Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    When he held up the card with the vote for Cochran, he said that he had thought at the start of the Tribal Council that he'd be voting for someone else. And if obviously wasn't Sherri.
    D'oh. I thought that was Eddie, not Malcolm, since they cut right to Eddie putting his vote in the urn.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    D'oh. I thought that was Eddie, not Malcolm, since they cut right to Eddie putting his vote in the urn.
    I thought it was Eddie too... and Eddie could be that clueless to vote Sherri LOL.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    In Malcolm's TC statement, he told Dawn she would have his vote as long as she presented herself well, owned up to her strategy and didn't use the adopted 6 kids as a reason to vote for her.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Looking back at that shot of the non-Jury members in the audience, I realized that other than Shemar (because of his drama) and Corrine (because I knew her from the past), I have no memory of who those other players even are, what their names are, or even their vote outs. So I guess it wasn't that big a deal anyway. But still, just having to be all icky in the jungle should warrant you at least a seat on the stage.

vCash
    Regarding next season:

Spoiler

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    bleah
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I may be over this show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I may be over this show.
    I think the producers are too.

vCash
    I can't wait for Survivor: Hodgepodge, where they just throw every twist they've ever used into one season.

(And I would totally watch it.)

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    (And I would totally watch it.)
    After you posted how you were simply DONE with this show?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    How come they never bring back the phantom tribe twist? *stomps foot*

(ok, I know I was possibly the only person in the entire universe who kinda liked that twist....but come on, admit that it was better than either Exile or Redemption Island!!)
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Phantom tribe??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Phantom tribe??
    Outcasts from Pearl Islands

vCash
    The only twist I have remotely liked is from Cook Islands when they did the Mutiny. And the only reason I like it is cause what happened with Yul & Ozzy taking their little tribe all the way to the end. The rest of the twists Probst and company have come up with are pretty bad and not really added anything to the game.

Not sure if I'll tune into Season 27 yet or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Outcasts from Pearl Islands
    thank you, I was having a moment and couldn't remember what they were called

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Oh that. I'm not big on players (Survivor or BB) coming back into the game in any form, inc RI, ghost tribes, audience votes, you name it.
    Last edited by Jenny; 05-22-2013 at 09:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    How come they never bring back the phantom tribe twist? *stomps foot*

(ok, I know I was possibly the only person in the entire universe who kinda liked that twist....but come on, admit that it was better than either Exile or Redemption Island!!)
    I actually kind of liked it too - I do generally agree with Jenny that I don't like the concept of players coming back in the game, but the outcasts twist surprisingly turned out rather well IMO. Maybe it couldn't be repeated in that manner, but it was very interesting the way the players who came back into the game were able to worm their way into alliances and make it quite a bit further in the game. I also liked that it wasn't an automatic re-entry - the outcast tribe had to actually beat the other tribes to be able to vote anyone back in. The rest of the season played out with a lot of twists and turns and changes of power.

Redemption Island, OTOH, was just completely pointless. Both people who re-entered the game were immediately voted off again afterward and so I'm not sure why they would think this was a twist worth repeating.

I think that some other twists have worked well - tribal shakeups/switches are old hat now, but a massive shocker when first introduced in Season 3 and there are still many times when the tribal swap contributes to alliances changing and re-forming. The HII is also pretty old by now and while there are some seasons where it has no impact, some of the best tribal councils have come as a result of the HIIs, so I would say that on the whole, it has been a successful twist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Redemption Island, OTOH, was just completely pointless. Both people who re-entered the game were immediately voted off again afterward and so I'm not sure why they would think this was a twist worth repeating.
    It's used as a safety net for when the producer's favorites are voted out. It also completely hogs up a massive amount of airtime, and also eliminates all reward challenges -- boo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    It's used as a safety net for when the producer's favorites are voted out. It also completely hogs up a massive amount of airtime, and also eliminates all reward challenges -- boo.
    I'm re-watching a couple of the early seasons on DVD... the old school reward challenges were great. I miss the old Survivor.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I don't remember what the phantom tribe twist was at all.

I like the HII's (as long as the person keeps their mouth shut about having it!!) but they need to work a LOT harder at hiding them! Unless its all in the editing, it seems all someone has to do is spend a day looking in tree trunks and under rocks and "poof" oh look I found an Idol! I think it was the early days of the Idol or something, but remember that girl on Redemption Island (I think) and she literally dug a trench from the tree line to the ocean trying to find that thing? They need to make them win clues to find the HII's or something but at least make them difficult to find.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast