Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

vCash
    If I were Cochran, I'd get rid of Eddie. Just watching for an hour and fifteen minutes, Dawn and Sherrie annoy the crap out of me. He could sail to the million easily with either of them. He also seems to have a lot of buddies on jury from the season overview at the beginning. A hot guy who saves lives and wants to use the million dollars to open a dog bar--I'll bet all the girls would vote for him.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    dog bar is kind of cute
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Well that was expected

I had ran into spoilers last summer, so I knew who made it to the end ... interesting is that the general idea was that Dawn got completely slammed by the jury and was a complete trainwreck, but she certainly had an impressive showing, IMO. No crying, owning her gameplay, etc. Not surprised to see Sherri get completely ignored after like 2 jury questions I wish they'd dump the final-3, it is so pointless as one person is almost always ignored.

vCash
    Granted, I'm not a regular viewer of Survivor, but I don't get this whole talk of "betrayal." It's people you've known at the most 39 days, and it's a game. It's not the first five seasons anymore. You know what's coming, and these two have been here before. This is ridiculous.

As for friendships for most people most of the time, I imagine it's a lot like high school and family reunions. For a brief moment in time, your friends and you say you're going to keep up and hang out or whatever, but you don't. You go back to your real life, and they all become somebody you used to know.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    I think I now understand the editing this season. If we saw what was actually going on, We would have known awhile ago that Cochran would win. As much crying and breakdowns we saw of Dawn, we barely saw as much as what really happened.
    Love how Cochrane really has grown n matured. a well deserved win.
    Sherri - hard to believe she is successful, with an Amanda like FTC.
    Malcolm, does look like Fabiola, like someone posted earlier.

FTC. Sherri bring ignored. Malcolm's reactions. Overall very entertaining.

vCash
    I loved the new format with only the focus being on the top players. We didn't have to hear Shemar whine or listen to Jeff give time to people voted out early. And to no Hantz mention at all!

PS - Rudy - you're a homophobe and it stopped being funny years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    I loved the new format with only the focus being on the top players. We didn't have to hear Shemar whine or listen to Jeff give time to people voted out early. And to no Hantz mention at all!

So true. I did wonder if the Hantz issue is why the whole cast was not on stage. So something good came out of it!
    I think it is wonderful that Dawn adopted children. But, IMHO, is not the reason one should receive a vote in this competition.
    Another comment on the editing, with all I have read, I think Erik was not shown how much better he was playing. They left him set up to come back again. Corinne looked a little like Jerri tonight

vCash
    That was the worst reunion show ever (I admit that no Hantz's was an improvement, however), but to have the pre-jury in the audience, which is a huge slap in the face to them -- they were part of the show, too! -- and to still yet ignore 4 of the 10 who were sitting on the stage (Eddie, Sherri, Michael, and Erik), it was awful! Didn't need to see Boston Rob for the 2903852895th time... Rudy was okay but the interview could have been half as long.

Nice that they got Brenda in via sattelite. Congratulations to her on hew baby-to-be

vCash
    Congrats to Cochran .. my #2 choice from the start. No surprise Malcolm won the fan fav. award. Good luck to Brenda such a cutie!!!

Boring finally.

Next season ... blood vs water. Any thoughts? One tribe all family and the other not related at all? There must be some good twist ...

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    re: Prancer's 1st spoiler about next season's format: GACK
    But it's obviously true, given the clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    That was the worst reunion show ever (I admit that no Hantz's was an improvement, however), but to have the pre-jury in the audience, which is a huge slap in the face to them -- they were part of the show, too! -- and to still yet ignore 4 of the 10 who were sitting on the stage (Eddie, Sherri, Michael, and Erik), it was awful! Didn't need to see Boston Rob for the 2903852895th time... Rudy was okay but the interview could have been half as long.
    ITA. One of the things I always liked about Jeff doing the finale instead of Bryant Gumbel (remember when he hosted the reunion shows?) was that Jeff always made sure every cast member got to say something about their lives since the show; I thought it was interesting to see where they all ended up. Then it was, well, not every cast member gets to say something. Now it's like the winner and first loser get to speak and whoever the producers think should have won ( you KNOW they wanted Malcolm to win) and then they trot out past Survivors, which is even worse than it was when Bryant Gumbel was the host.

I am sure there are people who are interested in Boston Rob's book, but . I am shocked that Jeff didn't let Phillip plug his book, too, or plug his two kids' books.

Apparently the cast members were told of the decision to keep the pre-jurors off the stage right before the show started. And wheeeee, they are not happy.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    What was funny about Rudy's homophobia in the past?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I had a moment of panic during FTC - Dawn owned that Tribal Sherri was never going to get any votes, but it's too bad that she fell apart, since she made a case for her game in her beach confessional beforehand. I expected Cochran's TC performance to be a lot stronger than it was. Clearly it worked for him, but highlighting his insecurity seemed an odd choice, and the whole "I'd be at the bar with you guys" was weird. Dawn OTOH did a phenomenal job of answering all questions, and not just in comparison to how everyone expected her to behave. Good for her for the teeth thing, but honestly I just wanted her to tell Brenda to get over herself already, it's a freakin GAME!!

Re: Reunion - this season had so much craziness there's no way it could all get covered adequately...and yet there's time to trot out Boston Rob AGAIN?! And to pimp his fcuking book? The preteen who was supposed to fangirl Malcolm froze on camera, and the Rudy bit was useless. I'm ok with getting nothing from most of the early boots - I thought Corrinne deserved at least a line or two, but none of the favorites who didn't make the jury were worth any camera time. That sucks that they weren't told about the format until the last moment, though. And I HATE the Twitter updates

It would be funny if the preview meant it would be an all-female season next time

I'm shocked that Malcolm edged out Brenda for the fan favorite after all the outrage since Wednesday.

ETA: WTH was up with Erik at FTC? yes, everyone but Sherri knew she was a goat, but why all that anger? I'm glad she dished it right back to him...even though he was technically right and she was delusional, his tantrum made him look like a petulant little boy who didn't get the toy he wanted. It wasn't Sherri's fault he went out the way he did, but you'd never know it by the way he went after her.

Also: for the first time in EVER everyone looked better at the reunion than they did on the show. I think it's because there were only 4 women in the jury phase, so a lot less chance for OTT drag queen makeup. But they all looked good. (ok I can't resist - hey Malcolm! Brad Pitt called, he wants his 1990's look back! )
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Oh, Sherri, bless. I'm not sure what her awkward "I'm actually successful in real life and have lots of money" speech was supposed to accomplish.

I hope Malcolm uses his fan favorite money to buy himself some nicer headbands. (And acting lessons...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I hope Malcolm uses his fan favorite money to buy himself some nicer headbands. (And acting lessons...)
    sssssssrsly!
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    for Cochran! And with no "bitter votes" (I hate those), winning 4 challenges, and getting all 7 votes I assume since no other votes were shown. That must be wild to be such a fan of something, like he is of Survivor, to actually win it. He cleans up nice too.

On the tease for next season, I guessed it was something meaning "blood in the water" and was thinking it might be a revenge type show. Like players who (either real or imagined) had some revenge they wanted to deal out for being blindsided or whatever. I think I would like that better than what y'all are saying it really is. They better be good players if its true, and not "token players".

When you see Brenda sitting there pregnant and ready to pop, you realize this season really did end almost a year ago! I can't believe I never came across one spoiler in all that time. Of course, I didn't go looking, but even just in passing I never heard or saw anything about this season. I spoiled myself once on TAR and vowed to never do that again. Totally ruins watching when you do that.

vCash
    Regarding the "format" for next season:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I expected Cochran's TC performance to be a lot stronger than it was. Clearly it worked for him, but highlighting his insecurity seemed an odd choice, and the whole "I'd be at the bar with you guys" was weird.
    Now I thought that was just the right tack for Cochran to take, especially in response to Malcolm's douchey question (why do people like Malcolm so?). Most Survivor juries respond well to confidence ("I did it, yes, I did") but do not respond well to arrogance ("I owned your asses, yes, I did.") In a confessional, Cochran might have said "What do I have that you don't have? I'm just as smart as you think you are," but that would not play well with the Three AmEgos. Saying "I'm a dweeb and you're not," OTOH, both strokes Malcolm's ego and makes Cochran appear honest, self-aware and humble. Like Reynold said (sort of), with some distance, the players recognize that it's a game and that's all it is, but at the time, it doesn't feel that way, and the juries don't want to hear "I won because I'm just that much better than you."

That said, I thought Dawn held up really well at Tribal Council, surprisingly so given that she spent a week in a mental health facility after it was all over.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Ehhh at that spoilered cast list. I only recognize 4 names and I don't remember any of them fondly.

They gave such short shrift to Erik leaving. That is really devastating... I don't think anyone has ever been pulled medically that late into the game... I would've liked them to talk to him more at the finale at least. He barely reacted when they pulled him; must have been totally out of it. Maybe his anger at Sherri was residual anger about that. I imagine he'll have a free pass as a favorite in a future season if he wants it. We never really got to see what his deal was this season with all the errant votes (poor gameplay or strategy).

Happy Brenda is pregnant but lifting her dress was strange...

Cochran looked hot all cleaned up Pretty flawless game from him. Has anyone ever won unanimously before?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Now I thought that was just the right tack for Cochran to take, especially in response to Malcolm's douchey question (why do people like Malcolm so?). Most Survivor juries respond well to confidence ("I did it, yes, I did") but do not respond well to arrogance ("I owned your asses, yes, I did.") In a confessional, Cochran might have said "What do I have that you don't have? I'm just as smart as you think you are," but that would not play well with the Three AmEgos. Saying "I'm a dweeb and you're not," OTOH, both strokes Malcolm's ego and makes Cochran appear honest, self-aware and humble.
    True enough. It was the response to Reynold's question about the bar that was weirdest - but then, as with Malcolm, it showed what a smarmy git Reynold is. He really just cannot get beyond high school mentality, can he?

ETA: it was apparently Eddie's question, not Reynold's

Three AmEgos

The reunion format was awful for all kinds of reasons, but I wish there's been some acknowledgement that Eddie and Reynold were on the outs from day 1 in their tribe because they chose a Cool Kids Alliance - and they can't count

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Happy Brenda is pregnant but lifting her dress was strange...
    Considering the high tide of emotions among fans, I'm sure it was to prove that she really was pregnant and not just staying away out of spite. Not that there won't be conspiracy theories about prosthetics, but....

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Cochran looked hot all cleaned up Pretty flawless game from him. Has anyone ever won unanimously before?
    Your question made me curious so I looked it up.

Players to win by unanimous decision: Earl Cole (Fiji), James "JT" Thomas (Tocantins), John Cochran (Caramoan)
    http://survivor.50webs.com/facts.htm

ETA - something else interesting from that site.

* JT Thomas from Survivor: Tocantins and John Cochran from Survivor: Caramoan are the only players in Survivor history to be credited with a "perfect game". To achieve this feat, one must survive all 39 days, not have a vote cast against them at all Tribal Councils, and receive a unanimous winning vote from the final jury. However, JT also won Player of the Season for Tocantins, winning an extra $100,000 whereas Malcolm Freberg was Player of the Season for Caramoan
    Last edited by purple skates; 05-13-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast