Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Wow what a great idea! I admt I've kinda been laying low/avoiding the threads on V/M and D/W because frankly it's starting to prevent me from enjoying it anymore. I'm actually starting to feel negative about figure skating and I don't wanna feel that way I've loved it for 20 years. So when things get outta hand this may be a safe haven so thanks!
    Absolutely agree. Sometimes all this negativity makes people forget that in the first place this is a sport and not a war.

vCash
    I had pipe dreams that with either Shibs or W/P we might actually see an all North American sweep at Sochi in dance, Patrick in men's and Ashley in Ladies, but I'll settle for just being able to see some magnificent skating and DMVW winning joint gold

vCash
    I hear you: It is too bad they have to break ties (should they occur.) I'd love double Gold for them.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    With the Olympics a year away, I thought I'd bring this back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ4lYo53Hg0

Makes me smile like a crazy person.

vCash
    Oh that is wonderful and those weren't polite little pecks. Sincere, sweet and joyous hugging it out...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Oh that is wonderful and those weren't polite little pecks. Sincere, sweet and joyous hugging it out...
    Yes, that was wonderful to see. But, unfortunately, It doesn't seem believable that they still have that kind of relationship now .

Anyway, congratulations to both Tessa/Scott and Meryl/Charlie for great skates at SD .

vCash
    I'm delighted to be a "fan" of both teams; and will continue to support them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Yes, that was wonderful to see. But, unfortunately, It doesn't seem believable that they still have that kind of relationship now .
    Oh, I hope that's not true. Scott squeezing Meryl for about an hour is the cutest thing.

Although there's no doubt that the Olympics will have a different meaning for both teams next year, after all they've been through.

vCash
    Their intertwined history is fascinating and I think it must be tough to know your biggest competitors are people you trained with all of these years. I know they both want the same thing so badly. As a fan of both I leave the relationships to them and want to enjoy ice dancing at it's finest.

vCash
    Thanks for starting this, Cachoo! I love, love, love both teams, and have followed their entire senior careers. I still enjoy both uber threads, but the nastiness from a few of the ubers from both sides (I completely disagree that one side is responsible for most of it, and I do not see why a whole thread community should be blamed for the actions of a few, especially when they have tried to separate themselves from that kind of behaviour) can kinda ruin it for me and several others at times. I am fine with negative comments about the skating, but I really hate seeing personal attacks on the skaters and insults directed at entire groups of fans. This will be the perfect place to go when things turn ugly, and it is cool to be ale to gush about these teams simultaneously.

vCash
    So far both teams have been smart enough to understand and appreciate how much they need each other to keep motivation levels high. I believe they also have a very deep respect for each others' abilities and work ethic. I know I do. Whether or not they are BFFs day in and day out is totally irrelevant.

We are so very lucky to witness this level of ice dancing. Aside from their remarkable talent, both teams are wonderful ambassadors of their sport. I love them both.

vCash
    okay ...

if you want news about d/w and don't want to go into the d/w thread and news about v/m and don't want to go into the v/m thread, then i'd recommend the blogs.

grace's d/w blog - meryl-charlie.com
    my v/m blog - compulsorydances.blogspot.com

we find and post all the photos, videos, articles . . . but we don't bash the other team. you can read our blogs without having to put your defences up. grace celebrates d/w's success. i celebrate v/m's success. we're busy recording this time in history for our favourite teams and if i can speak for her, it's not worth it to bring drama.
    Last edited by iggie; 02-09-2013 at 05:16 AM.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    As an American, of course I lean just a bit D/W's way, but I'm just glad to see North America dominating ice dance!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    okay ...

if you want news about d/w and don't want to go into the d/w thread and news about v/m and don't want to go into the v/m thread, then i'd recommend the blogs.

we find and post all the photos, videos, articles . . . but we don't bash the other team. you can read our blogs without having to put your defences up. grace celebrates d/w's success. i celebrate v/m's success. we're busy recording this time in history for our favourite teams and if i can speak for her, it's not worth it to bring drama.
    That's a perfect philosophy.

vCash
    okay ...

Iggie, I just want you to know that I appreciate all the work you and Grace do recording all this stuff! Thank you for celebrating your favorite team in such a wonderful way.

vCash
    take my hat off them . both teams.
    keep it up. they great job both of them are doing.

vCash
    okay ...

This is fantastic--Thank you.

vCash
    I am happy for D/W. I am worried for V/M and hope they are okay. The beauty of the race: These two teams going all out with wonderful programs. But I think the reality is that heartbreak is hard to watch. Re Meryl: She is tiny but so strong. I honestly didn't see how strong until this year. For Tessa and Scott--I look at 4CC as something of a tune-up. If something was to go wrong better here than Worlds. The scoring is so close that it really comes to the judging panel for each contest. Sometimes I think of the pairs G/G and D/M and think it seemed impossible to say that one was better than the other. I have that problem with these two teams. Eternally happy that I am not a judge...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    I'm going to be openly weeping when they both retire.
    I was thinking that as well.

vCash
    Yes, the "one year before Sochi" stuff has already been published. I should be looking forward to it, but I'm not, really, since it may mean the last amateur performances by both teams.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast