Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 522
  1. #361
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    c'est genifique!
    Posts
    29,967
    vCash
    325
    Rep Power
    36573
    BTW, I looooove Sandra and think she is truly the greatest player of Survivor. Two games, two wins, done. Probst can keep shoving Mariano down our throats but it ain't going to make him the best player

    Best moment of Sandra's 2nd season - her voting out Rupert and saying that he would still vote for her in the end - which he did. Love her.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

  2. #362

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    7,155
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    44806
    LOVE her too. Favorite of all time!

  3. #363

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Skating in a Canadian beautiful way
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,753
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    13973
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    BTW, I looooove Sandra and think she is truly the greatest player of Survivor. Two games, two wins, done. Probst can keep shoving Mariano down our throats but it ain't going to make him the best player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    LOVE her too. Favorite of all time!
    Yup, me too! Best ever.

  4. #364
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Havering-atte-Bower
    Posts
    3,483
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Best moment of Sandra's 2nd season - her voting out Rupert and saying that he would still vote for her in the end - which he did. Love her.
    My favorite moment of that season was when she told Russell to be quiet because she was talking to Candice, and then she turned to Candice and said, "Candice, tell me what you want."

  5. #365
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Watching some crackling good television
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,514
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Two games, two wins, done. Probst can keep shoving Mariano down our throats but it ain't going to make him the best player
    Very true, as far as I'm concerned, Sandra is the best player the game has ever had. Only playing twice and winning both times -- the seasons that Rob and Parvati won were seasons with mixed returnees/newbies. Sandra's second win was against a full-fledged cast of people that were highly experienced in the game (not to mention Rob and Parvati were in included in that mix), so I find that win much more impressive.

  6. #366

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    7,155
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    44806
    And in her first season she said about Johnny Fairplay: The guy's an ass.
    I still say that...in Sandra's voice.

  7. #367
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Watching some crackling good television
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,514
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    And in her first season she said about Johnny Fairplay: The guy's an ass.
    I still say that...in Sandra's voice.
    "I can get loud too, what the *beep*!!!"

  8. #368
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    c'est genifique!
    Posts
    29,967
    vCash
    325
    Rep Power
    36573
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Very true, as far as I'm concerned, Sandra is the best player the game has ever had. Only playing twice and winning both times -- the seasons that Rob and Parvati won were seasons with mixed returnees/newbies.
    Parvati's win was epic and included lots of strategic players - not to mention the first all female alliance that worked. Rob was handed a cast full of starstruck dumbasses who couldn't strategize their way out of a paper bag to ensure that he'd win after 3 failures. Which is too bad, because he's definitely one of the best competitors of the game, but the season he won was beneath his ability.

    ETA: I just went and rewatched many of the TC from Heroes v Villains. That was SUCH an amazing season!! Hantz giving Parvati his idol....Parvati giving Sandra and Jerri her two idols.......awesomeness!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

  9. #369
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    At the Christmas Bizarre
    Posts
    38,154
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    46687
    Dawn has deleted her Twitter and Facebook accounts because of all the negativity. Current and former cast members are engaged in a social media war over whether Dawn was playing a game or betraying a friend. Brenda says she forgives Dawn but will never speak to her again. And Brandon has been banned from the Survivor reunion show.

    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

  10. #370
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southern CA
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,512
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Jeez, what are these people thinking??? They PLAYED the game before, so the concept of betrayal, blindsides etc. is not a mystery. Get over the hurt feelings, you got beat Brenda.

    And how come Dawn is getting blistered? She blindsided a player who was going to beat her. Why is that not respected instead of vilified??

  11. #371

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Close to Normal, IL
    Posts
    1,715
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Especially since

    Spoiler

    , why is everyone being so harsh on her? It's a MOVE. In a GAME. I know Brenda helped out Dawn a lot in the game personally, but that means nothing in the context of how the game is actually played. I realize that Brenda is judging Dawn on how that act was person-to-person, but she KNOWS that Dawn would never have done something to hurt her outside the game, right? It was a GAME MOVE. Not personal, not vicious. It's not like she defamed her family and spit in her face.

    I'm disappointed that Brenda apparently can't separate the game from real life.

  12. #372
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Havering-atte-Bower
    Posts
    3,483
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    dow
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Jeez, what are these people thinking??? They PLAYED the game before, so the concept of betrayal, blindsides etc. is not a mystery. Get over the hurt feelings, you got beat Brenda.

    And how come Dawn is getting blistered? She blindsided a player who was going to beat her. Why is that not respected instead of vilified??
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Especially since

    Spoiler

    , why is everyone being so harsh on her? It's a MOVE. In a GAME. I know Brenda helped out Dawn a lot in the game personally, but that means nothing in the context of how the game is actually played. I realize that Brenda is judging Dawn on how that act was person-to-person, but she KNOWS that Dawn would never have done something to hurt her outside the game, right? It was a GAME MOVE. Not personal, not vicious. It's not like she defamed her family and spit in her face.

    I'm disappointed that Brenda apparently can't separate the game from real life.
    It's a "game" in which people live together 24/7 for up to 39 days at a time, you have to play with other people's minds to succeed, and it's shown on television. Contestants come out of the game all the time not speaking with each other for any number of reasons. There is nothing requiring Brenda to have Dawn be her Best Friend Forever. At least she forgives her and, judging by the Ponderosa video, did as soon as it happened.

    Conversely, it was Dawn's choice to put a chance at a million dollars over her friendship with Brenda and over any possible public outcry. She has played the game before, and she had publicly available Facebook and Twitter accounts even though it must have crossed her mind that some people might have a problem with what she did. I certainly don't think that the things that sk8r1964 mentioned were posted on those accounts were the least bit appropriate, but if Dawn should have foreseen them. And there is nothing that requires us, the viewers, to like the way Dawn played the game. My recollection is that a similar betrayal by Dreamz during the Fiji season, for example, drew a similarly hostile response.

    And, let's look at this in the context of the game. I haven't read any spoilers, but does anyone familiar with Survivor really think that Dawn made a game-winning move? I doubt it's gone down well with any of the jurors. Usually, any betrayal of this order of magnitude dooms the backstabber, even if he or she advances to the Final.

  13. #373
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In little Yuna's Corner
    Posts
    773
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Especially since

    Spoiler

    , why is everyone being so harsh on her? It's a MOVE. In a GAME. I know Brenda helped out Dawn a lot in the game personally, but that means nothing in the context of how the game is actually played. I realize that Brenda is judging Dawn on how that act was person-to-person, but she KNOWS that Dawn would never have done something to hurt her outside the game, right? It was a GAME MOVE. Not personal, not vicious. It's not like she defamed her family and spit in her face.

    I'm disappointed that Brenda apparently can't separate the game from real life.
    Eh. It would have been better if Dawn made that move because of her own strategic reason. I would have appreciate that move. But it was Coachran who manipulated her and played her like a fiddle. So, instead we have Dawn who was fragile and cried a lot, acted like a good person and then she expect those trolls to love her?

  14. #374
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,332
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think in this case Dawn crossed the line. Dawn has every right to vote off Brenda because she wants the million dollars. However the very real personal relationship Dawn developed with Brenda, choosing her as a pillar of strength during her moment of despair and even said during a confessional that she would never turn her back on Brenda, she chose the million dollars. Which is totally fine but she should be ready for the backlash.

    As Brenda said during her exit interview, what hurt the most after watching the episode was how quickly Dawn was on board to voting her off after Cochran suggested it to her. Dawn's hesitation wasn't her close relationship with Brenda but rather should she listen to Cochran. Had Dawn shown during the episode that she struggled with the thought of voting Brenda off and maybe turn on her trademark waterworks maybe she wouldn't get so much backlashes.

  15. #375
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Watching some crackling good television
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,514
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    As Brenda said during her exit interview, what hurt the most after watching the episode was how quickly Dawn was on board to voting her off after Cochran suggested it to her. Dawn's hesitation wasn't her close relationship with Brenda but rather should she listen to Cochran. Had Dawn shown during the episode that she struggled with the thought of voting Brenda off and maybe turn on her trademark waterworks maybe she wouldn't get so much backlashes.
    Perhaps she did and the editors decided to not show it. The only have 42 minutes to work in 72 hours of footage. A LOT of things have to get cut.

    I don't remember this type of negativity when Rob betrayed Lex in All Stars, or when Rob did pretty much the exact same thing to Grant in Redemption Island. As far as I can remember, he wasn't bashed to the degree that Dawn is being now. The difference is that Dawn is a much more emotional player and most viewers don't like her, so when she makes a move that they don't like, she's slaughtered to pieces. I hope she is dealing with everything okay, she's been cyber-bullied very badly. The comments and threats that have been on twitter have been completely disgusting.

  16. #376
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,332
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah I do agree the name callings on the social media are vile and uncalled for. I think one of the reason Dawn is getting so much hate is that she is very cutthroat but she believes she's the victim and acts like one.

  17. #377
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Havering-atte-Bower
    Posts
    3,483
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Perhaps she did and the editors decided to not show it. The only have 42 minutes to work in 72 hours of footage. A LOT of things have to get cut.

    I don't remember this type of negativity when Rob betrayed Lex in All Stars, or when Rob did pretty much the exact same thing to Grant in Redemption Island. As far as I can remember, he wasn't bashed to the degree that Dawn is being now. The difference is that Dawn is a much more emotional player and most viewers don't like her, so when she makes a move that they don't like, she's slaughtered to pieces. I hope she is dealing with everything okay, she's been cyber-bullied very badly. The comments and threats that have been on twitter have been completely disgusting.
    Was Twitter even around during All Stars? And, to best of my recollection, there was never a point in that season when Lex asked Rob to do something for him and threatened to quit the game then and there if Rob didn't do what was asked.

    Regardless, Rob left many viewers with a bad taste in their mouths after he gleefully backstabbed so many allies.

    ETA: IIRC, Rob did ask Lex to protect Amber and promised to do look after him if he did. That's not the same kind of leverage that Dawn was using.
    Last edited by Vagabond; 05-11-2013 at 03:48 PM.

  18. #378
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,802
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11008
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    Eh. It would have been better if Dawn made that move because of her own strategic reason. I would have appreciate that move. But it was Coachran who manipulated her and played her like a fiddle. So, instead we have Dawn who was fragile and cried a lot, acted like a good person and then she expect those trolls to love her?
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Yeah I do agree the name callings on the social media are vile and uncalled for. I think one of the reason Dawn is getting so much hate is that she is very cutthroat but she believes she's the victim and acts like one.
    Agreed with both! My opinion about Dawn would be totally different if she had some hardcore confessionals where she said her entire emotional thing was an act to get people to trust her so she could lull them into security and cut their heads off. That would be rather I like a lot of players who were known for turning on people, like Boston Rob and BB Dan Gheesling. They were always upfront (with the audience at least) about their strategy. Dawn has no strategy, she's just constantly hemming and hawing about every decision crying and being emotional about not playing Cochran's game while she's exactly playing Cochran's game. That tooth thing with Brenda made her look insane (now we know why they showed it), but I've no doubt that her feelings were genuine. She later seemed very angry at Brenda for not taking the reward, but Brenda was suffering too. And Dawn let something slip... she wasn't just upset about losing the food and the loved ones, she said Brenda also got the goodwill of the others, while she got nothing. She was being a selfish, entitled, whiny, brat. Guess what Dawn, you didn't win the challenge, so you actually weren't entitled to any of the food, your husband, or the goodwill, and you were going to tag along with Brenda and let four other people be miserable and they probably would've handled it more maturely.

    I knew that Brenda would be voted off before f3 the second she gave away the prize. Once they got back to camp and Cochran brought it up, I was like "damn, but he's right though." Then when she didn't fight that hard for immunity, her fate was sealed. I had no problem with Cochran doing it because it was a defined strategic game move. Dawn's decision to do it really rubbed me the wrong way because of her telling Brenda how thankful she was for the tooth thing, and begging Brenda for immunity (which really came off as "pleeeease I'm entitled because I haven't won and you made me lose the reward boo hoo hoo" not "I'm going to strategically get you to jump so I can vote you out").

    There are strategic women players like Sandra and Parvati, and annoying emotional players who are male (Lex) so I'm not saying it's a male/female thing.

    I have no problem with Brenda's reaction so far. She was hurt, not angry. She didn't direct her feelings outward, she said "I" was genuine with you guys, "I" feel hurt. She didn't say "you" did something wrong, at least not on the show. She was very cool in the exit interview I saw on youtube, she actually said this was a much better experience of Survivor, she learned so much, got closer to God, etc but again stated that being voted off hurt. (If there are objectionable comments from other interviews I'm curious to see them). This is different from Lex, who took on an "OMG how dare you vote me out!!!!" attitude - which is where I say "dude, it's a game and you got played." If Brenda is telling me she feels hurt I wouldn't say don't feel hurt because it's a game (especially a game that toys with players emotionally that way). She's entitled to her feelings, but not to lash out in anger (IMO). I don't think she does the social media thing, that's mostly the others, especially Russell calling Dawn a horrible person (hah!). Cochran tweeted a meek defense of Dawn, saying that maybe people should channel their energy on supporting Brenda instead of bashing Dawn (I suspect many dislike Dawn independent of their feelings for Brenda though).

    And there is no reason that Brenda needs to be friends with anyone after the game. I don't think she's saying Dawn is an evil person not entitled to human companionship - just that she doesn't particularly want to be friends with her, and I respect that.

  19. #379

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    7,155
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    44806
    All I know is I'm glad I'm not Dawn's therapist.

  20. #380
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Havering-atte-Bower
    Posts
    3,483
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    All I know is I'm glad I'm not Dawn's therapist.
    I would love to be Dawn's therapist.




Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •