Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Re-registered User
    vCash
    The key point for me

Spoiler

‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    I finished, and I'm very ambivalent too. I assume we're stuck with the new character POVs because it's easier for Sanderson to write the ones Jordan never wrote, but it does leave me feeling rather cheated. I don't give a tiny rat's ass about Gawyn or Galad and while I didn't mind Pevara & Androl or Talmanes, I would've rather read Nynaeve, Moiraine and Siuan. 700 pages of endless battle descriptions and

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    Ummm. . . . Not really.

Spoiler

I think

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    The key point for me

Spoiler

I certainly hope so. I really wish the book had spent some of the 700 pages it spent on battles trying to resolve that issue, or at least starting to resolve it. As it stand the very last thing said on the topic is that

Spoiler

. I also wish they'd spent a little more time resolving

Spoiler

It seems like a lot of people hated the epilogue, but that played out pretty much exactly as I thought it would

Spoiler

. My biggest gripe was probably the Sharans.

Spoiler

It left a bad taste in my mouth.

The fate of Padan Fain and Alanna also felt like afterthoughts.

In all I thought it was an okay end to the series, but it really drove home how the last three books could've been 2 with some editing and how much I would've liked Jordan to finish his series himself. I'm not sure I'd re-read the series again, even if I still love the first 6 books.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I hope that readers who meet him give him many thanks. I've read his blog and am impressed by his dedication to his readers. He feels it is his duty to deliver a book every two years and sometimes writes 18 hours a day. He published the first book of his own major series in between completing WOT - I forget the title now, but it was excellent. In fact, discovering Sanderson was even more exciting to me than knowing he would wrap up WOT. The Mistborn series was wonderful.
    It was a GREAT event! HUGE turnout, the fans were fun, and Brandon was so accomodating to them all. A nice surprise was having Harriet MacDougal (Jordan's widow and editor of the entire series) and Maria Simons (Jordan's assistant and "continuity editor") along for the event too!

Re-registered User
    vCash
    It must be a relief for them to finally be able to answer any question with Jordan's answer or plotting. A lifetime of answering "Wait and see," has ended. It would be so much fun to go a fan event. I envy you.

More gripes upon reflection:

Spoiler

Things I liked:

Spoiler

‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12