vCash

My Skating Dream.

Say,I'm not sure of were to actually put this. But with it being On-Ice-Skater Related,I guess it can go here....Anyway I must say that NEVER have I had a Skating Dream so.....clear!!!!...So I just thought Id share it with everyone....

I was in an Arena at a Competition,actually competing with other Skaters!!! We were all on the Ice (this Rink was like a Stage) each with a Partner that we had for curtain parts of the Competion (I had a friend I knew who was helping through the Competition),as well as doing Programs of our own. Both a Long and Short Program. I don't know exactly what I got for scores. As the marks were too far away in my Dream to even read. I'm not sure either if we we using the 0.6 System,or todays modern Scoring. I was also waiting in the stands with Spectators,rather then a Kiss and Cry for my turn to Skate. At one point in the Dream,I didn't know in some way that I was suposed to be on Ice for my Freskate. As I do believe I was never informed. But went down after I checked with somebody. I'm not sure if I won or not btw. LOL.

Anyone else with a Skating Dream to share?

vCash
    I’ve had quite a lot skating dreams so far, mostly about my practice – and in my dreams I skate much better than in real life! But apart from that these dreams were quite “normal”.

However, two or three years ago I had a really crazy dream, when I dreamed about being Elena Berezhnaya. And about skating with Anton Sikharulize, who made me do huuuge throw jumps. And I landed them! I was scared in that dream, but hey you may get scared if you suddenly have to land triple throws when you were only used to do single jumps in real life just a few hours ago.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    I was scared the first time I ever did throw singles . You're up a lot higher and cover way more distance than you're used to, so that takes some adjusting.

I used to have a recurring dream about a tiger in a tutu. Not Tony from cereal commercials, or anything similar, but an actual tiger. And he'd occasionally skate.

vCash
    I have had many skating dreams. When I competed I would always dream before a competition that I forgot all the steps or was late. The odd time I will have a dream of my brother and I still skating. Recently I dreamt that Tracy Wilson joined my synchro team and she was going to get Brian Orser to come out and join it too because it was so much fun.

vCash
    I've had a few, especially when I've been injured and off the ice for an extended period.

The most vivid one I ever had came on New Year's - alcohol gives me very vivid dreams. I dreamed that I was skating in our rink's gala show which we have every year. The ice was melting (like normal in summer), there was a fair bit of water on the surface. I was rushing because I was late. The skater before me somehow turned out to be Jason Brown (wtf), who did a three-jump combo so close to the boards he clipped one with his skate. I skated and fell on my butt, of course.

I think the most startling thing about it was that it was a tactile dream. I could feel the ice under the blades, the water on the rink, the movement, fabric under my fingertips. Rather freaky. I never dream like that.

vCash
    I dont generally dream about skating so much, however, if I lucid dream, Ill go for a skate and bust out a few triple axles

vCash
    I sometimes have dreams about skating. In fact, even during all the years I didn't skate, I still had skating dreams. Sometimes I've had dreams in which I'd be skating outside in the street, and would jump up and fly through the air with like 10 revolutions every jump. Fantastic dreams!