Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 135
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,426
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Oh, it all seems so complicated to me. Actually, I'll be happy if I can see it on tv.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    168
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraMGfan View Post
    Here in the UK, you could do an "Expression of Interest" with Cosport, and listing what events you are interested in (by January 7th). Once they have their allocated tickets, we will be able to purchase (on a first come first serve basis I believe).
    I'm giving it a try, and I've put skating events from week 2 in my list. Fingers crossed.
    For the London 2012, both a friend and my father managed to get tickets through the France official reseller (EventTeam). So I'll give this a shot too!
    I was allocated 3 out of the 7-8 events I expressed interest for. Decided to buy 2 events, Free Dance and Ladies Free. Not gonna lie, they are EXPENSIVE :S
    Single tickets sales in the UK (and Australia) with Cosport starts on Monday.

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    478
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I originally planned to go and was even ready to pay for expensive tickets, but I was very upset when the ticket sales started: they sell tickets without assigning seats, so one can end up sitting on the last row of the lower bowl - and having been at the arena during GPF I can definitely say it's FAR from the ice - after paying about $650. Maybe I'm a chicken, but I'm not ready to take such risks... yet, at least. Yeah, I had bought a ticket without a seat assigned for approximately the same price before, but it was an all-event, not ONE event.

    Anyway, I've just checked the ticket site, and everything is sold out, so now I don't have to worry about taking a decision
    Last edited by Elkmaria; 02-09-2013 at 08:59 PM.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Unfortunately, not being to the Olympics before, I neglected to look information about the tickets in advance; so I ended up on CoSport website on the 10th of January; theree days after the Expression of Interest ended. Under these circumstances, I'll wait for the Live Sale on Monday. Finger crossed for that .
    From what I've understood, You've stated your interest for almost all the figure skating events, but you've been given only three of them...? And expensive? . I kinda got the impression all the categories (A, B, C and D) will be on sale; and was rather interested in C... but from what you're saying I kinda understand that aren't all for sale... Could I get a price range? Or a category? (just to be ready ) Up to this point, I'm intersted in men, ladies and dance; and I would like, if neccesary, to take a quick and wise decision .

    Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by SandraMGfan View Post
    I was allocated 3 out of the 7-8 events I expressed interest for. Decided to buy 2 events, Free Dance and Ladies Free. Not gonna lie, they are EXPENSIVE :S
    Single tickets sales in the UK (and Australia) with Cosport starts on Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Oh, it all seems so complicated to me. Actually, I'll be happy if I can see it on tv.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello - and I have to say: I kinda envied you a little, given the fact you're living in Russia and you can buy tickets through the official site. For a citizen of Romania is rather difficult to do that; I ended up eventually on the site of CoSport; but I'm not sure I'm gonna get tickets on Monday, at the live sale...
    Anyway, I saw the tickets on the official site are almost over now, remaining only the real expensive ones in pairs Short and Men Short... But I was planning - if possible - to get tickets from the C category - is this really faaaaaar from the ice? I mean, A and B are almost unreachable; it's impossible for me to even take them into consideration. And a frustration: as a previous buyer of All-Event tickets in Worlds Figure Skating, I'm totally stressed and annoyed by the idea that I have to try to get tickets one by one (and expensive ones...) I mean: I'm a huge fan of FS (aren't we all?) and I would have very much liked to see every single event in figure skating in Sochi...
    By the way, are they selling (at the Olympics) any practice pass? I kinda wish they did; I coudl have taken a ticket or two at the official competition and would have spent the time at the practice arena... But from what I've understand this - attending the practice sessions - is not on option at the Olympic Games? Or is it? Sorry for these naive questions; never been to the Olympics before.

    Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elkmaria View Post
    I originally planned to go and was even ready to pay for expensive tickets, but I was very upset when the ticket sales started: they sell tickets without assigning seats, so one can end up sitting on the last row of the lower bowl - and having been at the arena during GPF I can definitely say it's FAR from the ice - after paying about $650. Maybe I'm a chicken, but I'm not ready to take such risks... yet, at least. Yeah, I had bought a ticket without a seat assigned for approximately the same price before, but it was an all-event, not ONE event.

    Anyway, I've just checked the ticket site, and everything is sold out, so now I don't have to worry about taking a decision

  6. #26
    waiting for Spring :(
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores Apr-June :)
    Posts
    9,122
    vCash
    334
    Rep Power
    12882
    I have registered through this site http://www.tickets.sochi2014.com/ but haven't actually picked any tickets as not sure yet.. I teach so technically would have to do some wrangling to get the week off and don't fancy going by myself.. and nobody else seems interested.. so am either considering a tour.. or might go to Euro's?? I've never been to Eastern Europe so that might be my Olympics.. although I have always wanted to go to Russia.. hmm..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

    "Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

  7. #27
    Eh?
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Prepping for Sochi!
    Posts
    5,296
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20202
    4rkidz: you won't be able to buy tickets at that site since you don't live in Russia. You have to create an account with CoSport and try to get tickets starting Monday at noon.

    I was able to get Pairs Short and Pairs long through the "Expression of Interest". I was also offered an Opening Ceremonies ticket, but since it was $1200 (Category B), I decided against it and instead will try to get more figure skating tickets on Monday.

    somcutza: all of the ticket prices are listed on the site linked above by 4rkidz, as well as on CoSport's site in various currencies.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    168
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    I have registered through this site http://www.tickets.sochi2014.com/ but haven't actually picked any tickets as not sure yet.. I teach so technically would have to do some wrangling to get the week off and don't fancy going by myself.. and nobody else seems interested.. so am either considering a tour.. or might go to Euro's?? I've never been to Eastern Europe so that might be my Olympics.. although I have always wanted to go to Russia.. hmm..
    4rkidz, I knew nobody when I attended FS events at Vancouver 2010 (I was lucky to live there at the time!), and met some of the best people I know while there! So give it a shot!


    somcutza - Prices on Cosport for Cat B Free Dance (and ladies free) are €391 > that's €60-ish more than the advertised price on the Russian OC site.

    I've only got Cat B tix, so I can't tell you about the other prices.

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Rhis seems to be an website only for the Russian citizens or the foreigners residing in Russia. For everyone alse, are the NOCs (national olympic comittees) and authorised tickets resellers.


    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    I have registered through this site http://www.tickets.sochi2014.com/ but haven't actually picked any tickets as not sure yet.. I teach so technically would have to do some wrangling to get the week off and don't fancy going by myself.. and nobody else seems interested.. so am either considering a tour.. or might go to Euro's?? I've never been to Eastern Europe so that might be my Olympics.. although I have always wanted to go to Russia.. hmm..

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    478
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    somcutza, I agree that things are easier for me as a Russian citizen - at least I had a chance to buy tickets online without figuring out where to buy them. Sorry for whining
    If you buy Category C, you will get a seat in the upper bowl, and it will be not the first rows (first rows are Category B). Here's the video which may give you an idea of the distance from the ice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2nmo9UCraw I'd say it's very far. I haven't been there myself, but Iceberg arena is very similar to Khodynka arena in Moscow in terms of size, and I've been to the upper bowl at Khodynka - it's really far
    As for practice passes, I haven't heard of anything like that yet.

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeap; it's far . Very far, indeed. But for me to consider A is out of the question (I mean, I won't travel to Sochi for one or two events... Or should I? ) I'm not sure. And my budget is not really suited for the Olympics. Its' more a dream, actually; but being at the Europeans (and standing in the secod row ) and to the Worlds, Olympics might have been the next step. I mean Olympics are more than tickets for a foreigner: plane? hotel? Hm; not that easy to do.

    But you're helping me; a lot, in fact; cause I couldn't figure out by myself if the lower bowl represents only the A category tickets; I used to think that it host the B too... So, B, C and D are all in the upper bowl . This is not a very good news to digest. Hm. I'll take my time to figure out until Monday. (considering that there are more figure skating tickets after the Expression of Interest...) Anyway, from those of you who actually bought tickets through CoSport (after the EoI), were there any C tickets available to buy?)

    And thank you to everyone who tried to offer me some assistance through that: Elkmaria, DaveRocks, SandraMGfan So no one knows about a Practice Pass .

    Quote Originally Posted by Elkmaria View Post
    somcutza, I agree that things are easier for me as a Russian citizen - at least I had a chance to buy tickets online without figuring out where to buy them. Sorry for whining
    If you buy Category C, you will get a seat in the upper bowl, and it will be not the first rows (first rows are Category B). Here's the video which may give you an idea of the distance from the ice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2nmo9UCraw I'd say it's very far. I haven't been there myself, but Iceberg arena is very similar to Khodynka arena in Moscow in terms of size, and I've been to the upper bowl at Khodynka - it's really far
    As for practice passes, I haven't heard of anything like that yet.

