Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    Well, Malcolm's bulge was quite noticeable in a couple of scenes in the last episode. I'm sure PeterG noticed, too.

vCash
    All the endowed players will get eliminated on suspicion of having an immunity idol.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Phillip question (cause I don't remember) ......

I know in his past season, they always had "Federal Agent" on the screen shot when they showed Phillip in confessionals. Exactly what kind of Federal Agent was/is he? What, exactly, was/is his job?
    He was, briefly, a Special Agent with the Defense Investigation Services, which used to be name of the service that does background checks for DoD security clearances.

This is his LinkedIn profile--he has spent most of his working life in software sales: http://www.linkedin.com/in/phillipsheppard Which is almost as hard to believe.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Okey dokey. So he was a 'federal agent' for all of 3 years (ending in 1989) while he was a member of the armed forces and it was his assigned duty, and did background checks for security clearances. But then was in Sales for the next 20+ years, yet Survivor notes him as a 'federal agent' instead of Software Sales on his label? Maybe this is why I find it so funny as for some reason I thought he was like an FBI agent for 20 years or something like that. And when he would go all Crazy Phillip I'm thinking .... and THIS was an agent in the FBI?!? This actually explains a lot now.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Okey dokey. So he was a 'federal agent' for all of 3 years (ending in 1989) while he was a member of the armed forces and it was his assigned duty, and did background checks for security clearances. But then was in Sales for the next 20+ years, yet Survivor notes him as a 'federal agent' instead of Software Sales on his label? Maybe this is why I find it so funny as for some reason I thought he was like an FBI agent for 20 years or something like that. And when he would go all Crazy Phillip I'm thinking .... and THIS was an agent in the FBI?!? This actually explains a lot now.
    You can't believe anything Survivor says about the careers of the contestants. They often exaggerate, downplay or use some past career, depending on what "character" they are trying to present.

It doesn't show on LinkedIn, but Phillip was apparently taking a stab at an acting career before Survivor, too, and I've often wondered if that is the true cause of his craziness.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Yeah, the professions are really just what CBS chooses to make things look like they have a more diverse group of people. Parvati's profession went from "boxer" to "charity organizer" between her first two seasons, I believe. Also there have been a few "former models." I still think my favorite was "magician's assistant" from Guatemala Or "Russell Hantz's Nephew," which flashed on the screen whenever Brandon was talking... I wonder how much he makes per year under that profession?

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Big Brother does the same thing - I think casting looks through their resumes and picks whatever they think is interesting, regardless of when and how long the person actually did that job, and what they do now. In the case of Big Brother, because they have to give up about 3 months to do the show, the reality is usually "unpaid full time reality show auditioner."

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    someone asked earlier about Phillip's pink undies - I would bet a packet that the producers made it a requirement that he prance around in them again.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    someone asked earlier about Phillip's pink undies - I would bet a packet that the producers made it a requirement that he prance around in them again.
    Definitely--like Rupert's tie-dye shirts and Boston Rob's and Jonathan's hats, and so on, Phillip's grapefruit undies are part of his persona. The producers choose the clothes for all the contestants and always have. It's all about creating a "character."

A little bit of past Survivors gossip: Ethan and Jenna Announce Breakup in People, Ask for Privacy

vCash
    Sorry to hear about Jenna & Ethan's break up.

In happier news, One of my favorite winners, Yul has become a dad again:

http://celebritybabies.people.com/20...n/#more-180629

Cute!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Yul's baby looks so tiny, but weighed eight pounds? Wow.

I saw only half the show; quite a bait and switch the producers pulled with the boot there, making it actually seem like the majority was really going to dump their original plan instead of just showing them discussing maybe sorta possibly voting out someone else. Otherwise, Shamar the Drama King is sure wearing. I couldn't believe he told Hope the plan. What a snake! But it did make clear to me that Sherri is the one running the show.

Mostly though-- at the previews for next week! It's like the Apocalypse landed and brought all the plagues of Egypt along for the ride. RATS!

vCash
    Shamar is overdoing it in the drama department. I think I could like him if he toned it down about 10 million notches.

I'm liking Sherri (I finally learned her name!). I will definitely be rooting for her on the Fans now. And it finally dawned on me why I kept thinking of someone else when seeing her. She reminds me of Sandra Bullock when she was in "The Blind Side".

vCash
    I am rooting for Shamar. I looove him he's funny

So far, I can't guess who is getting the winner edit.
    Malcolm won't win, that's for sure considering the edit. Same applies to Philip. Or Dawn or Cochran.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    at all the Rats running around in next week's episode!

I liked how the Immunity/Reward challenge came down to the wire. Lil Hantz is one determined kid. Overall a decent episode.

vCash
    I will keep hoping hoping Shamar quits. If what we've seen is how he behaved in the military, I'm surprised he wasn't court-marshalled.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    I will keep hoping hoping Shamar quits. If what we've seen is how he behaved in the military, I'm surprised he wasn't court-marshalled.
    There are MANY Shamars in the military. It was one of the reasons why I couldn't wait to get out of the Army. I loathe him. And seriously-- that man has bigger boobs than Pamela Anderson!!!
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Pretty good episode. I was glad there was finally a challenge that didn't end in a puzzle! Once again we didn't see much from the Favorites tribe. Sherri very clearly has the reins on the fans tribe... I don't know if anyone else really realizes it at the moment, either.

vCash
    I"m surprising myself by being amused by Li'l Hantz this time around. Just so long as he doesn't go off on women in bikinis or religion again. I wonder if Malcolm will be smart enough to go back & move the II so Corrine no longer has access to it? I admire Sherri & her handling of Shamar. Strong woman.

vCash
    I wonder what would happen if someone was out searching and happened to stumble up on the place where Malcolm (or anyone who re-hides it) buried it. I so want that to happen some day just so we can see what would happen.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I've always wondered that too. Last season when the chick who everyone hated (already blanking on the name) basically stole the clue from leopard bikini chick, I wondered if dark haired dude (seriously, I should look this up ) would find a way to mess with it further. He knew where it was hidden, was with annoying chick when she found it, and might rightfully have either taken it, or used his knowledge to guide someone else to find it for his own advantage. He started the game as such a manipulator before he fizzled that I really hoped it would happen.

It would be nice if they shared the rules with us, but then again I see why they don't.

ETA - Abi, RC, Pete

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast