vCash

Gracie Gold on Today Show - Fri. Jan. 11

This will be her first appearance and she's scheduled for 8:50 a.m. Eastern time.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thank you for letting us know.

vCash
    Thanks Sylvia, I will be home in the morning so I will try to watch. Good for her!

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    After her interview she skated to "This girl is on fire" by Alicia Keyes. I'm sure it will be up on their website in due course if you missed it.
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    I'm glad to see that's she's putting a lot more emotion into her skating as well as musicality but IMO, she is still a work in progress. She widely downgraded her triple lutz to a double or else she would have killed herself on that small rink.

vCash
    Gracie was cute.

vCash

vCash
    Gracie has star power and a great presence on TV. She is gorgeous. Still needs work on the grace factor....if she could stop pumping her back and keep it straight and pulled up she would be there. I hope she can work with a new choreographer next year. She just needs refinement.
    Maybe we can get her to study Sasha Cohen vids!!!

vCash
    Something a tad juvenile and rough about her skating (still). I'm sure that she'll gain flow, musicality and finesse in time. She has the jumps, for sure. Wishing she does well in Omaha!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Something a tad juvenile and rough about her skating (still).
    I think it's the choreography that's not doing her any favor. Gracie is a fluid performer, but there were so much meaningless constant arm-wavings in that exhibition that it became annoying. I wonder if the same guy that did her LP also gave her this exhibition piece?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I think it's the choreography that's not doing her any favor. Gracie is a fluid performer, but there were so much meaningless constant arm-wavings in that exhibition that it became annoying. I wonder if the same guy that did her LP also gave her this exhibition piece?
    Don't know about that, but while she does skate fast, she certainly does not have nice, secure, deep edges.
    Last edited by demetriosj; 01-15-2013 at 11:05 PM.

vCash
    I also think Gracie has star power. And musicality, as well. And grace, and nice line. There is something that bothers me a little that I cannot quite put my finger on- I'll have to study Gracie's videos to be sure exactly what it is. Something about coordinating arm movements and lower body. But it's nothing that cannot be overcome in a year or two. She is quite wonderful.
    Last edited by dinakt; 01-16-2013 at 01:59 AM.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I say it's the Kimmie Meissner arms.

vCash
    what a boring performance..

vCash
    Just a friendly reminder, the rink at Rockefeller Center has been known to bring many experienced pro skaters to tears. It is virtually impossible to skate anything like your best show program there, although it is a wonderful set up with the Today Show and a fabulous site. Sometimes, the ice is not Zammed prior to the guest skater doing his/her program; they just step out after a brutal public session. Certainly Gracie can make improvements but I wouldn't judge anything by her Rock Center program.