Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Survivor Sucks has changed its name to Survivor Was Actually Pretty Decent This Week .
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Yes .. Phillip is gone!! And once again it was Eric (uh, that is his name, right?) is the only clueless one who doesn't vote with his alliance, even though it really didn't matter. Although, I would have liked Malcolm to play it differently to create even a bigger blindside than he did. Everyone knew he had that one Idol, but not the second. He should have waited until Jeff asked for any HII's, give up his, then go 'oh by the way Jeff, I have a second Idol and I'm giving it to Eddie', so they REALLY would not have seen it coming at all. Kinda killed the suspense once everyone knew all 3 of the outsiders were safe.

vCash
    I wonder if Eric was not really clueless, but saw a chance to get rid of Phillip. He was complaining about Phillip earlier in the episode.

I, too, am rooting for Cochran. He is freakin' hilarious.

vCash
    As much as I enjoyed watching Cochran his first time -- this time he's even better! Cochran FTW!!
    Crazy about sports!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics View Post
    I wonder if Eric was not really clueless, but saw a chance to get rid of Phillip. He was complaining about Phillip earlier in the episode.
    Haven't been watching all season but watched this one based on the previews. Erik actually did a very smart thing assuming he wanted Philip out - he was the one who pointed out the possibility that they might not use both idols, in which case Philip might still be there. That and Philip's advice kept everyone on plan, when they otherwise would have had to turn on each other and break the alliance apart.

Interesting that Jeff only showed three of Philip's votes, so the larger alliance don't know that one of their own voted with the boys.

One question - last week there was discussion here that the Idol Malcolm used was actually Reynold's and Malcolm talked him into giving it to him. Really? When he already had one? And then he voted against Reynold? Really? Wow.

I might actually watch the rest of this season

vCash
    I think Malcolm is trying to gauge the situation by telling everyone they have two idols and voting for Phillip to see if he can get a sign that everyone will switch to Phillip. That way he can save his idol for future use but I guess when Erik mentioned the idols still need to be played and Phillip said everyone should vote according to plan, he knew he had to play his.

And OMG BRENDA HAD A CONFESSIONAL THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cochran FTW!!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    One question - last week there was discussion here that the Idol Malcolm used was actually Reynold's and Malcolm talked him into giving it to him. Really? When he already had one? And then he voted against Reynold? Really? Wow.

I might actually watch the rest of this season
    The last couple of weeks have been good and not too Phillip heavy--relatively speaking.

But yay that he is gone. Strategically, it was a stupid move. Phillip is a great goat. But I don't care--he's gone and may he never return to play another day.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Yeah, that was an awesome oppourtunity by Malcolm to take out anyone he wanted, but it was wasted on Phillip. Phillip was never going to win the game...he'd have been smarter to take out anyone BUT him and it would have impacted the alliance much more.

My guess is, though, Malcolm was really trying some insane misdirect by being SO vocal at TC about what their plan was. I really do think he was hoping the tribe would freak out and vote out Phillip (or better yet, Andrea, like Brenda was pushing for) themselves, so one or more idols could live to see another day. Which very well could have happened, but Erik's voice of reason broke through and put an end to that...you saw how Malcolm's face sort of fell when he heard Erik state the obvious.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Yeah, that was an awesome oppourtunity by Malcolm to take out anyone he wanted, but it was wasted on Phillip. Phillip was never going to win the game...he'd have been smarter to take out anyone BUT him and it would have impacted the alliance much more.
    Maybe they thought Philip was an easier sell. If they had said they were voting out someone else stronger, the reaction might have been no way; this way, they managed to get one person over to their plan, which may seem insignificant now, but it's the first crack in that alliance that they now need to exploit over the next three days.

...you saw how Malcolm's face sort of fell when he heard Erik state the obvious.
    Indeed, and the point could have easily been missed in the scramble to regroup.

vCash
    BEST. TC. EVER.

Philip was so gross washing himself and going naked in the pool when there were 4 other people also sharing it.

vCash
    I don't think it was such a bad move to eliminate Philip. Next week should be fun to see who of the Stealth Alliance will take over. That could cause a huge crack. They really all seem to be followers rather than leaders & Cochran is the only one with a real understanding of the game. Great episode!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Why isn't anyone targeting Cochran? Or maybe there are? They all like him, and he's not even trying to hide how much he knows about the game (not to mention they've all seen him play before), so surely they recognize that he could easily win this? And likely get the fan favourite as well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    And OMG BRENDA HAD A CONFESSIONAL THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It only took Dawn losing her teeth for Brenda to get some airtime.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Why isn't anyone targeting Cochran?
    Because he isn't an immunity challenge threat--even though he won one. Everyone regarded that as a funny fluke.

In some ways, Cochran is like the female players at this point, just standing by and letting the macho dudes take each other out.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I wonder how Cochran would do in one of the endurance type challenges that usually come near the end - the ones that are about will as much as strength. And didn't they used to do some quizzing way, way back? How much you knew about the location or the other players? And there are some challenges where figuring out the trick to it can make a huge difference - Penner was good at that, and I think JT as well IIRC.

If he makes it to final TC, he'll be able to out talk them all, even if he can't claim any huge strategic moves, and if he has one challenge win, at least he's not going in there completely lame, especially if the others don't have a lot either.

I want him to win

vCash
    I'd love to see Cochran win too. With sweet little Brenda as a runner up and Malcolm rounding out the top 3.

vCash
    I wonder how Cochran would do in one of the endurance type challenges that usually come near the end - the ones that are about will as much as strength. And didn't they used to do some quizzing way, way back? How much you knew about the location or the other players? And there are some challenges where figuring out the trick to it can make a huge difference - Penner was good at that, and I think JT as well IIRC.

If he makes it to final TC, he'll be able to out talk them all, even if he can't claim any huge strategic moves, and if he has one challenge win, at least he's not going in there completely lame, especially if the others don't have a lot either.

I want him to win
    He has a very good case to win... he has been letting others do the dirty work to this point, and now he has a chance to-- when the jury is being assembled -- to play his game. He has to get rid of the muscle to make this happen, and that shouldn't be too difficult at this point given that it is still 6-3. He would be silly to side with them because he has a better shot against the other players. He will handily defeat anybody in his alliance, so he just has to get rid of the beefcakes.

This was one of the most satisfying episodes in a long time. The drama-- whether you are for or against the power alliance-- was FANTASTIC! I love that Cochran said exactly what I was thinking. How exciting for 'one of us' to get to live this very interesting tribal council. I wish that Brenda were more of a factor-- she could have been so much more. All she would need to do is pull the beefcakes together, and then lead them to slaughter. It would be that easy for her.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

From the Bloc
    vCash
    But would it be smart to have some beefies with you at final TC? Because the rest of the crew left likes and respects Cochran, and are more likely to give him the win than the guys, no? And they don't think he's a threat if they value immunity prowess (and remember at this point in the chronology, Malcolm still thinks that if he had made final TC the first time, he would have won)?

Cochran would have to be tricky of course, and continue to get others to do his dirty work as you say he's been doing, so that no one realizes who he really wants sitting next to him. For that matter, if you were Cochran, who would you want sitting next to you?

Agree that it's huge fan to have an actual fan on the show, who's speaking our words and playing the way so many of us have said we would from our couches

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    I wish that Brenda were more of a factor-- she could have been so much more. All she would need to do is pull the beefcakes together, and then lead them to slaughter. It would be that easy for her.
    What do you have against beefcakes? Hopefully Reynolds and Eddie have seen Dawn's season, so they won't fall for the hot-chick-trick again . Admittedly it'll be hard for the three amigos to hang on as a group after this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Although, I would have liked Malcolm to play it differently to create even a bigger blindside than he did. Everyone knew he had that one Idol, but not the second. He should have waited until Jeff asked for any HII's, give up his, then go 'oh by the way Jeff, I have a second Idol and I'm giving it to Eddie', so they REALLY would not have seen it coming at all. Kinda killed the suspense once everyone knew all 3 of the outsiders were safe.
    I agree that Malcolm should have waited to reveal the other idol so the rest didn't have time to whisper among themselves.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast