Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I wonder what would happen if someone was out searching and happened to stumble up on the place where Malcolm (or anyone who re-hides it) buried it. I so want that to happen some day just so we can see what would happen.
    Jeff was asked about this last season and said that if the idol is among your possessions, it's yours and no one can take it, but if you hide it in the woods and someone finds it, it's theirs.

I got all excited thinking that it had actually happened, but alas.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    aaargh, had to watch on cbs.com and the episode abruptly ended right after Eddie got his 2nd vote! I was able to look up what happened, but that was rather anti-climactic.

Sherri has been the ringleader since day 1, and I'm rooting for her (seriously, anyone who can wrangle Shamar deserves a million dollars), but I wonder how all her franchise employees are going to feel now that she's called them a bunch of "snotty teenaged brats". And I'm guessing whatever chain she licenses has declined Survivor's generous offer to let them be a sponsor of the show, and thus can not be named

Julia spoke! And said something pertinent to the game!

I still think Reynold and his sidekick are annoying as all get out, but it's hard to hate them while Shamar is going off the deep end. How did Shamar pass the psychological testing to get on the show? He's very honest about the recent problems he's had. Sherri called him her Phillip, I think he's more like Brandon - wants to bring his best self to the game but his demons are too close to the surface.

Laura I think is strategizing too hard. It's working for now, but I think it's going to bite her sooner than later.

I'm tired of editing making all the challenges look like Reynold vs Malcolm showdowns. Even when they don't perform that well.

Thank goodness we didn't get that much of the Phillip Show this week. Although I loved the montage of him watching Brenda doing curls on the beach with a shell or rock, and then suddenly Phillip is working out for us. I'm afraid Erik is not long for this game - which is too bad. But he's on the losing side of his tribe's alliance and he's not batshit crazy, so no air time for him.

I wouldn't assume Malcolm's lack of airtime means he won't be at the very end. The producers LOVE him. They were still editing last season while he was filming this one, considering he didn't win his season they could have toned down his edit if he turned out to be a dud here.

I know I wanted Andrea to get voted out the first week (mostly for the surprise factor rather than anything against her), but she is bringing the strategy. I'd love this season to come down to two alliances led by women dominating. I think Jeff's head would explode. More likely, the footage from the season would probably be "destroyed in a fire" or "corrupted by hackers" or otherwise compromised and the whole season would be written off.

Jeff asking in TC "do you often find yourself misunderstood?" is the Survivor equivalent of "bless your heart".
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Malcolm can't win. His edit is that of a loser !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Jeff was asked about this last season and said that if the idol is among your possessions, it's yours and no one can take it, but if you hide it in the woods and someone finds it, it's theirs.

I got all excited thinking that it had actually happened, but alas.
    Thanks for clarifying that. Amazing that it's never been a factor. You'd think someone, if they knew or suspected someone had the HII hidden somewhere, would follow them or do some hunting of their own to steal it. I would.

vCash
    It's never a good idea to share II. The only person you can trust to keep it a secret is yourself, and someone always end up feeling slighted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    It's never a good idea to share II. The only person you can trust to keep it a secret is yourself, and someone always end up feeling slighted.
    I do think Yul back in Cook Islands season did a good job in sharing the information that he had the Hidden Idol. Him telling Penner to either flip or go home is one of my favorite Survivor moments.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    There are definitely strategic opportunities in letting the right person know at the right time that you have it. Or making them think you have it when you don't.

But I think for some, having it is just too big a secret to keep and they end up blabbing about it when they shouldn't.

vCash
    I want Philip to give me a nickname.

Wonder what it would be!??!

vCash
    Its a surprise that Philip was able to beat Reynold at the end of the immunity challenge. Lucky for him he had a big lead!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Jeff has been talking up next week for a couple of months now, and now I see why. It's going to be the kind of episode Jeff loves and I hate.

As soon as Reynold decided to play his idol, I knew everyone voted for Laura. Reynold isn't a stupid guy, but he sure isn't plugged in to what is going on in this game. Eddie is an idiot, OTOH.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Jeff has been talking up next week for a couple of months now, and now I see why. It's going to be the kind of episode Jeff loves and I hate.

As soon as Reynold decided to play his idol, I knew everyone voted for Laura. Reynold isn't a stupid guy, but he sure isn't plugged in to what is going on in this game. Eddie is an idiot, OTOH.
    Next week looks stupid. With being busy watching Worlds it won't bother me to miss idiot Brandon's meltdown.

Reynold and Eddie are still dumb and clueless about how to play they game but I don't mind looking at them as the days wear them down.

Think my favorite "favorite" is Cochran.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    It would be a wonderful world, one in which no "Hantz" has ever graced a television screen....ta-ta Brandon (I hope)
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    ugh, I'm so conflicted about the fans....I like Sherri and Michael, and Julia (the few glimpses we've seen, anyway) seems to be a decent player. But I was never that enamored of Laura. She blurted out way too much at each tribal, in an overplaying-your-hand kind of way. She strategized, but wasn't that good at it. And she was god awful at challenges. I thought Reynold was going to smack her away from that lock she was fooling with.

Shamar....the editors (or most likely: Jeff) certainly want him to feel as crappy about his time on the show as possible while watching. I would not have enjoyed being on his tribe, but I'm still wondering how he got past the psyche eval. He just seems to have too many recent demons from his time in the marines.

It is truly frightening to see Phillip doing a good Boston Rob imitation with his tribe. It's my worst nightmare.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I watched the first part last night - opening through end of reward challenge, and it was as I feared, The Philip Show. Sorry folks, for the first time in the history of this show, I'm skipping this season. I'll keep following this thread as all your comments are so much fun, and maybe tune in for the finale, but otherwise Wed nights are all about Nashville and BB Canada for me

vCash
    I am getting so so tired of Philip I have to fast forward everywhere he stands. Brrrrrrrrrrr
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I find him amusing. Now Brandon is a different story.

vCash
    So is everybody on the tribe now a member of Secret Agent Toys R Us, or whatever the name of it is?

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I'm amazed that Philip is continuing on this this secret agent crap, knowing after last time he played that the whole world knows his actual employment history. I blame the producers for feeding that fire.

vCash
    OK, so I missed the first like, 40 minutes of the show and was confused with Shamar gone. When did he leave? Gaaaaa, hate it when I miss *important* stuff.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    OK, so I missed the first like, 40 minutes of the show and was confused with Shamar gone. When did he leave? Gaaaaa, hate it when I miss *important* stuff.
    Shamar was pulled out by medical after the reward challenge at some point because of an eye injury. Like Reynold, I thought he was faking at first.

I'm certainly not a Phillip fan, but I find him amusing this season. Hantz can bugger off though. He's the one I can't believe made it past a psych evaluation.
    Reynold has some potential, but Eddie is an out-and-out idiot.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast