Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    hello, spoiler tags!

Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    So I am guessing that the theme for this season's end game is "Past players who did and did not learn from their mistakes," with Andrea being one who didn't and Cochran and Dawn being ones who did? Not sure yet about Brenda (she speaks!) or Erik. Erik's theme seems to be food--most of his confessionals are about food and it looks like he has a massive meltdown over food next week.

Eddie has to be one the dumbest Survivor players ever. First he refused to vote against Andrea because she's pretty, then he TOLD Andrea that she was the target of the vote, which messed up that particular plan. Next, he announces at Tribal Council that he, Reynold and Malcolm are the Three Amigos, which both made it clear to everyone that no one had joined their alliance AND guaranteed that no one would, and, this time, knowing his head was on the block, he didn't even try to win immunity.

Reynold is one of the few Survivors ever who looks worse on the jury. That mustache! And did he wash his hair? Malcolm looks like a romance novel cover model, but at least he looks clean.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Of the remaining players.....
    Sherri, Erik, Eddie. Do not deserve to win.
    Cochrane, Dawn and Brenda areplaying, but lack of Brenda tells me she does not win, so Dawn or Cochrane win, preferably Cochrane!
    If Brenda was injured early on, and now she is a challenge threat, that would have been a good story to tell, so bad editing or she does not win. is it me or does the editing seem more telling this season.
    I really hope Cochrane wins!

vCash
    Andrea was playing way too hard. Do that, and you end up with a target on your chest, and tonight they got her. Cochran is playing beautifully, and I would love to see him win. My only thought is that he should talk less at tribal. People will begin to understand how well he's doing. And evidently next week he becomes a target.

vCash
    I was so happy they blindsided Andrea and saved Brenda, then minutes later Brenda gets some dialogue and it's "We have to get rid of Cochran." Boo!

vCash
    I couldn't believe Eddie quit the challenge so quickly over a couple of donuts. He seems to be flying under the radar though. I agree with Prancer, Reynolds looks terrible all cleaned (?) up. I hope Brenda doesn't turn on Cochran. I'd like either Brenda or Cochran to win

vCash
    I thought it was a pretty good episode even though I do like Andrea - just nice to see some strategists on the show and people playing to win. And good for Andrea for taking her ouster so well...you could tell with that "WHAT?!?" when she got her second vote that she was pretty pissed, but at least she was a grown-up and put a good face on it after she recovered from the initial shock. It was an interesting contrast from her first season where she was in tears over her tribe ousting her island BF (Matt? I think). I've seen on other boards people saying that she made the same mistakes as her previous season, but I'd disagree - if anything, she was trying to overcorrect because on her first season, she didn't really play at all and just got snowed by Rob, whereas this time she overplayed just a little bit.

I agree that Eddie is an idiot for quitting the challenge so early. If Reynold had won the challenge, Eddie would have been hooped on that vote.

to Brenda and Andrea for kicking ass on the first challenge. I had to rewind to make sure I got it right that they really outlasted everyone else by close to two and a half hours before making their own rules to finally end it.

vCash
    I thought that Reynold took his ouster well, too. I know he had to expect it, but he still could have been a baby about it. And yeah, Brenda and Andrea were awesome on that first challenge!

vCash
    Pretty much echoing everyone else: Brenda and Andrea ed at the 1st IC (which I guessed based on their performances in the water breathing challenge), Eddie is a complete dumbass, Andrea played way too hard way too fast, And Cochran needs to watch out. I'm a little worried that the remaining players will let Eddie stay around too long - eventually he might remember that he is there to play, and the "non bitter" jury is already very pro-Eddie. Sherri is the #1 perfect goat - even Probst forgot her!

Now that Brenda's talking, I'm rooting for her - I agree, though, that her edit is not a winner edit. I still want Cochran to win, Dawn could sway me, and even Erik has got some game, even if it's goofy game that no one else seems to be in on.

Andrea was a very good player, but that vote was delicious. Brenda's face when Andrea realized what was up! I'm a little disappointed Andrea didn't start crying like she did in episode 2 or whatever when she was almost voted out, but her exit was classy. Her Ponderosa video is pretty funny too - she says she's never taking that Immunity Idol off.

Oh, and it looks like Reynold was only sporting that mustache for the 1st post-boot TC. In Andrea's Ponderosa vid, he's clean shaven and generally looks scrubbed.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Had to share this among those who would appreciate it: you know how at final TC Jeff always makes a point of saying "now remember, this time you are writing down the name of the person you want to win"? And Julie does the same on Big Brother every season? Well Arisa Cox did it too last night on the finale of the first BB Canada, but one player apparently didn't listen.

When the votes were read, one jury member jumped up and said she'd made a mistake and voted for the wrong person, protesting, calling producer manipulation, and being told to get back in her seat while the audience went nuts. And the vote was a 4-3 split, so her mistaken vote changed the outcome. Social media and blogs are freaking this morning as you may imagine.

vCash
    proof that some people really do need the instructions on a bottle of shampoo ("lather. rinse. repeat").

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Had to share this among those who would appreciate it: you know how at final TC Jeff always makes a point of saying "now remember, this time you are writing down the name of the person you want to win"? And Julie does the same on Big Brother every season? Well Arisa Cox did it too last night on the finale of the first BB Canada, but one player apparently didn't listen.

When the votes were read, one jury member jumped up and said she'd made a mistake and voted for the wrong person, protesting, calling producer manipulation, and being told to get back in her seat while the audience went nuts. And the vote was a 4-3 split, so her mistaken vote changed the outcome. Social media and blogs are freaking this morning as you may imagine.
    I don't live in Canada so don't watch this show, but man that is priceless! So she gave the win to the one she hated? Is there a clip somewhere?!
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 05-04-2013 at 05:18 AM.

vCash
    I hate it when I'm offline a few days and have to catch up on the threads. The episode is old news now.

So glad Andrea got blindsided holding the Idol. I love it when that happens! Well, as long as I don't like the person I love it. But why did Erik just blindly hand it over to Andrea when he found it?! I know it was "her" clue, and they all were looking for it, but if "I" dug it up, "I" would keep it for myself.

I don't blame Eddie for bailing for the donuts. I would have taken them just because I knew I would not last that long balancing like that, so I'm taking the first food offer that comes out. Even if I know I could be the next one booted. I figure I know I won't win the challenge anyway, I'm keeping that food from someone else who is going to vote me out anyway. It hurt my feet just watching them do that!

I want Cochran to win!! Was he always this funny?!

vCash
    Quick youtube search pulled it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKknjGafT6c What a trainwreck, lol!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    IBut why did Erik just blindly hand it over to Andrea when he found it?! I know it was "her" clue, and they all were looking for it, but if "I" dug it up, "I" would keep it for myself.
    Erik tweeted that he gave it to Andrea because if he had tried to keep it, he would have been the target.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Oh good point. See, this is why I could never play on Survivor. Even after watching since Season 1, I still don't get it!

vCash
    eh, he had months to think up that excuse

giving away immunity is just what he does

vCash
    The balance challenge seems hard, but one thing that bugs me, it appears the pieces of wood that they are blalancing their feet on is the same size. Is that fair to someone with bigger feet (guys). The challenge last week that Cochrane won, with advantage, involved weight and a comment was said it was related to the individuals weight at the beginning of the game. That seems to be more fair. but balancing on a piece of wood does favor someone with smaller feet.
    Just a nitpik.

Jamesy - love your comment on Erik giving away immunity. lol

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Jeff Probst addressed that in a Q&A

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Let’s start off with a question about the first immunity challenge in which the players had to balance their feet on narrow footholds. I’m too lazy to go compile stats to back this up, but these types of challenges always seem to clearly favor women with smaller feet. Much in the way that strength challenges are now done by percentage of body weight so that bigger men do not have an unfair advantage, has there ever been any thought to evening these types of contests out somehow — especially considering how the two smallest women went for hours longer than anyone else?

JEFF PROBST: Nope. Maybe we should. Our goal is to keep the challenges uneven, unpredictable, and yet hopefully still as fair as possible. There certainly isn’t a science to it and there is always room for improvement even when things aren’t broken. I’ll bring it up to the challenge department. It’s a note worth exploring.
    Article: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/02/je...an-episode-12/ There is stuff about next week in there.

vCash
    there are still plenty of challenges that clearly favor different body types - for instance those that require upper body strength, and that swimming one a few weeks ago which was obviously going to be won by one of the alpha males. The endgame challenge is often one involving balance, which often favors women or at least evens the playing field. I recall in Thailand they mixed it up add a strength component for the first time (they had to hold coins between their fingers) which heavily favored Brian over Jan and Clay.

The first half of this season leaned so heavily toward challenges rewarding upper body strength I'm quite frankly glad they're finally mixing in challenges that favor other attributes.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast