Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    What was funny about Rudy's homophobia in the past?
    I misspoke there. I never find it funny. But, I think years ago, he decided it was his 'schtick' and he's still doing it. I thought even Probst looked uncomfortable there.

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    Dawn did a good job at TC, and I thought she might get a vote or two. I didn't expect Sherri to get any but I did enjoy watching her come back at Eric and show she had some personality instead of the bland, passive one she showed all season. I didn't get all his anger at her. Even if he hadn't been pulled from the game, there's no guarantee he would have been in the final three. Sherri would have been there no matter what because she wasn't going to get any votes--not unless she suddenly peeled off her face and revealed, not one of the lizard people from V, but Boston Rob in disguise.

How many times must we have Boston Rob foisted on us? I thought he, Rudy, and Malcolm fan girl were a complete waste of time. I would rather have seen more of the current cast, particularly Corinne. I was glad Cochran won.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    I misspoke there. I never find it funny. But, I think years ago, he decided it was his 'schtick' and he's still doing it. I thought even Probst looked uncomfortable there.
    Funny, since Probst was the one egging him on, what with the S1 clip of suntan lotion and Hatch's video.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I only flipped back and forth while watching something else, but I too thought the non-jury members got ripped off just because of Brandon - even more so to learn they only found out at the last minute. It was already odd with Brenda not there - it was awkward overall.

And, even though I'm a big Boston Rob fan, I agree that this is the moment for THIS cast, not retreads from the past. If they still think those characters have traction, they should do a one-hour special - top 10 moments in Survivor or something, with a reunion of interesting cast members, chat, etc. Could even get the audience involved - voting on social media etc. If no one thinks that's worthy of a tv special, they could do it online/social media.

Also agree that audience comments (which are so obviously scripted) are pointless, as are twitter captions when they could be using that time to show you faces in the audience. And oddly, as I jumped back and forth, I managed to catch Jeff ask Cochran something he had already addressed, forcing him to basically repeat and answer that was also similar to something he had just said at final TC (filmed last year I know, but we just saw it). Very bad use of precious air time.

The person that impressed me was Andrea - what a great attitude for someone so young. Expected her to fall into the AmEgos I'm young and popular crap, but there's seems to be more to her.

Meh to the spoiler on returning cast members next season. Can't even remember half of them.

Glad Cochran won though - he deserved it, and it's always good to see a true fan of the game who played it with everything he had win.

vCash
    On next season's cast spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Regarding the "format" for next season:

Spoiler

Spoiler

vCash
    Photo of the pre-jury contestants sitting in the audience.

vCash
    Francesca wuzrobbed

EW has an interview with Cochran, I found this part hilarious and a bit

EW: Now, wait and minute. If you didn’t go out and party last night does that mean Eddie gets to go back and retroactively change his vote since you didn’t sit with him at the bar?
    COCHRAN: No, I did meet up with Eddie. We were going to do photo op where I had a girl in each arm but that never happened unfortunately. God, that question of his. They didn’t even show it. I started to give a joke answer and then Jeff cut me off and said “It’s a really good question! Take it seriously!” So I then had to talk about my incredible growth and how much I wanted to go out with the bros. It was ridiculous.
    I'm relieved to hear that Cochran wasn't taking that idiotic question seriously, and amused/horrified that Jeffy played into the bro-code-ness of it.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/13/jo...ivor-caramoan/

EW: What percentage of your comments to Erik before he got taken away by the doctors about being so happy to have made a friend were genuine and what percentage was you working a jury member?
    COCHRAN: [Laughs]

EW: C’mon!
    COCHRAN: I will say — I hope Erik doesn’t read this — but I was putting on this fake sort of crying face when I was standing there and saying the whole thing about friendship. I do consider him a friend, but that was a little bit of pandering. And thank God they didn’t show it but when I got back to camp I was giving these really nasty interviews where I was like, “Why the hell is everyone crying? This is freakin’ fantastic! We’re final four now! Quit it with the tears, Dawn! Oh, he’ll be fine. Sure, he’s near death now, but he’ll be fine!” It was shocking, but I think I was more overjoyed by it than distraught.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post

Spoiler

Spoiler

Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    I finally gave in and saw the alleged cast list

Spoiler

And I still hate the format.

vCash
    What did Erik say to/about Sherri? Sorry, I must've missed it.

vCash
    Erik asked Sherri if she understood why she was taken to the F3, did she know it's because she was a floater. She tried to say it was due to her game play and he just railed at her about how useless she was, he called her a "seashell" (as it, she was just there all the time). It was a surprisingly angry attack, and Sherri ended up cutting him off and telling him there was no point since it was clear he wasn't going to vote for her no matter what, and she told him to sit down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I finally gave in and saw the alleged cast list

Spoiler

And I still hate the format.

Spoiler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Erik asked Sherri if she understood why she was taken to the F3, did she know it's because she was a floater. She tried to say it was due to her game play and he just railed at her about how useless she was, he called her a "seashell" (as it, she was just there all the time). It was a surprisingly angry attack, and Sherri ended up cutting him off and telling him there was no point since it was clear he wasn't going to vote for her no matter what, and she told him to sit down.

I just caught the end of that when Sherri said he wasn't going to vote for her anyway.

vCash
    wow, now there's an interview with Erik, and he is both super pissed about the finale and majorly bittercakes about the show.

vCash
    Congrats to Cochran. He played a beautiful game, and killed it on challenges. And fully deserved to get all the votes. Unlike some, I thought he did a beautiful job in the Final Tribal. I am a bit surprised that Dawn didn't get any votes, this is one time where the behavior of the castaway was really held against them. Sounds like the incessant crying must have been really annoying.

And for god's sake, can we at least go one season without a Mariano sighting????

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    They look thrilled.

So was Brandon actually there, ready to go, and then they told him no way you are not participating? Or was he not even in the studio? While I can understand not wasting their short amount of air time on the players who didn't even make the Jury, they could at least let them sit on the stage.

vCash
    They decided a couple of days beforehand that Brandon would not be allowed at the finale. It was the other pre-jury players who were only told about not getting to sit on the stage right before the show.

I still can't believe after 5 seasons of Hantzes shoved down our throats they didn't even mention Brandon not being there. Even the most causal of viewers who's at least been watching the finales for the past few years had to be saying "where's that short angry dude with the hat?" (since Russell has plenty to say even when he wasn't part of the season).

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    The interviews are interesting. Dawn said she wasn't expecting the jury to be nearly so angry and bitter; she handled it really well, at least on the surface.

And this:

Cochran: At the merge, the most important vote was the Corinne vote. It wasn’t clear we were going to have the numbers. Andrea was going to talk to Eddie to get him on board, but she was called away for an interview. And it was at a point that we knew we were going to get called away for Tribal Council in the next ten minutes. I was terrified she wouldn’t get to talk to him. So I went to Eddie, not having spoken to him over the previous three days, and introduced myself and told him we were voting for Corinne. Malcolm saw me do this, Malcolm goes right up to Eddie. I see this intense conversation between them. That could’ve blown everything. Had Eddie ratted me out, Malcolm could have played the idol for Corinne and it would’ve been a disaster. That would’ve ruined my game.

I actually LOL when I read that, as Eddie TWICE ruined Malcolm's plans by blabbing, but somehow kept his mouth shut TO Malcolm when he should have said something and managed to ruin the game yet again for The Three AmEgos. Malcolm keeps making digs at Eddie on Twitter and I see why. What a doofus. Not that I wanted any of those three to win (I think a few more doses of televised humiliation would do them all some good), but still. Cochran says that Malcolm and Andrea would never have voted for Eddie if he had made the finals, which is interesting--and probably true, considering that Cochran is good friends with both of them now.

And also LOL that the first thing Cochran intends to buy is a Segway, as he's wanted one for years. And he already has a writing job--he's going to be the Big Brother re-cap writer for EW.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Cochran really is Scott Evil come to life, isn't he?

Poor Eddie. What a doof.

vCash
    Posted in error

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast