Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    I believe jdonavan posted about seeing Y/R's Skate Detroit SP (no public video, AFAIK). But that was back in July and I wouldn't expect most brand new teams to look competition ready so early in the season.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Add to that, last July was when she had been off for almost a season, and they had been together for four months.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Given the (un)reliability of your previous posts, it's not worth questioning you.
    I am not trying to be mysterious, I apologize If I have. Please refer to ANY of my postings regarding this team...They have all come to fruition. I was and am a fan of Caitlin Y. She was a beautiful breeze of talent that seemed to energize the entire US pair program. As we have seen in the past (many times) a bad breakup can suck the wind out of the sails so to speak. CarrieMarie did nutshell it for me. Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Where did Yankowskas/Reagan show this year? I doubt Denney/Coughlin would have looked all that great in a small, mall rink with a tree in the middle of the rink.
    Evora/Ladwig did this same show a few years back and it was stunning....sigh...Retired one year too early I guess

vCash
    I have hopes for Josh and Caitlyn. If I go on what she posts on instagram, I would say she is happy with her partnership with Josh. But I could wrong. Seeing them compete at Nationals would have made my month, but if they are not ready and want to make a big splash next year by skipping Nationals then that is the better route. Kinda wish Emily Samuelson did that, oh well. Staying together and sending positive vibes is the way to go. Isn't that part of the formula for a good pair, longevity?

vCash
    I kind of hoped that Caitlyn would skate with Themi Leftheris. Oh well, whomever she skates with, I wish her the best. She really is a lovely skater. Few US women have such good posture.

vCash
    2012 Skate For Hope: Video of Caitlin/Josh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfMIopayN4c

2012 Video of Caitlin skating with Lee Harris at tribute to his mom
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drDhOjpChMU

rink is unusual shape due to stage placement and curtain ...Caitlin looked to be in pretty good shape in these vids

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
    2012 Skate For Hope: Video of Caitlin/Josh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfMIopayN4c

2012 Video of Caitlin skating with Lee Harris at tribute to his mom
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drDhOjpChMU

rink is unusual shape due to stage placement and curtain ...Caitlin looked to be in pretty good shape in these vids

I don't think anyone is trying to say she is sitting at home on her couch eating bon-bons. She is a naturally thin girl. I think the point trying to be made is that they most likely were not in competitive shape due to injury, lack of training due to injury, and lack of competitive experience, so this withdrawl isn't a big suprise. It would be unrealistic to think that they would be ready for Nationals with all the time they sat out in the fall, especially considering they are a brand new team. I don't think anyone is disputing an injury, but perhaps there were other factors to this withdrawl as well. It's really doesn't matter at this point. It is what it is. It's too bad as I would have enjoyed seeing them in Omaha.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234