Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Yankowskas/Reagan, Parsons/Parsons have withdrawn from 2013 US Nationals

Just tweeted by @USFigureSkating.

Ice dance siblings Rachel & Michael Parsons won their first international medal (bronze) at the JGP in Zagreb, Croatia this past fall, and were contenders for the Junior World team. My hearsay info is that he is injured. . Their official site: http://www.parsons.ice-dance.com/

Re-posting from the 2013 US Nationals forum:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Oh no, that's really too bad for the Parsons. I was greatly looking forward to a fantastic battle between Hawayek/Baker, Parsons/Parsons, and McNamara/Carpenter for the two junior worlds spots after Aldridge/Eaton.
    ETA that the new fill-up rule for pair and dance teams does not apply because there are now 12 Junior dance teams at Nationals (due to Aldridge/Eaton's JGPF bye). If there had been 11, I believe the 5th place Jr. dance team at Pacific Coasts could have replaced Parsons/Parsons.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-08-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Sigh. It looks like things just aren't going to happen for Caitlin. Maybe next season, but she's already lost two years. Sigh.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Just tweeted by @USFigureSkating.

Ice dance siblings Rachel & Michael Parsons won their first international medal (bronze) at the JGP in Zagreb, Croatia this past fall, and were contenders for the Junior World team. My hearsay info is that he is injured. . Their official site: http://www.parsons.ice-dance.com/
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I hope he gets better soon.
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Sigh. It looks like things just aren't going to happen for Caitlin. Maybe next season, but she's already lost two years. Sigh.
    I was just going to say that, I wonder what is going on.

vCash
    Y/R have been very mysterious all year. There has been some talk of injuries, but my feeling is that they just aren't ready yet...

Wonder if they'll stay together; I kind of doubt it.

vCash
    IS it still a rib injury for him? Any details?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    IS it still a rib injury for him? Any details?
    I haven't heard anything yet about Y/R. Maybe there will be a public statement later.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    That will be tough for Caitlin to recover from two lost seasons. You do have to wonder what is going on with the partnership.

vCash
    really sad for caitlin; with d/b out of the way, the field is very open behind c/s.
    i so badly want to see her back, it was just a joy to watch her in the olympic season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    really sad for caitlin; with d/b out of the way, the field is very open behind c/s.
    i so badly want to see her back, it was just a joy to watch her in the olympic season.
    It is sad that Yankowkas can't get her pairs career on track. She is one of the few US ladies that is an elegant pairs skater. I hope next season will be better for her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    It is sad that Yankowkas can't get her pairs career on track. She is one of the few US ladies that is an elegant pairs skater. I hope next season will be better for her.
    Totally. IMO she is currently the best North American pair skater. It is such a shame that she just can get a good break from her career because of partner issues.

vCash
    Darn, I was so hoping that Y/R would make a splash at Nationals and get back on track for Sochi.
    Caitlin is such a lovely skater. She has experienced her share of bad luck. Such a shame.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    On FB US Figure Skating posted that all the withdrawals were due to injury. No further details were posted though.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Man just when i thought at the beginning of this season the US was getting depth back in Pairs it's really thin now with all these injuries and breakups.

vCash
    Sad. (((US Pairs competition this year)))
    improving my ballad- like lines

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Not that it's any surprise, given his surgery in December, but Denney/Coughlin are officially out:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...ampions-caydee
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    WOW! At this point, are there even any pairs left to compete at Nationals? No D/C, no M/B, no Amanda Evora, no Y/R, no P/P, and there are probably more that I'm not up to speed on. Sad!

vCash
    Parsons/Parsons are a Junior ice dance team. Yes, there are still some decent Senior pairs left scheduled to compete.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    So now the very real possibility comes into play that the US may only qualify one pairs team to the Olympics next season.

vCash
    I rather doubt that will happen.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast