Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I agree that Malcolm should have waited to reveal the other idol so the rest didn't have time to whisper among themselves.
    I get the impression that it's Jeff who decides when it's time to vote, so Malcolm had no control over how much time there would have been, unless you mean he should have not said anything, but just played it after the vote.

I do think they wanted to create chaos and have the bigger alliance scramble and turn on each other. Otherwise, they could have easily kept the second idol hidden and let everyone vote as planned, knowing their votes would result in Philip leaving. It seems they wanted more, and they got it - before Philip said let's stick to the plan and Eric pointed out that they might not play all the idols, Andrea's name was being thrown around, and further, internal dealing was suddenly out in the open for all to see who was talking/listening to who and what names were going round.

Now, with that alliance down a member and Andrea potentially knowing that she's on the bottom of that totem pole, they have a good chance of recruiting her to their side, and exploiting other cracks in that alliance.

Long term planning is good in Survivor, but a lot of times all you really need to do is buy yourself another three days - the three of them did that, and got a head start and changing the landscape in advance of the next TC.

vCash
    That would be the obvious thing to do, but I really think Malcolm was trying to hang onto one or both of his idols by causing confusion and getting the majority aliance to vote out Phillip (or another one of their own) on their own. It nearly worked too, but Erik's voice of reason prevailed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    , but Erik's voice of reason prevailed.
    ROFLMAO!! Great episode. Cochrane for the win! I think he is under the radar, the strong guys and Andrea seems to be on everyones mind. If he plays it right, he could make it to the end. But I did appreciate Malcolm this episode, yes he could of done things a bit differently, but he was playing the game, moving pieces on the chessboard, which I really like, no emotional stuff. Please more Brenda. Hard to believe this is the same person as last time she played.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I get the impression that it's Jeff who decides when it's time to vote, so Malcolm had no control over how much time there would have been, unless you mean he should have not said anything, but just played it after the vote.

I do think they wanted to create chaos and have the bigger alliance scramble and turn on each other. Otherwise, they could have easily kept the second idol hidden and let everyone vote as planned, knowing their votes would result in Philip leaving. It seems they wanted more, and they got it - before Philip said let's stick to the plan and Eric pointed out that they might not play all the idols, Andrea's name was being thrown around, and further, internal dealing was suddenly out in the open for all to see who was talking/listening to who and what names were going round.

Now, with that alliance down a member and Andrea potentially knowing that she's on the bottom of that totem pole, they have a good chance of recruiting her to their side, and exploiting other cracks in that alliance.

Long term planning is good in Survivor, but a lot of times all you really need to do is buy yourself another three days - the three of them did that, and got a head start and changing the landscape in advance of the next TC.
    Yeah, I thought Malcolm should have waited until the after the vote when Jeff asks if anyone has the HII....then give him his and give the other one away. I think by giving early he gave the others a chance plan, even though it was fast and quiet. Anyone who would have given their vote to 'fill-up' would have already voted for him anyway.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    What I found interesting is when Dawn had her meltdown, and let out that almost death scream and cried "help me help me", Brenda was the only person who came running! No one else came to see what was happening! Do I remember that right?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    What I found interesting is when Dawn had her meltdown, and let out that almost death scream and cried "help me help me", Brenda was the only person who came running! No one else came to see what was happening! Do I remember that right?!
    Dawn yelled for Brenda specifically. But yes, I thought it was weird that no one else jumped up to help as well.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Didn't I hear that she's had quite a few meltdowns this season? Perhaps everyone figured that Brenda was dealing with it this time?

vCash
    Brenda was awesome.

vCash
    I think Malcolm did a good job revealing the plan when he did. We saw who everyone was gunning for (Brenda surprisingly strong toward Andrea) and where the 3 amigos could infiltrate. Also I think his speech about how this game is supposed to be fun, not militaristic is exactly the thing Erik would play into (although I don't believe Malcolm believes that himself).

The whole Dawn teeth thing, while ridiculous, did reveal Brenda's tightness with Dawn. I think she's sticking with the Dawn/Cochran alliance no matter what.

As much as I hated Phillip he did seem to be the glue holding things in that alliance together. Andrea was maneuvering Phillip around to achieve her plans, but with him gone she's left without a shield and clearly people are already paranoid she's playing both sides. Also Sherri seemed to be linked primarily through Phillip (her new Shamar). Has anyone else in the alliance even talked to her?

I can't wait until next week to see how things fall out. And no Phillip

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    But Sheri is the perfect goat. It seems no one likes her at this point in the game.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Brenda was awesome.
    That whole bit was wild. Brenda trots over to Dawn, calm cool and collected. Dawn points to where she lost her teeth, Brenda looks....dives once...here's your teeth, Dawn. Awesome indeed!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I've got some speculation about the whole Brenda/Dawn thing that I'm going to put in spoilers because it does involve some spoilers/speculation that I read on Sucks. Read at your own risk! Final Tribal Counsel spoilers/speculation below.

Spoiler

Anyway, just a bit of speculation from me with some spoilers thrown in. I was kind of meh on this season at first but it's shaping up to be quite good in the back half!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    And OMG BRENDA HAD A CONFESSIONAL THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It was an outtake from her original season.

vCash
    So I realized that I'd never seen Survivor South Pacific, so I looked it up and watched it. What an absolute DRAG of a season and a nearly completely odious group of people. *shudder* That's one of the least enjoyable seasons I've ever seen, lol! Not even Cochran could save that; he was such a buffoon back then; I mean, it wasn't like he had any smart people to align with. I LIKE Coach and Ozzy but even they had their moments where they completely irritated me. Ugh. What a lame season. I think I need to watch some Heroes Vs. Villains or Cook Islands to wash the memory from my brain. :p

vCash
    Spareoom,

What site were you able to watch the older seasons on? There are a few seasons I missed and would like to watch.

As for this season, I am enjoying it more since the focus has shifted away from just a few people.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyM76 View Post
    Spareoom,

What site were you able to watch the older seasons on? There are a few seasons I missed and would like to watch.

As for this season, I am enjoying it more since the focus has shifted away from just a few people.....
    http://www.tvmuse.eu/ is a pretty good resource.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Interesting episode....

So who is really in charge???
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    Interesting episode....

So who is really in charge???
    So true. Cochrane for the win!!!! Not only is he strategic, he can say he won 2 individual immunities, and from a social perspective, it seems like people like him. Wow - Brenda is on the show this season afterall. I wonder though if it is her identical twin sister, as she looks the same, but seems to be a totally different person. I know she was injured, too bad they did not show or reference that so we can understand more about her behavior in this episode. We know Dawn has been crying a lot, so we have a sense of her feelings, but Brenda????
    I love Malcolm - but that was a great move to get a strong player out. This is turning out to be a very enjoyable season, and if Cochrane wins, it will one of my favs evah!

vCash
    I would have bet money that somebody would have flipped. With Malcolm gone, that puts the two amigos on their heels and severly hurts their chances.

And boy, Cochrane is having a heck of a season. FTW!!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I never even commented on last week's ep - that was pretty rad I think it was smart for the 3 amigos to target Phillip, just because he was the glue keeping StealthrUs together, even if he wasn't ever going to win. But everyone else was rallied around sticking with the alliance, and specifically with him, because he was such a willing public frontman and no way in hell was he ever going to get a single vote at the end Without him as the common front man, all the little substrategies can come to the fore.

Now for tonight: man, Eddie really does have a head full of rocks, doesn't he? I mean, Malcolm may be feeling a fool for blowing his cash on the clue that he couldn't solve, but at least he got something useful. It seemed unwise of Reynold to spend any of his money on food, but what was done was done - but Eddie? We didn't see him purchase anything, why didn't he just spend the full $500 on the challenge help right off the bat?!? Aaargh, part of me thinks we just didn't see him bid earlier (has happened before)...but I also find it totally believable that he's that dumb.

Good job Dawn for hanging in there as the last female in the challenge. Actually, all of the women left are pretty strong, in different ways. And yay to Cochran!

Sherri seems to be playing just to get to the final as a goat. I mean, I get it, there's a lot more $$ paid to finalists than to the 6th place finisher, but she had every reason to jump tonight. Erik would be in a tougher spot - he's been the out of synch vote, and has changed sides too many times, I don't think anyone can trust that he's on their side.

I admit I kinda wanted Andrea to get the boot, because she's wiley and ultimately a threat to Cochran...but the 3 way tie was brilliant, since it took two of the three minority votes out. Kinda anti-climactic though

I wonder how hard it was for Phillip to keep quiet during TC
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast