Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    wow, now there's an interview with Erik, and he is both super pissed about the finale and majorly bittercakes about the show.
    So what's his problem? Editing? Having to leave the show? Or just upset he didn't get to the end and pointing his blame at Sherri instead of himself?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I think all three.

He said by not finishing, he didn't get to show everyone (the other players) his amazing strategy he'd been working, and on tv it looked like he wasn't really doing anything. When asked about how he went after Sherri, he admitted that calling her a seashell was harsh, but felt she needed to know that she had been completely worthless in the game. He did not elaborate on exactly why she "needed" to know this.

He was also asked if he would play again (I think in an "I take it you're done with the show" kind of way) and he said he would definitely play again, but expects that he won't get asked, because he doesn't fit the type of player the show is now looking for. He's got a point, but......bittercakes! (also, the fact that he just very publicly attacked the reunion could inform the producers' disinclination to invite him back...just sayin')
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Then Erik shouldn't have left the game, he should have instisted he can continue. He shouldn't be bitter about a choice he made.

vCash
    the doctor did not give him any choice. we all heard that quite clearly on the show.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Maybe he's mad because he thinks Sherri stole his game.

vCash
    ^ at least he didn't hand it to her like last time.

Here's an annoyingly short interview with Probst in which he comes across as a completely-out-of-touch-with-the-audience producer/idiot sales minion about the reunion. Warning: looks like having the non-jury members out of the picture will stay.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/14/su...inale-reunion/

vCash
    So sad for all those Super Stars left out of the reunion telecast. Poor Eric. Such a superb player & we still don't know what his winning strategy would have been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Funny, since Probst was the one egging him on, what with the S1 clip of suntan lotion and Hatch's video.
    Jeff seemed to be trying to keep him from talking at the end.

And at the pre jury photo - no way are they putting on the 'CBS game face' for that shot.

I see Erik's point in his post show comments (over on ew.com) - they spent time with Rudy, Hatch, Boston Rob (AGAIN) and braces girl, but we don't find out that he had an infected cut on his leg when he was pulled? I was happy to not hear from a lot of the post jury boots (like Shemar), but a question to #5 would have been nice.

vCash
    Sherrie seemed so smug to me in her refusal to accept that she was basically a placeholder in the final three that I didn't mind the venom spewed at her. I just thought the guys were trying to wake her up and make her see that she'd been used. I thought her shouting "Sit down!" was just rude. I didn't care for the Boston Rob, Rudi and Fangirl pieces - they wasted time that could have been spent in discussions with the cast but I honestly didn't notice the lack of the non-jury members, simply because I didn't think any of them were all that memorable as characters in the first place.

I'm happy that Cochran won and happy that Malcolm won the fan favorite. One was super smart and played the game with strategy and without being obnoxious about it - and the other one was eye candy.
    "You just can't underestimate the power of positive underwear." 2013 Fruit of the Loom ad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Jeff seemed to be trying to keep him from talking at the end.
    Yes, but Rudy was just playing the role CBS gave him - the "lovable Archie Bunker" (not my opinion of him, in case anyone thinks that's even a possibility). There was absolutely zero chance he wasn't going to go there after the set up they gave him, so Jeff has himself, as an exec producer, to blame.

What I do find interesting about trotting Rudy and his queer-baiting out is just how much society has changed in the 13 years since S1. Quite frankly, Rudy's commentary in S1 reflected the opinion of a lot of people at that time, and in some ways, his friendship/alliance with Richard was somewhat representative of a turning of the tide, societally. Now? No way someone playing Survivor today would get away with the language he used then. We've moved on, thankfully. but in some ways I can't blame Rudy for playing the role he was given, just as Erik will always be an ice cream scooper even though he hasn't held that job in years. In fact, he didn't look comfortable saying it. but that's what he's known for, and that's the only reason he was given valuable airtime that should have gone to one of the current players.

vCash
    Sherri had a good game going pre-merge, she had control of her tribe, but once the merge happened she did squat. Unfortunately for her, the end game far outweighs the early game. I do have to say that she did a good job of making sure she was around for the merge, because she easily could have been booted before then.

vCash
    I have to say that I didn't really care for Sherri at all heading into the final episode, but I think they were overly harsh with her. Imagine that Cochran took Eddie to the finals. Now, you know Eddie would have gotten a few (maybe even enough to win?) votes, and really-- what did he do? Sherri was in control of the very tribe that Eddie was on until the merge. If I were Sherri (or anyone in the final remarks) I would have brought that up in the same way that it was brought up that Dawn and Cochran played a similar game yet Cochran wasn't getting any of the slack for it.

Also annoyed with the reunion. They barely talked to anyone. Sherri was such an afterthought for being in the finals. She really must have been hated by everyone! I thought she looked very pretty, though. I guess that's something

vCash
    I don't think I ever quite realized until this episode how much self-awareness and respect for the jury matters at a Final Tribal Council.

Sherri, supposedly an uber-fan, might have been able to get someone's vote if she had (1) come up with a plausible argument why she was anything other than a goat that everyone else wanted to take to the Final and (2) hadn't yelled at Erik. Of course, she wasn't at that point going to get Erik's vote, but there were six other jurors there. Did she really think being rude to him was going to impress the other jurors?

Dawn, also an uber-fan and a previous player, came up with a couple of preposterous lies, namely (1) that the only reason why she was crying so much was that it was difficult for her to vote people she liked off and (2) she was lying to Brenda when she said she'd quit if Brenda didn't find her retainer. The video footage of her confessionals and of the retainer incident clearly shows otherwise. Did she really think that anyone who heard those wails when she was calling Brenda to come help her find her retainer would believe that she was in deep gameplay more? If she had been more forthcoming with the truth, she might have picked up at least one vote -- Malcolm's -- and possibly one or two more (Andrea's, for example).

Cochran, by contrast, managed to be both self-deprecating and respectful. I can see why he managed to swing Malcolm's vote.

vCash
    I agree that Sherri deserves way more credit than the jury gave her. If I were Sherri I would definitely point out her dominance in the fan's tribe before merge, and how she is after all on a losing team yet incorporated herself onto Stealth R Us to save her butt. There was no way Sherri could have call any shots on Stealth R Us so she did play the game with the cards that were dealt to her. Of course as a viewer who had no stakes in the game, I was so happy Sherri told off Erik and tell him to sit down. That was very satisfying for me!!

As for the Dawn-Brenda situation, I wish Brenda didn't follow through with her demand of asking Dawn to remove her teeth because it was uncomfortable to watch. Instead Brenda could just call out Dawn being a liar instead.

vCash
    I don't think there is anything Sherri could have done in Final TC to get a single vote from anyone.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Who gets second place when the final vote is a landslide? Do they split the $100K?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Who gets second place when the final vote is a landslide? Do they split the $100K?
    I read in a recent interview with Dawn that Sherri and she split the combined money for second ($100,000) and third place ($85,000), so they each got $92,500. Dawn cost herself $7,500 by not being able to keep Malcolm's vote.

vCash
    Its official, Season 27 Blood vs Water will be returnees versus their families.

From E Online:

Finally, the CBS boss talked about a new twist coming to Survivor when it premieres in the fall. Survivor: Blood vs. Water will feature "the return of great characters and their relatives," Tassler divulged.

Do we still need to spoil tag the returnee/relative list!?!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Dawn cost herself $7,500 by not being able to keep Malcolm's vote.
    Did she have Malcolm's vote at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Do we still need to spoil tag the returnee/relative list!?!
    Not if it's been officially announced.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Did she have Malcolm's vote at some point?
    When he held up the card with the vote for Cochran, he said that he had thought at the start of the Tribal Council that he'd be voting for someone else. And if obviously wasn't Sherri.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast