vCash

Johnny Weir on Celebrity Cook Off: Guy v. Rachel

I didn't see this anywhere else, and I'm not sure quite where it goes, so I thought I'd put it here. I'm not fond of Guy Fieri and Rachel Ray, but I figured I'd watch so long as Johnny Weir was on.

It starts tonight at 9/8 central on Food TV.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/rachael-v...off/index.html

Johnny is on Team Guy with Chili from TLC and two people I've never heard of. Rachael's team has Gilbert Gottfried and people that look vaguely familiar.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Barf. Rachael and Guy together make me want to poke my eyes out. I'll probably still watch it though. I'm such a sucker for this sh*t.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I will watch so I can root for Johnny.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Johnny better hope his team wins because his dish seemed to easily be the weakest on his team.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Alright, spoil me, East Coasters! It's on at 9 pm Pacific time but I want to know what happens.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Johnny is safe because Guy's team won, but he's clearly the weak link on the team. Gilbert Gottfried was the overly obvious first sacrificial lamb.

And we've learned, once again, people like meat and fat, not veggies and strange oils.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

...an acquired taste
    vCash
    Blech.

vCash
    Best of luck to Johnny, but I cannot watch anything with Guy Fieri in it. That man stomps on my last nerve with a combat boot.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Anyone who's been on a low fat, restricted sodium diet for so long is bound to have his palate changed. It will be interesting to see if Johnny starts tasting his teammate's food and can adapt to what the judges expect. Hockey pucks won't cut it, even if they taste fine to him.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Too bad it cannot be decided by who looks the hottest with their cooked creation...

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I know who Johnny Weir, Carnie Wilson, Hines Ward, Kathy Najimy, and Gilbert Godfried are. I also know who Cornelia Guest is! She was the Deb of the Decade in the 80s when I lived in NYC. She was all over the NY gossip columns. I met her at a ballet party once - she was perfectly nice.

I have no idea who Chilli or Dean McDermott are.

What is Hines Ward doing on this? His DWTS gig propelled him into NFL commentary so he's busy. I guess they must have filmed this a while ago? Before Johnny started training seriously?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Chili = member of singing/rap group TLC (their biggest hit was "Waterfalls")

Dean McDermott = cheating slimy weasel Tori Spelling's husband and "co-star" of their far too numerous reality shows
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I know who Johnny Weir, Carnie Wilson, Hines Ward, Kathy Najimy, and Gilbert Godfried are. I also know who Cornelia Guest is! She was the Deb of the Decade in the 80s when I lived in NYC. She was all over the NY gossip columns. I met her at a ballet party once - she was perfectly nice.

I have no idea who Chilli or Dean McDermott are.

What is Hines Ward doing on this? His DWTS gig propelled him into NFL commentary so he's busy. I guess they must have filmed this a while ago? Before Johnny started training seriously?
    The show was filmed last June in Los Angeles

vCash
    Ha ha, it was a fun episode. I haven't seen this show before, but I've watched Guy's and Rachael's individual shows. I'm only watching this one to see Johnny!

Johnny was really funny throughout the show, no surprise. The end of his team's dinner theater skit when Dean McDermott surprised Johnny with more than just a peck on the cheek was a great highlight! So Johnny's team with Guy Fieri had the best meal in singer Chili's pita tilapia, and the best theater skit. Dean's skirt steak was also delish according to the crowd. Unfortunately, Cornelia Guest's veg chili dish was a bit bland and Johnny's chicken meatballs were too dense and lacked juicy flavor.

It always goes against a contestant if they don't listen to the expert. Guy is a master chef and he warned Johnny about over-mixing his chicken before cooking it, because the fat would be cooked out if it was over-mixed. Johnny made a conscious decision to go against Guy's judgment re the over-mixing, and he also apparently poured in too much oil. Guess the lesson is a little fat in a chicken meatball doesn't hurt the flavor, but too much fat for a skater might spell disaster on the ice.

Johnny is lucky that his team won overall this episode, or else he'd have been in a blind-tasting snack cook-off with Cornelia Guest. From what I saw, I think the best team won and the less talented "cook" went home in the end.

Blergh
    vCash
    I tried watching an episode during the first season, and I found it to be utterly boring. Has it improved at all in that respect?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I tried watching an episode during the first season, and I found it to be utterly boring. Has it improved at all in that respect?
    No. I gave up on the first season and only watched the first episode of this season for Johnny. Rachel and Guy are :scream, especially Guy.

Anyway, there is just too much other good TV on Sunday nights, so this show is relegated to on-demand for me. Until Johnny gets eliminated, then I probably won't even bother. And I love cooking competition shows!
    Creating drama!

vCash
    I never watched before and I'm not ashamed to say I'm only watchimg for Johnny