Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by naan View Post
    It's just a matter of personal preference and taste. I might be killed but have to say that Kwan was nothing for me. She is a really great skater and I deeply respect her as a skater and a person, but I didn't get all of the gushing about her.
    Naan, what's wrong with you?! You're crazy!! How can you not like the Kween?! That's it, you're banished!! Banished from FSU, banished from watching figure skating...you're under house arrest! Never come out! No, better yet get thee to the nearest tower and lock yourself in! It'll just be you and Quasimodo up there...how dare you not worship at the feet of the Kwan!? Oh, the horror! The injustice! Oh! *faints*

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by a56 View Post
    For an "admin," you are extremely rude at times. I know there is a level of snarkiness that is acceptable on this forum, but you really cross the line at times and become trollish. Why can't you be mature like other admins?
    Are you seriously asking me about rudeness and maturity when you're defending lowtherlore and what it said to Aussie Willy?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Are you seriously asking me about rudeness and maturity when you're defending lowtherlore and what it said to Aussie Willy?
    HA!

vCash
    Now I can feel Yuna came back and Olympic season is coming! Every Yuna thread ends up

It's just a matter of personal preference and taste. I might be killed but have to say that Kwan was nothing for me. She is a really great skater and I deeply respect her as a skater and a person, but I didn't get all of the gushing about her. There are some great skaters who are nothing for me - Mao, Plushy, Witt, etc. I respect them a lot, but I don't get them at all. It's not their faults, it's just everybody has different taste and preference. Some might be surprised that I was more moved by Patrick than Kurt
    Yuna is the only skater who moved me deeply in ladies. I can feel her emotions and her heart. I got teared up when I saw her Les Mis. Personally it was better than Gershwin program. Her Gershwin was brilliant, but I didn't feel anything from her performance. However, I was deeply moved by this program and it is one of her best programs to me.
    Some people often complain that Yuna doesn't point her toes, but I was never distracted by it. I think her lines and positions are fine, her upper body movements are one of the bests. I don't like skaters who have stiff upper body movements or no face expressions just as someone can't stand skaters who have ugly feet. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and aesthetic point of view is all subjective, so we can't say who is right or who is wrong.
    Yuna fans have to accept that not everyone can love her or be moved by her. And what does it matter if anyone is Asian or Australian? It's ridiculous! I hope other fans also respect Yuna fans, too. You don't need to be sarcastic or laugh at others who think their favorite skater is artistic.
    For me, Kwan is like a great 'cheerleader' of figure skating, and the north American style of figure skating is besides a bit cheerleading on ice. What Yuna brings to figure skating is quite different; she is more of an introspective skater. If I go Hollywood on this, I'd say Yuna is Nicole Kidmann, icy and stoic yet vulnerable and sensitive, and Kwan, Julia Roberts, a sweetheart with a huge grin. I 'like' Kwan while I am 'fascinated' by Kim.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theguitarist View Post
    If I go Hollywood on this, I'd say Yuna is Nicole Kidmann, icy and stoic yet vulnerable and sensitive, and Kwan, Julia Roberts, a sweetheart with a huge grin. I 'like' Kwan while I am 'fascinated' by Kim.
    To borrow a quote from Laurence Olivier, Michelle is the orange and Yu-Na is the lemon.

And we all know there's no point in comparing lemons and oranges, don't we?
    Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Naan, what's wrong with you?! You're crazy!! How can you not like the Kween?! That's it, you're banished!! Banished from FSU, banished from watching figure skating...you're under house arrest! Never come out! No, better yet get thee to the nearest tower and lock yourself in! It'll just be you and Quasimodo up there...how dare you not worship at the feet of the Kwan!? Oh, the horror! The injustice! Oh! *faints*

LMAO. Not every person who doesn't think Kween is a heavenly creature or the goddess of figure skating is Russian. Although OTOH I do strongly suspect that a lot of the Kween fanaticism is strongly tied to patriotism. You are so ridiculously deluded. Get out there and watch more figure skating would help?!
    And I want to ask you this: Are you ethnically Asian? I’m asking this WITHOUT ANY racist intent. And if you’re uncomfortable with this, no need to reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theguitarist View Post
    For me, Kwan is like a great 'cheerleader' of figure skating, and the north American style of figure skating is besides a bit cheerleading on ice. What Yuna brings to figure skating is quite different; she is more of an introspective skater. If I go Hollywood on this, I'd say Yuna is Nicole Kidmann, icy and stoic yet vulnerable and sensitive, and Kwan, Julia Roberts, a sweetheart with a huge grin. I 'like' Kwan while I am 'fascinated' by Kim.
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    To borrow a quote from Laurence Olivier, Michelle is the orange and Yu-Na is the lemon.

And we all know there's no point in comparing lemons and oranges, don't we?
    Great comparison!

vCash
    LMAO. Not every person who doesn't think Kween is a heavenly creature or the goddess of figure skating is Russian. Although OTOH I do strongly suspect that a lot of the Kween fanaticism is strongly tied to patriotism. You are so ridiculously deluded. Get out there and watch more figure skating would help?!
    And I want to ask you this: Are you ethnically Asian? I’m asking this WITHOUT ANY racist intent. And if you’re uncomfortable with this, no need to reply.

LMAO!!

I swear, it's so ridiculous!

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    Of course ethnic background or nationality doesn’t matter in voicing his/her opinion. I was asking Aussie Willy if she's of Asian descent, because she shares the pattern and repetition of the motivated Mao/Japan bots who frequent Yu-Na threads, thus giving me suspicion if she’s ethnic Japanese unlike her nickname suggests. And she hasn’t answered yet. No insulting intended.
    Anyone familiar with my posting history (though I don't post often) will see that I'm a committed Yuna fan.

You've got to stop, take a deep breath, and get a grip. The ungodly shrillness of your conspiracy theories is scaring my dog.

Yes, there are annoying unreasonable haters and/or sly baiters associated with all the major skaters, and yes, I think Yuna generally comes in for more than her fair share, and yes, there are even examples in this thread (though maybe that just comes with the territory of being the current alpha female in figure skating).

But Aussie Willie, in my view, is not one of them, not by a long shot. Her posting history gives her prima facie credibility, for starters, and it should be respected. In my view, she qualifies as knowledgeable just based on her posts; she is a lot more knowledgeable than you. Second, although I may not agree with all of her analyses, judgments, or choice of expressions, and there are times when I think she is flat-out wrong, she makes good-faith and conscientious efforts to explain her point of view, and then listen/revise/clarify based on other poster responses (or at least she did, before you started to systematically erode the tone of this thread). The kind of stuff that one would expect in a good discussion among attractively intelligent and reasonable people.

Even if she were somehow ethnically related to Japan (although apparently she is not), what of it? This is, as you acknowledge, the internet. It is not foreign policy. Given the nature of online discussion, it is not your right to require that any poster share any personal information with you. The unspoken etiquette is that every poster is addressed on an individual basis, and based on what they choose to say.

I must protest in the strongest possible terms your crude efforts at a kind of ethnic profiling, which I find equally odious whether the situation is the sale of a house to certain people in certain neighborhoods based on what are thought to be certain prevalent characteristics, or in a figure skating forum. (That being said, there are similar posts from the other side of the aisle in this thread, like one of Shine's. I don't know what his problem is either). I certainly would not want others to judge all Yuna fans by some of your posts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    I would be more convinced if you didn't add 'Erm' and the '?'

Erm = doubt, uncertainty, processing, should i lie or tell the truth.
    ? = I want to see what I can get away with so I am just going to lie anyway, because I just can't just stand the idea Yuna may beat my Goddess Carolina... just Nooooo!! So I obsessively troll all her threads trying to put her down.

Good job carry on
    You see, I was very confused and caught off guard by what you were trying to convey in your posts with those expressions, and hence the "Erm" and the "?" were obviously in response to your "?!" and " ". Now, will you please provide a formal defition for those as well?
    Last edited by shine; 01-10-2013 at 04:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    You see, I was very confused and caught off guard by what you were trying to convey in your posts with those expressions, and hence the "Erm" and the "?" were obviously in response to your "?!" and " ". Now, will you please provide a formal defition for those as well?
    $&%£*#~?!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeye View Post
    Anyone familiar with my posting history (though I don't post often) will see that I'm a committed Yuna fan.

You've got to stop, take a deep breath, and get a grip. The ungodly shrillness of your conspiracy theories is scaring my dog.

Yes, there are annoying unreasonable haters and/or sly baiters associated with all the major skaters, and yes, I think Yuna generally comes in for more than her fair share, and yes, there are even examples in this thread (though maybe that just comes with the territory of being the current alpha female in figure skating).

But Aussie Willie, in my view, is not one of them, not by a long shot. Her posting history gives her prima facie credibility, for starters, and it should be respected. In my view, she qualifies as knowledgeable just based on her posts; she is a lot more knowledgeable than you. Second, although I may not agree with all of her analyses, judgments, or choice of expressions, and there are times when I think she is flat-out wrong, she makes good-faith and conscientious efforts to explain her point of view, and then listen/revise/clarify based on other poster responses (or at least she did, before you started to systematically erode the tone of this thread). The kind of stuff that one would expect in a good discussion among attractively intelligent and reasonable people.

Even if she were somehow ethnically related to Japan (although apparently she is not), what of it? This is, as you acknowledge, the internet. It is not foreign policy. Given the nature of online discussion, it is not your right to require that any poster share any personal information with you. The unspoken etiquette is that every poster is addressed on an individual basis, and based on what they choose to say.

I must protest in the strongest possible terms your crude efforts at a kind of ethnic profiling, which I find equally odious whether the situation is the sale of a house to certain people in certain neighborhoods based on what are thought to be certain prevalent characteristics, or in a figure skating forum. (That being said, there are similar posts from the other side of the aisle in this thread, like one of Shine's. I don't know what his problem is either). I certainly would not want others to judge all Yuna fans by some of your posts.
    You should post more often...well said.

vCash
    Sigh.. I wonder why there is always a mess on any Yu-Na related thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    $&%£*#~?!!

Oh SNAP! It's like watching Jerry Springer or Maury...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    Sigh.. I wonder why there is always a mess on any Yu-Na related thread.
    Well, in this case, it all boils down to one extreme poster....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Are you seriously asking me about rudeness and maturity when you know what I said is exactly right with regards to you? Enough with your fake outrage about what one person said when you have said things that are FAR worse. You are an "ADMIN." You consistently abuse your position and make personal insults at other people, which if anyone else who wasn't an admin did - they would probably be banned. Nobody else ever says this to you directly, but I will because I really don't have anything to lose - I barely ever post on this website.

Now I know that snarkiness is accepted and encouraged on this website, but you take it too far. When you are in a position as an admin, you need to remove yourself from the situation and don't just "go along" with the herd/pack mentality of attacking others who don't "conform", which is sadly very present on this website. Insults and nastiness are to be expected from regular posters, not from admins. Honestly, when you resort to personal attacks, it makes you a troll and shows extreme immaturity. If you don't like someone or their posts, then you warn them and/or ban them as an admin. Why stoop down to the level of personal insults. By the way, trying to deflect the blame to me - nice try, but it doesn't refute my points, and it's completely avoiding responding to what I said.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I think I am turning Japanese I think I am turning Japanese I really think so...

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Are you seriously asking me about rudeness and maturity when you know what I said is exactly right with regards to you? Enough with your fake outrage about what one person said when you have said things that are FAR worse. You are an "ADMIN." You consistently abuse your position and make personal insults at other people, which if anyone else who wasn't an admin did - they would probably be banned.
    Nothing I have ever posted would get anybody on FSU banned.

Nobody else ever says this to you directly, but I will because I really don't have anything to lose - I barely ever post on this website.
    I've had lots of people say things to me directly, but they are generally a lot less passive-aggressive than you are.

Now I know that snarkiness is accepted and encouraged on this website, but you take it too far. When you are in a position as an admin, you need to remove yourself from the situation and don't just "go along" with the herd/pack mentality of attacking others who don't "conform", which is sadly very present on this website. Insults and nastiness are to be expected from regular posters, not from admins. Honestly, when you resort to personal attacks, it makes you a troll and shows extreme immaturity. If you don't like someone or their posts, then you warn them and/or ban them as an admin. Why stoop down to the level of personal insults. By the way, trying to deflect the blame to me - nice try, but it doesn't refute my points, and it's completely avoiding responding to what I said.
    Wouldn't banning someone because I didn't like them or their posts be an abuse of my position as an "ADMIN"?

Perhaps you should send SHARPIE, the owner of the board, your ideas on how an "ADMIN" should behave. I'm sure she'd be delighted to hear any suggestions you might have.

In any case, if you are going to defend a xenophobic asshole, you shouldn't get a pass on that just because your opinion is in the minority. Sometimes those in the minority are wrong for a reason.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I think I am turning Japanese I think I am turning Japanese I really think so...
    This thread is a gift that keeps on giving.

vCash
    ^^It's been keeping me entertained all day.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast