vCash

A whole new wardrobe

I only just realised that over the Xmas/NY break I managed to buy myself a whole new wardrobe for work. Totally unintentional. Just fortunate I found things I liked and fitted.

Anyone else been through that? It just feels good to have nice new clothes to wear and get inspired by.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I only just realised that over the Xmas/NY break I managed to buy myself a whole new wardrobe for work. Totally unintentional. Just fortunate I found things I liked and fitted.

Anyone else been through that? It just feels good to have nice new clothes to wear and get inspired by.
    Enjoy, wear them in health.

vCash
    I didn't buy a whole wardrobe, but I did buy some new clothes just before and just after Christmas. Got good deals on them. It does feel good to wear new clothes.

Enjoy your new wardrobe!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I didn't buy a whole wardrobe, but I did buy some new clothes just before and just after Christmas. Got good deals on them. It does feel good to wear new clothes.

Enjoy your new wardrobe!
    Enjoy yours too! I've been tempted by all of the great sales. But, with daughter's wedding coming in September, I have to behave .

vCash
    I didn't by an entirely new wardrobe, but I did just buy some new shirts. Three, all in nearly the same color, but different styles.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Enjoy yours too! I've been tempted by all of the great sales. But, with daughter's wedding coming in September, I have to behave .
    Is that so you can then misbehave at the wedding?
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I wish I had the money to accidentally buy a whole new wardrobe. lol I did, however, get quite a few new things between the stuff I got in NYC and what I got for Christmas so I shouldn't complain!

I've realized that I absolutely love shopping for fall and winter clothes. I am too thin to look good in anything summer, my twig legs and arms are just not cute. Much better to hide them in a nice sweater and good pair of jeans. lol Just one more reason to move up north where I can wear such clothes more than 2 weeks a year.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Hehe. I wear scrubs to work. Once in a while (like once or twice a year), I'll buy three or four new pairs of scrubs. "New wardrobe" for work, total cost less than $150. One of the perks of nursing!
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Is that so you can then misbehave at the wedding?
    Sort of. But, more that the wedding is eating up any money that would be available for a splurge. Got a new jacket for Christmas, but can't wear it until Spring.

vCash

I had to buy new wardrobe when I lost 30 lbs, last year. It was kind of fun to see just what size i could now fit in. I got mostly work clothes, since loose clothing is acceptable for everyday wear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    I had to buy new wardrobe when I lost 30 lbs, last year. It was kind of fun to see just what size i could now fit in. I got mostly work clothes, since loose clothing is acceptable for everyday wear.
    Mazel tov on losing weight. A new wardrobe really does wonders for morale and I find it helps keep me motivated to keep the weight off. (I also had to buy a new wardrobe after losing a lot, but that was five years ago)

vCash
    When you all lose weight and need smaller clothes, do you keep he bigger ones? I do. I am so worried I'll gain the weight back and ned them. Consequently, I have clothes that are 15 years old that I won't get rid of, just in case. Fact is, though, they're so out of style, I'd never wear them

vCash
    When you all lose weight and need smaller clothes, do you keep he bigger ones? I do. I am so worried I'll gain the weight back and ned them. Consequently, I have clothes that are 15 years old that I won't get rid of, just in case. Fact is, though, they're so out of style, I'd never wear them
    After that many years, they sometimes come back in style.

vCash
    Congrats on all the new wardrobe purchases & enjoy!

I was responsible over the holidays since I already have too many clothes, but I did find a cute Malandrino sweater on ebay and bought that. Can't say no to dark purple, and that was true for me well before it became a popular color a few years ago .

vCash
    I get called frequently to donate to Disabled Veterans, Leukemia Foundation, a local women's shelter, a local children's charity, and a local rescue animal facility so I only have clothes in my current size. If something was very expensive or it's a classic style I might keep it but generally I give away everything that I have outgrown or is too big. OTOH my husband won't get rid of anything. I sneak his stuff in the bag when he's not looking. Otherwise his closet would burst.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Well, I am this time. Five years ago I lost weight and ditched all my size 10-12 clothes. This time -- only a nine-pound loss but on me that's a lot -- I'm keeping all those fat pants in the back of the spare closet, because it was depressing and expensive to buy bigger ones as the weight slowly came back.

And let's face it, basic work slacks and blouses should be classic enough to last at least a few years.
    I deliberately bought cheap size 8 slacks for work....if I grow out of them again, no big loss. (As it were.)
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I get called frequently to donate to Disabled Veterans, Leukemia Foundation, a local women's shelter, a local children's charity, and a local rescue animal facility so I only have clothes in my current size. If something was very expensive or it's a classic style I might keep it but generally I give away everything that I have outgrown or is too big. OTOH my husband won't get rid of anything. I sneak his stuff in the bag when he's not looking. Otherwise his closet would burst.
    I do donate a lot of the clothes, now. I go through and decide what I'll never wear. Then I feel guilty for giving clothes that are so dated. There is a local Big Brothers, Big Sisters. I give old clothes to them. they sell the clothes and then use the money for the kids.

vCash
    the local women's shelters or half-way houses are always in need of clothing. The women usually don't mind if the clothes are a bit dated, because most of the time they have only what they left with or what someone has donated to them after leaving prison or drug/alcohol rehab. The rehab center (live in) that I do some volunteer work for always needs any type of clothing - jeans, sweaters, shirts, shoes, dress clothes, etc. The women are required to do job applications/interviews towards the end of their drug/alcohol treatment as part of entering the community. Many are in the court system and will not get their children back unless they have a job lined up.

I lost about 45 pounds (ask PrincessLeppard), left the workforce to take care of my grandchildren, and do not need much more than jeans, tees, sweaters, so I gave most of the clothes to charitable organizations. If I ever re-enter the work force, I have scrubs (waves to Kasey) or would need new clothing anyway because of the weight loss.