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    387
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Has anybody found a place to stay for Sochi? I had some tickets allotted after the expression of interest (no skating unfortunately) but I don't want to convert to an order if I don't have a place to stay lined up.

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    practising choreo
    Posts
    923
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by somcutza View Post
    So no one knows about a Practice Pass
    No idea about Sochi, but yes in Vancouver we had practise session tickets. They were an affordable option, about $30 CAD each.

  14. #34

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    8,996
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    16100
    To be more exact, it was $30 per practice session. IIRC, there were 7 practice sessions. Yes, an affordable option, relatively speaking. I went to five of them and by the end of it, I would go (they started at some abnormally early hour) and then slept through everyone.

    ETA: I believe the practice tickets were only available for Canadian residents, right? Some Canadian FSUers bought extra tickets for non-Canadian FSUers. So, if there are practice tickets for sale, they may only be sold to Russians.
    Last edited by manhn; 02-10-2013 at 07:29 AM.

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    478
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by somcutza View Post
    I mean, I won't travel to Sochi for one or two events... Or should I? ) I'm not sure. And my budget is not really suited for the Olympics. Its' more a dream, actually; but being at the Europeans (and standing in the secod row ) and to the Worlds, Olympics might have been the next step. I mean Olympics are more than tickets for a foreigner: plane? hotel? Hm; not that easy to do.
    Actually, if I get to go, after all, I'll have to pick one or two events. Otherwise it's too expensive for me, since there are travel and hotel costs to consider as well, and they are not going to be low by any means. So if you are not sure whether to travel to one or two events only, I'd say - go for it

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    28
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Is there anyone who has a seating map of Iceberg Skating Palace?
    I can't guess the difference between category B and C.

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    478
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gordeeva View Post
    Is there anyone who has a seating map of Iceberg Skating Palace?
    I can't guess the difference between category B and C.
    I didn't manage to find a seating map, but here's a photo with the overview: http://rsport.ru/images/63572/54/635725469.jpg
    Category B are the first several rows of the upper bowl (not sure exactly how many rows, the map at the Olympic ticket site is VERY sketchy). Category C are the farther rows of the upper bowl, and Category D are the very back rows.

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    28
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkmaria View Post
    I didn't manage to find a seating map, but here's a photo with the overview: http://rsport.ru/images/63572/54/635725469.jpg
    Category B are the first several rows of the upper bowl (not sure exactly how many rows, the map at the Olympic ticket site is VERY sketchy). Category C are the farther rows of the upper bowl, and Category D are the very back rows.
    Thanks, Elkmaria
    Sochi tickets are definitely more expensive than Vancouver

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    There is this map on the official site, http://tickets.sochi2014.com/sochi2014.html?affiliate=ORP&fun=evdetail&doc=sess ionDetails&key=834418$2372036, but, yes, it's very tricky. It seems to me that B and C are too expensive, given the fact they are so far from ice; and A - unaffordable. Or affordable if we're planning to get only two tickets or so. As a matter of fact, I was planning to spend around 1.000 of euros on the tickets, but not only on 2 of them (. Maybe I shall consider the Team Events instead of going after the Men Free and Ice Dance Free; they should include the best teams, I suppose, with the best skaters (Russia, Canada, USA - and hopefully Japan - if they manage to produce a pair, now that Narumi and Mervin split up; rumours are that the federation managed to find a parter for Narumi...). Anyway, these practice passes - if they exist - might be a good idea; hopefully, this time will be available for everyone; or we'll find a way to buy them (not being Russian citizens).

    And, yes, the difference between B and C - I find this quite strange; I mean, as far as I understoond, there are both in the upper bowl, very far from the ice; but the B is double then C...
    I guess A is the best option - but you could end up in the last row of the lower bowl, having paid, yes, 572 or 627 euros. My God, this is expensive! But is this sure? I mean, I was really hoping that the B seats are in the lower bowl too; seems they aren't .

    I'll keep wathing you: en eye on the forum, en eye on the 4CC, ladies free .


    Quote Originally Posted by gordeeva View Post
    Is there anyone who has a seating map of Iceberg Skating Palace?
    I can't guess the difference between category B and C.

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Sorry for the extended link; I'm still a novice when it comes to posting on FS universe; though I've been watching you for long >

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •