Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I forgot, did it turn out to be contact dermatitis with Mosely?
    Yes, iirc it was to some sort of plant that he contacted while gardening (can't remember exactly what sort).
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Seems like once Matthew & Mary got married, they do not seem like newlyweds at all.
    ITA

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Seems like once Matthew & Mary got married, they do not seem like newlyweds at all.
    Well, they did have a very long flirtation-on-again-off-again-courtship!

I agree, though, the only newlyweddy I can recall was a bedroom scene shortly after they returned to Downton after their honeymoon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches LaTour View Post
    I really can't see the Matthew/Mary marriage working out. She seems to be giving him the cold shoulder, more and more. I think that he would have been better off with Edith who is warm and whose intellectual-rebellion (writing to the papers) seems more in line with his own viewpoint of the world.

Hopefully they will resolve this Bates issue soon. Is anybody else getting tired of it? I was surprised that Isobel was willing to let Mrs. Bird go in order to keep Ethel - obviously Mrs. Bird was surprised by that fact as well.

Apparently Mrs. O'Brien was aware of Thomas' sexual orientation and is hoping to either catch Thomas making a pass at James or hoping someone else will do so. Exit Thomas, thinks Mrs. O'Brien but I am not so sure about that!

Daisy, Daisy, grow up! This time, listen to Mrs. Patmore.......
    I've been tired of him since he first showed up. I can only take so much angst...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i dont dislike bates but his story line taking place in a prison drags the story down. im ok w watching anna play harriet the spy but i dont need to see him in prison.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Thanks, that is interesting. I've heard that Dame Maggie wanted out too. But with her I can understand--it's so tiring. But of course, I wish she stays forever and outlives them all.
    And I can see the Dowager being easier to write out (if they really do aim for World War II they're practically going to HAVE to, if you take my meaning.)

And yes, when the Dowager walked across the hall in her mourning clothes I was like "Oh. THERE is where that Golden Globe came from. Two minutes of screen time right there." That was brilliant.

Thomas and Anna was so touching--they hate each other's guts, more or less. But I wasn't surprised at Thomas breaking down--even if they didn't do the greatest job showing it, he was working closely with Sybil and she really went to bat with him for that blind officer who killed himself.

Still, if I were going to kill one of the sisters, she's the obvious one as, since they're clearly just not gonna go too deep into Ireland right now, so...she's kind of boring. Mary and Matthew are facing the reality of being the next Earl and Countess and all that goes with it, Edith that would just be kicking the dog...Sybil, there's nowhere especially exciting to go and she's just too nice. And now we get Mary having promised to go to bat for her (assuming when she said it Sybil would be alive) as far as having the baby baptized and raised Catholic goes. Though honestly the Earl ought to shut up--first, it's TOM'S daughter, he can raise her however he wants, and second, as far as this situation goes he needs to keep his lip zipped. He has forfeited any right to say anything.

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Hope someone can help me.. I was too busy last night and missed the episode on PBS - I'm in Canada so can't watch it online.. does anyone please have a link for me to watch it I'm so sad I missed it
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Title-less
    vCash
    I think the main part of season three is to pile on Lord Grantham, first losing all the money, then mismanaging his estate and trusting the wrong doctor. Time has moved on and passed him by, and none of his pre wwi ideas was working

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    but there's something johnny foreigner about catholics!

that line cracked me up
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    Hope someone can help me.. I was too busy last night and missed the episode on PBS - I'm in Canada so can't watch it online.. does anyone please have a link for me to watch it I'm so sad I missed it
    Masterpiece Theatre repeats during the week. Check listings in your area. In my area, it was pledge break this weekend.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    in my market, last wk's episode will air at 8 pm on sun, then the new one is at 9 pm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Many British actors leave successful series mid-run, even without having somewhere else to go. There seems to be more of an inclination among British actors (as opposed to American ones) to favour variety over stability or longevity of a role.
    Absolutely. British actors leave extremely succesful series at the end of three years or so, most of the time with nothing as substantial in the horizon. They don't want to be typecast because of one beloved character they play. Series 3 of Downton Abbey did not provide many acting challenges for most of the actors, so that must have helped with their decisions too.

Likewise British production companies decide to end successful series at a meaningful point rather than carry on forever, which is admirable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    My local PBS affiliate (Seattle-KCTS) repeats tonight at 3 am and Sunday at 8. Definitely check your local listings.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Absolutely. British actors leave extremely succesful series at the end of three years or so, most of the time with nothing as substantial in the horizon. They don't want to be typecast because of one beloved character they play. Series 3 of Downton Abbey did not provide many acting challenges for most of the actors, so that must have helped with their decisions too.

Likewise British production companies decide to end successful series at a meaningful point rather than carry on forever, which is admirable.
    Unless of course you're "Last of the Summer Wine", which wound down after something like TWENTY-SEVEN YEARS. A lot of the cast left because of what TV Tropes likes to call "Actor Existence Failure."

vCash
    In this week's People Magazine there is an article about Downton. Fellows said that they will be filming season 4 starting in
    February and it will pick up just six months later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    In this week's People Magazine there is an article about Downton. Fellows said that they will be filming season 4 starting in February and it will pick up just six months later.
    Not surprising, but good news nonetheless!

Did the article say when it will actually air?

vCash
    I, too, am tired of Bates being in prison, and I hope Anna gets him out! They are one of my favorite couples on the show, and I want to see them together again--for real, though!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    I, too, am tired of Bates being in prison, and I hope Anna gets him out! They are one of my favorite couples on the show, and I want to see them together again--for real, though!
    I like Bates and Anna, too. But the prison scenes are getting terribly boring. I watched online this week (being at Nats made me totally forget to DVR it Sunday night!) and didn't catch all of the conversation between the guard and cell mate and thought...eh, I don't care. They need to get him out already and move on.
    Last edited by PDilemma; 01-30-2013 at 10:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I like Bates and Anna, too. But the prison scenes are getting terribly boring. I watched online this week (being at Nats made me totally forget to DVR it Sunday night!) and didn't catch all of the conversation between the guard and cell mate and thought...eh, I don't care. They need to get him out already and move on.
    yes!!! it seems to be dragging ON and ON... maybe nnow the lawyer has the pie under the nails info it will!! i am not loving it as much as the previous season

vCash
    I just finished watching the latest episode and I was sad. Poor Cora, I thought Elizabeth McGovern's acting was very good too. Sybil was the youngest but in so many ways she was the bravest of all the "upstairs" characters.

Sir Robert, perfect example of the arrogance of doctors. It is something to be said for a doctor like Dr. Clarkson who has had a patient for most of their lives. He knows her medical history and he would be able to recognize differences in a patient's behavior and changes in their body.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast