Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    vCash
    NEW Downton Abbey video - An early trailer for Season 4:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/...early-trailer/

vCash
    Preach it, Dame Maggie!

Little Sybil is so cute with her hair ribbon all falling out.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    I hate the new season and the new dynamics between the characters. I may stop watching it for a time, because it's going downhill !
    I agree some of the dynamics between some characters have changed but it certainly isn't going downhill - the show is actually getting better as the season goes on IMHO and up there with season 1 - and Maggie Smith and Penelope Wilton have an awesome dynamic going on - fabulous to watch.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    NM
    Last edited by alilou; 10-31-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    I agree some of the dynamics between some characters have changed but it certainly isn't going downhill - the show is actually getting better as the season goes on IMHO and up there with season 1
    I agree season four is very nice so far. Better than last year for sure. I think both the stories of the servants and the family are well thought (the rape, the back singer and Rose, Edith pregnant and the fanthom of Munich, the kids and Mary back to single life, Branson and the family: the affection for each other, oh it's good!). The script is also nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    and Maggie Smith and Penelope Wilton have an awesome dynamic going on - fabulous to watch.
    That one too!

I just watched episode #6 and had a good laugh:
    - Is that your first experience of jazz Lady Grantham?
    - Aw, is that what it is? Do you think any of them know what the others are playing, uhm?

I think even the settings (the countryside expecially) look nicer this year.
    I wasn't archiving this tv serie, but now I'm reconsidering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    I agree season four is very nice so far. Better than last year for sure. I think both the stories of the servants and the family are well thought (the rape, the back singer and Rose, Edith pregnant
    Whoa, wait, what? You sure know how to bury a lead!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    I have so far seen two episodes of season 4, and I am more in love with Maggie Smith than ever. Her character developement is excellent. Good that they realise what a gem of an actor they have in her.

vCash
    Be careful not to "spoil" us in the US!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Be careful not to open and read this or any DA thread if you are really afraid of being spoiled, skatesindreams! That's all it takes.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I think at one point we had a "spoilerish DA thread" and a "non-spoilerish DA thread." But the spoilerish one seems to have scrolled off the main page.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    This whole "which one is the spoiler thread and which one is not" thing can get confusing, so again, if posters insist on not being spoiled, I suggest not to open DA threads at all.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Agreed, it could get very confusing! I only mentioned it because there were those who expected not to be any spoilers in this thread, and that's probably why the subject came up.

vCash
    This used to be the non-spoiler thread...sigh....

vCash
    ^You are right. I don't mind being spoiled myself and I understand others do not feel the same.
    A new Unspoiled thread could be started.

Anyhow, Season 4 sounds delicious. Looking forward to PBS airing!
    Edith pregnant, shocking!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Be careful not to open and read this or any DA thread if you are really afraid of being spoiled, skatesindreams! That's all it takes.
    I was trying to remind others who might not remember that there is a "Season 4", thread,

vCash
    Well so much for trying to stay unspoiled!

vCash
    This whole "which one is the spoiler thread and which one is not" thing can get confusing, so again, if posters insist on not being spoiled, I suggest not to open DA threads at all.
    Well it's not really confusing - one refers to the 3rd season of Downton on a U.S. channel, and one refers to 4th season.

Very obvious. I read the Daily Mail, though, so I get spoiled there.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Oh I love getting spoiled so it's not really an issue for me. But keeping an eye on both threads and making sure you don't leak any spoilers on one of them can be confusing.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Be careful not to "spoil" us in the US!
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I was trying to remind others who might not remember that there is a "Season 4", thread,
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Well it's not really confusing - one refers to the 3rd season of Downton on a U.S. channel, and one refers to 4th season.
    Of course, and I used to know that strictly US schedule people and other people had two different threads. I wasn't careful enough when I posted, I really thought I was on a seson 4 thread.
    I'm sorry for those who mind spoilers, I'll be more careful in the future.

Hope it helps to know that, in my opinion, the fourth season is going to be really enjoyable, and that detail I gave away is only a very tiny scene, at least so far. What makes season four good, in my opinion, is it's quality, rather than shocking revelations.

Oh I love getting spoiled so it's not really an issue for me. But keeping an eye on both threads and making sure you don't leak any spoilers on one of them can be confusing.
    I like spoilers too. I never found anyone else who did, though, you're first!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    I like spoilers too. I never found anyone else who did, though, you're first!
    I love spoilers and this always confuses people in my real life...people get especially upset when I tell them that I skip to the end of books all the time to find out the ending. But I've found that I enjoy things more when I know how they are going to end so I've given up on trying not to spoil myself.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast