Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    We feed our almost 8 year old Orijen. It's grain free, contains a ton of meat and Dogfoodadvisor.com gives it 5 stars. It is pricey but it requires less food per feeding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    Thank you all for the tips and the links. It is getting where I just don't know what to feed my baby.
    She has been eating Kibbles and Bits, Small Size for years and I have seen no problems. (knock on wood)
    And she has not had any trouble with her treats, which right at this moment I forget the name of but will check if they come from Usa. Has anyone heard of any trouble with this brand?

I have also been giving her small amounts of Little Champions Senior mixed in with her dry because she is 10 and a half years old and needs senior food and soft food is easier for her to chew.
    Dogfoodadvisor.com does not like Kibbles and Bits, says it has no nutritional value. My dog is doing well on Merrick Classic Dry Dog Food.

vCash
    I'm sorry I haven't done this sooner. I put 1 lb beef or chicken liver in the food processor and liquify it. To that I add 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup corn meal and 1/2 cup wheat germ. pat it onto a greased cookie sheet, cut it into small squares and bake at 350 for 15-20 mins. some people drop teaspoons onto the cookie sheet and flatten them. They store well in the freezer, do not store at room temperature because they will mold. I use these as dog show bait also.

vCash
    Thanks---mrr50---even before the recall I found some of the prices a bit much. I want to try your recipe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    We feed our almost 8 year old Orijen. It's grain free, contains a ton of meat and Dogfoodadvisor.com gives it 5 stars. It is pricey but it requires less food per feeding.
    Orijen is amazing food. I used to feed it to my yellow lab, but then we got our chocolate lab and he has a lot of allergy issues and it was too much for his system. Feeding them different foods was a headache, so now they're on Natural Balance Venison and Sweet Potato. It isn't quite as good as the Orijen, but it's still high quality and not made in China.

Basically if a dog food contains corn, grains, by products or any ingredients that aren't easily pronounceable then you shouldn't be feeding it to your pet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr50 View Post
    I'm sorry I haven't done this sooner. I put 1 lb beef or chicken liver in the food processor and liquify it. To that I add 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup corn meal and 1/2 cup wheat germ. pat it onto a greased cookie sheet, cut it into small squares and bake at 350 for 15-20 mins. some people drop teaspoons onto the cookie sheet and flatten them. They store well in the freezer, do not store at room temperature because they will mold. I use these as dog show bait also.
    I'm getting old. A quick tip I forgot to explain. When I state to 'cut it into small squares', I use a pizza wheel to score the patted out dough before I bake it. I makes things really easy.

My dog stares at the oven until the treats are done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12