Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The D-M-V-W Love Thread

Perhaps I'm wrong but I feel like there is this still polite, little war raging between the supporters of D/W and V/M. In the separate threads there appears to be all of this lobbying for each ice dance team. I wanted a place to go that appreciates both teams. Sometimes it is not who comes out on top but the beauty of the race. We are blessed to have four excellent ice dancers from North America who bring different qualities to the sport. I think their coach has done a fine job of showcasing what is special about each team. I am glad I am not a judge.
    Anyway my love and support to all of them. They are wonderful.

vCash
    What a great thread to rejoice in the talents of two of the greatest dancers in FS history!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Perhaps I'm wrong but I feel like there is this still polite, little war raging between the supporters of D/W and V/M. In the separate threads there appears to be all of this lobbying for each ice dance team. I wanted a place to go that appreciates both teams. Sometimes it is not who comes out on top but the beauty of the race. We are blessed to have four excellent ice dancers from North America who bring different qualities to the sport. I think their coach has done a fine job of showcasing what is special about each team. I am glad I am not a judge.
    Anyway my love and support to all of them. They are wonderful.
    Ah Cachoo, what a wonderful idea! This is the nicest thread I've seen in a long time! I will be attending world's in London and was planning to wear a t-shirt that says "I love Virtue/White" on one side and "I love Davis/Moir" on the other. Haven't done it but it would be fun!

vCash
    I think that is a great idea Scrufflet: Have fun in London too!

vCash
    I kind of lost interest in Ice Dance since CoP has been introduced, but V/M and D/V are among the few couples who I still like to watch and whose battle for me still makes Ice Dance interesting to watch. So I also like a the idea of a thread being devoted to both of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    I am glad I am not a judge.
    ^^ This.

vCash
    I have been tempted soooooo many times to start this thread! Thank you for starting it!

Virtue and Moir are my absolute favourite and I have loved them since seeing them win junior Nationals. But I really appreciate Davis and White as well and have since seeing them at Skate Canada in 2006. I adore so many of their programs! I love reading about both teams but feel like some kind of double agent going into the 2 uber threads sometimes. And I don't want to go in there to defend the other team but when people get nasty I feel weird when I don't. (I have to admit this happens way more in the VM thread)

Anyhow - more to the point - what lucky fans we are to be able to watch both these teams! They both have incredible work ethic and ambition and are among very few teams that have stayed together for so long. This has given both teams a one-ness that is a sight to behold IMO. I am grateful for them both - just as I am thankful I get to watch both Takahashi and Chan.

At the Olympics I remember seeing both dance teams and in the practice sessions I couldn't help but notice that their out of this world speed and their command of edges and the ice in general put them in a league of their own there. And that was with slightly crippled Tessa! (I do understand that both DS teams were not at their best)

I am so very looking forward to seeing them both again at Worlds this year!

vCash
    Wow what a great idea! I admt I've kinda been laying low/avoiding the threads on V/M and D/W because frankly it's starting to prevent me from enjoying it anymore. I'm actually starting to feel negative about figure skating and I don't wanna feel that way I've loved it for 20 years. So when things get outta hand this may be a safe haven so thanks!

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    I'm going to be openly weeping when they both retire.

vCash
    Cachoo, This was a great idea for a thread.

@The Accordion, How lucky you were to be able to see V&M and D&W at the Olympics, along with the other teams.

vCash
    Thanks for a great thread idea. I am dreading the retirement of these 2 wonderful teams. I love their skating, and am so grateful for the remaining perfomrances that we will be lucky enough to see.

vCash

vCash
    objectively speaking, i dont see the polite wars and the lobbying described by the OP so im scratching my head right know. i see a lot of good discussions and loving posts about these dancers, instead. i've seen much worse in this board. lets not throw away all the care and thought that the fans have put in those threads just because some of them dont adore both teams.

vCash
    Detente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    Ah Cachoo, what a wonderful idea! This is the nicest thread I've seen in a long time! I will be attending world's in London and was planning to wear a t-shirt that says "I love Virtue/White" on one side and "I love Davis/Moir" on the other. Haven't done it but it would be fun!
    That's a neat idea. Go for it!

Lovely to see fans able to enjoy both teams. Have to agree with The Accordion that most of the vitriol (at least that I've seen) has been in the V/M uber thread, so I usually don't go there anymore. D/W uber thread mostly has a lot of free-spirited cheering and fun posts celebrating D/W. Will be nice to come here and hopefully find admiring comments about both teams.

vCash
    I am so happy to see this thread.. For so very many years North America seemed not to get very far in ice dance. Now we have not just these two teams, but many other youngsters coming up the ranks. It is a lovely idea, IMHO, to celebrate the supremacy of North America (not Canada v. USA as we seem to do) in this amazing discipline :cheers2:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    objectively speaking, i dont see the polite wars and the lobbying described by the OP so im scratching my head right know. i see a lot of good discussions and loving posts about these dancers, instead. i've seen much worse in this board. lets not throw away all the care and thought that the fans have put in those threads just because some of them dont adore both teams.
    Fair enough---I may be reading something that is not there and I hate to quibble about it. What I want most is a thread that shows the love for both teams. It will be a sad day when they all move on.

vCash
    They're both great teams, and I want them both to do well! Thrilled about the ascendency of NA ice dancing (yes, there are European dance teams that I really like too).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    That's a neat idea. Go for it!

Lovely to see fans able to enjoy both teams. Have to agree with The Accordion that most of the vitriol (at least that I've seen) has been in the V/M uber thread, so I usually don't go there anymore. D/W uber thread mostly has a lot of free-spirited cheering and fun posts celebrating D/W. Will be nice to come here and hopefully find admiring comments about both teams.
    That's the spirit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    That's the spirit.
    Addicted to FSU

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast