Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm so in a fight with Dawn. She did make a better choice for her own game though. Corrine might have had better luck trying to flip Brenda. And speaking of Brenda, where has she been? She was a major strategic player in Nicaragua but seems non existent here.

Once Andrea approached Erik, I knew his deal with Malcolm was out the window. He never could resist trusting an angelic face.

And Philip survives another plot to overthrow him. Even though it was more the work of Dawn, Cochran, and Andrea to save him, I'm sure he'll be taking credit for eliminating Corrine.

Corrine was an interesting player to watch, so I'm sad to see her go. I have to say though, I hate when people use the terms "the gay" or "my gay" to describe someone. Even if it's out of love, Michael is not a pet.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Oh, Corrinne. You made your move one week too late. And why in the world did you target Sheri instead of using Michael's relationship with her to bring her to your side? Surely Reynold and Eddie could have put aside their differences with her to get the numbers.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Oh, Corrinne. You made your move one week too late. And why in the world did you target Sheri instead of using Michael's relationship with her to bring her to your side? Surely Reynold and Eddie could have put aside their differences with her to get the numbers.
    Then that would have made a voting block of seven with four fans as a possible core group who would get rid of the three favourites. If Corinne wanted a group of seven, it would have to be four favourite and only three fans. So Sherri was the odd man out. Well...in theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Once Andrea approached Erik, I knew his deal with Malcolm was out the window. He never could resist trusting an angelic face.
    Interesting thought. I wonder if Malcolm said to Erik something like, "do you think it might be a good idea to be in an alliance with four other guys this time around"?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    This was probably the best episode of the season. Eww...gross food challenge! It's been a long time since we've had one - but usually the food items are more varied. I think the producers found the single grossest item from every food challenge they've had and made them eat all of them. PML at the beginning when the cover on Erik's plate was moving Cochran's reaction was awesome.

Sighhhhhhh...Corinne She's not particularly likeable as a person (I hated her in Gabon) but she's been one of the bright spots to watch this season. But she committed the cardinal sin of overplaying. Phillip tells her to split the vote, which should have been a gift from the ceiling cat....if Phillip, Dawn, Cochran, Brenda and Sherri are splitting their votes, there is no need for a 7th person in the Corinne/Malcolm alliance. Just vote Phillip out!! Gota is still down to 4 players who don't all get along and aren't likely to reform their original tribe alliance. But nooooooooooo, Corinne had to argue with Phillip about the voting pattern AND the target. Then she had to pick the one person in her old alliance who has already proven to be Phillip's little tattle tale! And then of course, she utters the title of the episode - "Blindside Time", which took any suspense away from it. After her performance this episode, Corinne deserved to go

And I did like seeing the smirks wiped off of Reynold's and Malcolm's faces
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    This was probably the best episode of the season.
    Let's hope it's the beginning of something good, because until this episode, this season has been pretty .

But she committed the cardinal sin of overplaying.
    She didn't play this round well at all. But...

And I did like seeing the smirks wiped off of Reynold's and Malcolm's faces
    And hers! Loved it when Cochran said he was glad that Corinne was so open about being open to possibilities--she should have known then that her jig was up right then, but she wasn't paying attention. Too busy thinking about how clever she was.

Why on earth did she think Dawn would go along with her? What was supposed to be in it for Dawn?
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Why on earth did she think Dawn would go along with her? What was supposed to be in it for Dawn?
    That's what I don't get -- Dawn & Cochran are not exactly hiding the fact that they are a pair. I'd find it quite difficult to believe one of them would split from the other after seeing what that did for both of their games the last time they played. Dawn really stepped it up this week. I've read some people who are pissed and calling her a backstabber, but she seriously just saved her own ass by flipping things. It was almost a guarantee that she'd be gone within the next 2 or 3 tribal councils if she ended up on the bottom of the group.

All that said, I did feel a bit bad for Corinne. I didn't like her one bit in Gabon, but I liked her quite a bit this season. Maybe it was her constant snarky comments, particularly the ones against Phillip ("he's like 10 pounds of potatoes in a 5 pound sack" )

Interesting that the jury didn't start this week...

vCash
    Let's hope it's the beginning of something good, because until this episode, this season has been pretty .
    well, it's a low bar for sure So disappointing, since the previous Fans v Faves was such a blast.

And hers! Loved it when Cochran said he was glad that Corinne was so open about being open to possibilities--she should have known then that her jig was up right then, but she wasn't paying attention. Too busy thinking about how clever she was.
    She did exactly what Andrea did when it looked like she might get voted off in the first TC. I'm glad Andrea stayed, as I really like her, but the undercut of the smirk is always a good thing

I think Corinne did as much strategizing as most of the others in her original alliance - but sadly, the main strategy seems to be letting Phillip think he's running the show and hope to sit next to him at the end. They're all being very passive, which sucks for us. I understand that strategy for Cochran, who can't count on more eating challenges the way Reynold can probably expect at least one more immunity challenge involving throwing things, but for the whole group of them to let Phillip go on and on and on like he does is just tedious.

Oh, and somewhere is the occasional flash of Brenda reacting to something, I noticed she's got a knee brace. Poor Brenda - even her injuries are so boring we don't get to see them!
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Sighhhhhhh...Corinne She's not particularly likeable as a person (I hated her in Gabon) but she's been one of the bright spots to watch this season. But she committed the cardinal sin of overplaying. Phillip tells her to split the vote, which should have been a gift from the ceiling cat....if Phillip, Dawn, Cochran, Brenda and Sherri are splitting their votes, there is no need for a 7th person in the Corinne/Malcolm alliance. Just vote Phillip out!! Gota is still down to 4 players who don't all get along and aren't likely to reform their original tribe alliance. But nooooooooooo, Corinne had to argue with Phillip about the voting pattern AND the target.
    I hadn't thought of that. If the eight favourites voted four and four, Corinne, Malcolm, Eddie, Reynold and Michael would have had control with five votes. But with Phillip gone, those five would have been voting against a controlling group of six, no?

Good point. If you want somebody's vote, I think you need to say, "and what you get with this vote is..." They didn't show much of what Dawn would get out of this (other than being rid of Phillip, but he doesn't irk Dawn the way he does Corinne). If Dawn had gone with Corinne, Malcolm, Erik, Eddie, Reynold and Michael then it looks like she'd be the low man on the totem pole. Unless the uber-males started to want to take each other out and saw Dawn as someone beneficial to be sitting next to at the end...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I hadn't thought of that. If the eight favourites voted four and four, Corinne, Malcolm, Eddie, Reynold and Michael would have had control with five votes. But with Phillip gone, those five would have been voting against a controlling group of six, no?
    Had they voted out Phillip, the old alliances would have truly shifted and there would have been a couple of options. Andrea/Cochran/Dawn would be the obvious next targets, since they are the strategists. Brenda and Erik seem to vote however they're told, but would probably go with the dominant alliance, which at that point would be Corinne, Malcolm, R/E, Michael and Sherri (6 vs 5). We know that Malcolm wanted the Bro alliance, and if Corinne wised up to it before decimating the rest of the Favorites, she could get Brenda and Erik on board to go after them. Michael would be more true to Corinne than Reynold/Eddie, and Sherri can't stand R/E. It's not all a given, but Corinne was in a GREAT place, and she totally blew it! Sigh.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I couldn't watch the food challenge. Yuucckkkkk!! I just listened.

And was Cochran this funny on his original season? Because he has been cracking me up this time. So glad he got a win, and over Malcolm too! I love it when the outcasts beat the popular kids! I would love it for Cochran to win the whole thing.

I know it wouldn't be Phillip tonight, since next weeks TV Guide already had a picture of Phillip being part of next week's episode. I do find Phillip funny in a "my gawd he's freaking out of his mind" kind of way, but now he is beginning to grate on my nerves. Can he go next please!

vCash
    That food challenge, ugh. But I was glad Cochran won. He did a great job.

That duck embryo thing.... A friend of mine was in the Phillipines 5 or 6 years ago, and was served that. He told me he did not want to offend his hosts, and so he ate it very fast to get it over with. Well, they thought that meant he liked it, and they brought him another one!

vCash
    I used to love eating those duck eggs with the embryos. The egg should be hot though. Just the right amount of crunch. Yum.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    That's what I don't get -- Dawn & Cochran are not exactly hiding the fact that they are a pair.
    According to Corrine's interviews, she and Dawn were extremely close, did everything together, and confided in one another all the time. Corrine didn't know that Dawn and Cochran were as tight as they apparently are and thought that she and Dawn were the pair.

She also said that Dawn had constant meltdowns and was always nervous and tearful about her game.

Oh, and somewhere is the occasional flash of Brenda reacting to something, I noticed she's got a knee brace. Poor Brenda - even her injuries are so boring we don't get to see them!
    Corrine said it's not that they aren't showing Brenda talking, but that Brenda really DIDN'T talk at all; Corrine thought Brenda was really missing her boyfriend and was kind of disengaged from the game. Sherri, OTOH, apparently never shut up.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I used to love eating those duck eggs with the embryos. The egg should be hot though. Just the right amount of crunch. Yum.

ETA: The duck egg embryo should have been a cinch to eat after the two disgusting worm dishes prior. I can't believe Eddie couldn't swallow it. I think Cochran secret was that he barely chewed; He just swallowed the whole thing.

vCash
    That would be my tactic as well if I ever found myself in that situation, lol. If the food was still alive I'd bite off the head or chew it enough to make sure it was dead, but other than that, straight down the hatch. The less it is on my taste buds, the better. Nobody cares once its in your stomach.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    ETA: The duck egg embryo should have been a cinch to eat after the two disgusting worm dishes prior. .
    dear god, i had a sip of someone's herbalife smoothie yesterday and i felt ill all night. it reminded me of dupont made cake mix in a blender. those survivor "food" challenges would have me quitting on the spot.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Only in Survivor would you hear "Brenda's head has been submerged in water and she hasn't moved in hours" used as a positive. I was a little worried when somebody went to poke her at the end of the challenge she would float away.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Interesting play by Malcolm. Did he really think/know he was possibly on the chopping block? Also interesting that Reynold trusted him enough to cough up the idol, especially after how important it has been to him.

Will they reintroduce the idol again, or is it now history? I hope it's history.

Oh, and so much for the on-island "romance". Eddie threw Andrea under the bus. Hope she figures that out pretty quickly.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    That was a fun episode--lots of plotting and scheming and switching around and unexpected twists and turns, marred only by Phillip being allowed to talk at TC. Blah blah Stealth R Us blah blah Boston Rob blah blah.

PML at Reynold ONCE AGAIN being completely clueless at Tribal Council; I am starting to kind of like him because he keeps trusting people in spite of everything, and there's something kind of endearing about that. Kind of. Malcolm is thinking on his feet, but he's screwed six ways to Sunday.

Eddie makes me think of a Julie Brown song

I can't believe Brenda won immunity and still didn't say a single word all episode (unless I missed it at the beginning).

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast