Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Sir Phillip Tapsell: "Let me know if you need any assistance."

Mrs Hughes: "From now on, only ugly maids."

vCash
    PML x infinity re Facebook Abbey. Esp "When Irish pecs are smiling"

And now some thoughts...
    1. What's going to happen to the tenants (read: William's dad) under the new financial model? Would Daisy be safe jumping into that role?
    2. Is O'Brien going to India? She sure was cozying up to Agatha(?) the Grumpy. Imagine what she could get up to in Bombay. Chuckles aplenty. could be a spin-off of her own. Call it the ANTI Jewel in the Crown.
    3. So, when is Anna going to get pregnant?
    4. If Tom's daughter and Mary's son are cousins, can they marry? Yes, it would be icky, but this is DOWNTON.
    5. Lady Grantham (older, not younger) has been relatively lowkey of late. What plot line will *she* get next?
    6. I'm betting Edith will get a flat/club/whatever it is that rich ladies live in in London when they are avoiding their supposedly liberal but really super conservative relatives. Plus we'll get awesome asylum scenes.
    7. Is Alfred (or whatever the redheaded footman's named) going to become a chef if Daisy goes to the farm? Or perhaps become Mathew's mom's cook?
    8. And finally - who and how many will be on Rose-the-Flapper's love (er, shag?) list? I'm lovin' her flapper getups.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Love the FB version of the Xmas special
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Icetalavista View Post
    2. Is O'Brien going to India? She sure was cozying up to Agatha(?) the Grumpy. Imagine what she could get up to in Bombay. Chuckles aplenty. could be a spin-off of her own. Call it the ANTI Jewel in the Crown.
    I would watch the hell out of that!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    fellowes "may" leave if his nbc drama is picked up

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/20/ju...ey-gilded-age/

enough reason for me to skip gilded age
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Isis has posted to the thread "What about my needs?": I want some adventure. I wanted to go to Scotland to hunt but all the adventure I ever get is being locked in a shed overnight by a weird human and being patted on the head by Head Human Dumbass. I liked the Irish human. But now dumbass is back. Woof.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    Downton Abbey on Facebook: Season 3 Episode 7:

http://www.happyplace.com/21471/down...on-3-episode-7

"Lord Grantham and 20 others are listening to Evening Bagpipes on Spotify"
    But the morning bagpipes were the worst. Anyone who tried to wake me up with bagpipes would promptly get strangled with them.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I figure with all the come-hither looks Anna and Bates were giving each other she'll either end up pregnant next season (because lady's maids were allowed to be married with kids, right?) or one of them will be hunted by the Angel of Death who seems to have made Downton their residence, too.

vCash
    Or, considering the usual order of things on this show, both.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    But the morning bagpipes were the worst. Anyone who tried to wake me up with bagpipes would promptly get strangled with them.
    There is NOTHING WRONG with bagpipes! Though I'm not quite sure about dinner bagpipes. Unless you're having haggis. And it's Robbie Burns day.

vCash

vCash
    ^Thanks. Nice photo of Mary and Matthew.

vCash
    "He died when it was still a good time to live.".........loved the way they killed him off and the scene with him and Mary and his "dearest little chap". That said, our household is probably not coming back for more.

I really loath Mary (hated her from the start) so IMO there couldn't be anything on this series more tiresome than Lady Snit being a grieving widow. Frankly, I think the characters that will suffer the most grief from Matthew's death will be Robert and Isobel.

Sorry Isobel didn't accept the doctor - that would have been a nice pairing, IMO; would have loved to seen the Dowagers' response to that romance!

Edith, Edith, Edith. NO, NO, NO, and, yes, that actor does look like a younger Anthony Stratton.

This series should be in the early years of 1920's - perhaps, 1923 which does make the Little Heir fodder for the WWII.

Sorry to see that Daisy didn't take her father-in-law up on his offer.

The Rose storyline is already boring to me so another season with her is just another reason not to watch. Wish they would have moved Rosamund's storyline into the forefront, instead.

vCash
    Yeah, there is a chance that Lady Mary will be a really annoying widow, but more likely IMO is that they don’t dwell too much on Matthew’s death at all and they all just move on with new characters.
    What would Jenny do?

vCash
    So O'Brien did get that job with Susan and Shrimpy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2791213.html

vCash
    Breaking News on Twitter: the actress playing O'Brien isn't coming back for season four!! They're dropping like flies over there!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    Breaking News on Twitter: the actress playing O'Brien isn't coming back for season four!! They're dropping like flies over there!
    i am growing to enjoy obrian and thomas- thomas taking the beating was quite the act of sacrifice- yikes!!

vCash
    O'Brien is off to India with Shrimpy and his sourpuss dour wife Susan, they should get along like two peas in a pod.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    Is ANYONE staying?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Just saw on Facebook that Harriet Walter is coming onboard as an "old school chum" of the Dowager's. I LOVE Harriet Walter!

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast