all the others, saying you didn't like any of them. Seems to me if you are down to two in your alliance, you are going to need someone from the other group. Dont alienate them. He got lucky this week since Laura was so inept in challenges, but dude, at some point you will need them. Weren't you supposed to have watched the show before????

And this really has morphed into the Phillip show. He's not a crazy this time around, but sheesh it's really getting boring this time.

BTW, does anyone know if Colton was asked back for this show? I'd hate him, but he'd be at least entertaining, unlike these "Favorites".

And finally, evidently Probst is getting hammered on social media for this season. Not be a good few months for Jeff, with his talk show being cancelled and this boring ep of Survivor.

vCash
    I know everybody is probably watching Worlds at the moment, so I'm not expecting much conversation about tonight's ep, but...

Brandon is such a little piece of shit. I seriously hope that with his out-of-control psychopath tirade, and his uncle Willie's violence stint on Big Brother, that this is the last time we will EVER have a Hantz on a reality competition show. Brandon's behavior almost makes me wish that Russell was brought back for this season instead (I can't believe I just said that) -- at least he was just a terrible social player, he didn't go on with verbal attacks and get so out of control.

vCash
    Whoa that behavior was awful! Just like why'd he even get on again? So he could do that! Of course.

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    That was a whole lot of crazy and one of the most bizarre episodes in Survivor history. Brandon's behavior was very disturbing. I, too, hope it's the last we see of any member of the Hantz family.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

vCash
    Yes, such a strange and sad episode. During the impromptu TC - I was watching the other Favs and their reactions.
    Corinne - have not seen much of her this season, but the one we knew from the past seems to have shown herself.
    I felt really bad for Dawn and Andrea - they seemed genuinely upset and concerned for Brandon. And Brenda (how little we have seen of her) was upset and knew it was not good. Every fav seemed rattled, but Corinne and Phillip were strange.
    Corrine seemed to be both upset and enjoying it a little. Just strange. Also Reynold seemed to be entertained.
    I find it strange for someone to be so entertained when someone else is breaking down.

Philliip - seemed quite controlled for someone that seems unstable during Brandon's rants. Phillip is also quite capable in challenges. We are seeing 2 Phillips.
    I hope they show some of the aftermatch conversations.
    I found it interesting how the tribe handled it - instead of throwing a challenge - just forfeit openly.
    I think Jeff handled it very well, getting Brandon to stand by him, keeping him separate and massaging his shoulders, trying to calm him down.
    I felt like I should not have watched, but part of me is thinking - it can't be this bad, why are they letting this be on tv. Have they gone too far?
    Wonder what the fallout will be. Hope no more Hantzs - Jeff is right - something in their blood. Brandon sounded like Russell at times.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast