Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

vCash
    Actually a B Cat for Men's SP is less expensive with Cosport than with Jakala events, Pingu .
    But nothing at all for Men's FP on Cosport right now!

vCash
    Is anyone planning to go to Sochi from North America?
    I googled it to find that most flights have at least 2 transfers via Amsterdam and Moscow.
    Also, it costs more than $2500~3000 for round trip. I have never been to Europe so I don't know if this is usually the case.
    If anyone has been to GPF in Sochi last year, mind sharing how the trip was???
    Is it better to buy tickets online (like expedia or priceline) or through travel agencies? Any recommendations for flight airlines?
    Thanks

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    I've been considering doing a kickstarter or IndieGoGo campaign to help raise money so I can do my podcast from the Olympics. And I've spoken with a few people/coaches/skaters about prizes I can give donors at different levels (like big donors can get private lesson and dinner with xxx skater, smaller donors get signed books, etc). But I've never bought tickets for an Olympics before, and it seems tough to do this close to the event, and especially when visas are needed for travel. Is there anyone here who is very knowledgeable about attending Olympics who would be willing help me off-line with organizing this? Thank you!
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Pegasus airlines from Ukraine seems to kave cheaper flights now.

vCash
    We've booked our flights. We're going London-Kiev-Sochi for £590 return (and good times)
    I would have preferred a direct flight from London, but nothing on offer yet, and I think they'll be a rip-off if/once they are available...

Now just waiting for hotels to open up bookings! This is starting to look like a trip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraMGfan View Post
    We've booked our flights. We're going London-Kiev-Sochi for £590 return (and good times)
    I would have preferred a direct flight from London, but nothing on offer yet, and I think they'll be a rip-off if/once they are available...

Now just waiting for hotels to open up bookings! This is starting to look like a trip
    Hi, Sandra. What company are you flying with? (I'm trying to find a match for Bucharest-Sochi - I've only found smth. on Turkish but I really don't like the dates. I've lowered my expectations to Men only; so I'm planning a trip only for 12-15 of Feb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ostile17 View Post
    Actually a B Cat for Men's SP is less expensive with Cosport than with Jakala events, Pingu .
    But nothing at all for Men's FP on Cosport right now!

ostile17, hello. Have you managed to find what you wanted? A - only for Men, both Short and Free? I'm kinda interested in the same thing. The more I think the more I tend to limit my trip to Russia to only that - I'm mostly worried about the hotels' prices; I think 3-4 nights won't kill me. (as it will 6 or 7). On the other hand, B, C and D don't look nice. D is not even for sale. Romania can obtain its tickets through a California-based ATR - but they will only confirm they give me the A's in June. (I have some doubts, by the way: I've never been to the Olympics and I would have loved to see more FS; but buying C's will only be frustrating, I suppose. Which is why your thought - A and only A for Men only - might seem the right thing to do. But an expensive travel to Russia only for that? (including VISA, planes and so on...; pffff, it's hard).

From what I understand, are you coming from Italy...? (you were talking about Jakala events...) So, Europe. Have you managed to look around for planes. Though Sochi seems near, it might be hard to get there. I only found something through Istanbul; and I'm not taking into consideration Moscow for a stop...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somcutza View Post
    Hi, Sandra. What company are you flying with? (I'm trying to find a match for Bucharest-Sochi - I've only found smth. on Turkish but I really don't like the dates. I've lowered my expectations to Men only; so I'm planning a trip only for 12-15 of Feb.
    Our flights are with Ukrainian Airlines. I wasn't sure at first as I've never used them, but Turkish Airlines schedule is not good timewise, and the other options were through Moscow. Which doesn't make sense from a geographical point of view.

vCash
    No way I was able to get A's for Men, I am stuck with B and C, I know I will be crying for frustration once I'm there (if I indeed go). I am told an upgrade will be offered to me if A's should become available, but I doubt the Russians will offer those to Jakala events, considering Plushenko is/may be competing and that might be the most popular event!

No, I haven't checked flights at all: I booked so much in advance for Vancouver and ended up paying more, that I thought I would wait. There is a direct flight these days from my city to Moscow. If they keep it for the Olys, then I might consider going via Moscow. But it's all still up in the air!

But hey, if you get A's I would say go for it: even if only for the Men's events (if that's what you are more interested in, like me), it would totally be worth it! We can plan to meet, if you want!
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahshi Road to Sochi

vCash
    erm... don't want to spoil the party but I would avoid using the Ukranian Airlines (and Aeroswit). They are known for cancelling flights or charging extra on the spot. We hear the stories of the flights being cancelled (Kiev-Tel Aviv) all the time....

vCash
    Our flights are with Ukrainian Airlines. I wasn't sure at first as I've never used them, but Turkish Airlines schedule is not good timewise, and the other options were through Moscow. Which doesn't make sense from a geographical point of view.
    Thank you, Sandra. I'm waaay behind you. I'm not sure - even to this point - what events to take into consideration when it comes to FS (I mean, I know for sure that I want Men and Dance - but our ATR only began selling (booking, in fact) at the beginning of March; they'll confirm the events in June. I still have some options, but I've been a bit discouraged by the whole accommodation thing; I-m worried the prices will go higher and higher or I'll maybe forced to stay 2 hours far from the Coastal Cluster. I've never been to the Olympics so I'm worried about the costs - this is for sure. I guess I'll need some reassuring from someone who's been to Olympic FS in advance. What are you planning to see?

Your trip sounds ok - London-Kiev-Sochi. I'm not a fan of Moscow too. I'll probably take Istanbul in consideration; or even Chisinau (in Moldova).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    erm... don't want to spoil the party but I would avoid using the Ukranian Airlines (and Aeroswit). They are known for cancelling flights or charging extra on the spot. We hear the stories of the flights being cancelled (Kiev-Tel Aviv) all the time....
    Too late. It's booked. We've read lot of reviews and many were commenting that the service has actually improved. And it's for the OG. I believe they will be on better behaviour than their other regular services (I experienced the Tube during the London Olympics - 2 dreamy weeks that went back to nightmare the day the OG were over).

Unfortunately, I cannot afford to wait for BA to have one direct flight and charge £1000 for it

vCash
    Too late. It's booked. We've read lot of reviews and many were commenting that the service has actually improved. And it's for the OG. I believe they will be on better behaviour than their other regular services (I experienced the Tube during the London Olympics - 2 dreamy weeks that went back to nightmare the day the OG were over).

Unfortunately, I cannot afford to wait for BA to have one direct flight and charge £1000 for it
    I really hope their service in general is great and it's Tel Aviv line that sucks

vCash

Help :)

You, Europeans, going to Sochi, please let us, the rest, know what flights are you considering for getting there. I only see Turkish (via Istanbul) and Ukrainian (but this doesn't work for me, at least, for the moment...) Anything through Vienna, Frankfurt, Milano, Rome...?

Thank you.

vCash
    Not according to the airport website

vCash
    For anyone who have bought from Co Sport, they send the tickets on January right?
    Can you get the Visa with only the receipt of the ticket that they give so far?And do they guarantee that tickets will arrive on time for the trip? Another official reseller told me that they wont have the option of picking the tickets at Sochi.
    My sisters works in the quality surveys of european air companies and she told me Pegasus is good.So is Turkish airlines but their schedule is strange.

vCash
    Senorita, where are you coming from? (still trying to figure out a potential route for Sochi; which is, indeed, an awkward destination; it's not far, but seems untouchable).

As regards Cosport, don't they give you the option of picking up the tickets in Sochi? I kinda feel comfortable with the option of picking them up there (as the ATR for Romania, Cartan, says it will do...)

Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    For anyone who have bought from Co Sport, they send the tickets on January right?
    Can you get the Visa with only the receipt of the ticket that they give so far?And do they guarantee that tickets will arrive on time for the trip? Another official reseller told me that they wont have the option of picking the tickets at Sochi.
    My sisters works in the quality surveys of european air companies and she told me Pegasus is good.So is Turkish airlines but their schedule is strange.

vCash
    CoSport had the option of picking up tickets in London for the summer games; while I was queueing to pick mine up, I spoke to a few people who had arranged to have them mailed to them, but the tickets hadn't arrived in time - they only send them out a month before the event so there's not much room for any mistakes, and a lot of people ended up having to travel to London without having their tickets. If you can, choose the option to pick your tickets up in Sochi. The collection system might not be the smoothest, but at least you can speak to someone in person & resolve it on the spot if there are any problems.

vCash
    Totally agree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    CoSport had the option of picking up tickets in London for the summer games; while I was queueing to pick mine up, I spoke to a few people who had arranged to have them mailed to them, but the tickets hadn't arrived in time - they only send them out a month before the event so there's not much room for any mistakes, and a lot of people ended up having to travel to London without having their tickets. If you can, choose the option to pick your tickets up in Sochi. The collection system might not be the smoothest, but at least you can speak to someone in person & resolve it on the spot if there are any problems.

vCash
    I picked up my tickets in Vancouver when I went. The option of having them sent cost a lot more. It involved some waiting in line but it was ok.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast