Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Have D/W discussed retiring after Sochi? I know V/M have spoken openly about a likely retirement but I hadn't heard as much from D/W although I'm new to the boards so I might have missed somehting

vCash
    I am not even going to go down the road thinking about how next year at this time we'll be at the point of saying good bye to at least one of these teams, and quite likely both. I am going into my own bubble and am not coming out of it anytime soon so reality can just take a vacation from me

Of course, I was gutted when one of my other favourite teams -- Bourne & Kratz -- retired many years ago. I followed Marie-France & Patrice but not quite as intently as B/K, but did love their chemistry on and off the ice.

I will miss these guys terribly but there are a few teams that I enjoy and will be pulling for -- and yeah, they are from North America! That would be Weaver/Poje and the Shibs. I really like these two teams and they may endear themselves to me as much as all those I listed above. What will be interesting is watching these two teams who are from different camps!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I am not even going to go down the road thinking about how next year at this time we'll be at the point of saying good bye to at least one of these teams, and quite likely both. I am going into my own bubble and am not coming out of it anytime soon so reality can just take a vacation from me

Of course, I was gutted when one of my other favourite teams -- Bourne & Kratz -- retired many years ago. I followed Marie-France & Patrice but not quite as intently as B/K, but did love their chemistry on and off the ice.

I will miss these guys terribly but there are a few teams that I enjoy and will be pulling for -- and yeah, they are from North America! That would be Weaver/Poje and the Shibs. I really like these two teams and they may endear themselves to me as much as all those I listed above. What will be interesting is watching these two teams who are from different camps!
    I wish SOI and like programs were more popular now so we know we'd see them after they retire. I have to say that 4CC was really not fun when you love both teams. I'm happy for D/W but frankly scared for V/M if her legs give her trouble. I hope it was just a cramp and nothing more. That said I know that sort of cramping is agony. I give them credit for finishing. Weaver/Poje have a bright future---it is nice to hear compliments for the Shibs. I've heard more negative than positive lately. I've enjoyed them so far.

vCash
    I just saw the Shibs gala ex from 4CC's. What a fine, light touch they have with comedy! Surely there are some good programs for them out there...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I just saw the Shibs gala ex from 4CC's. What a fine, light touch they have with comedy! Surely there are some good programs for them out there...
    I really hope they bounce back next year! Love the Shibs!

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren329 View Post
    Have D/W discussed retiring after Sochi? I know V/M have spoken openly about a likely retirement but I hadn't heard as much from D/W although I'm new to the boards so I might have missed somehting
    I don't think they've really talked about retiring, just about how 2014 Olympic Gold is their goal. The rest has been, iirc, pure speculation and assumption.

vCash
    more Shib love here. I really hope things can come together for them because they are immensely talented.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    What a nice thread... I don't usually enter the trashcan but wanted to add my appreciation for both dance teams, having watched V&M as little kids and seeing them pass several of their tests it's been a great journey to watch.. But what has made me a true fan is the competition between Davis and White and Virtue and Moir - this competition is what made me a dance fan and each year I go back and forth with which dance I like the best - typically I will enjoy one teams short and another teams long.. But both teams bring a great fusion of both technique and artistry that has made many, many fans worldwide. I hope both teams skate to the best of their abilities at Worlds..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123