Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    vCash
    You are all missing the point

Actually, no one comes even close to Lipnitskaya in terms of human warmth and emtional projection when they skate. That's a fact. Because I said so. And no one else is allowed to think otherwise. Let alone feel otherwise If you do, then that means that you understand nothing of art, figure skating, and life in general, and I look down on you from my pedestal of selfrighteousness with great pity

(Second drama icon in two days - this thread is awesome )

Now that we've cleared that point, can we go back to discuss Yu-na Kim's return and delicious skating (well, not as good or delicious as Lipnitskaia's, of course, but you get my drift) in peace?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post

Actually, no one comes even close to Lipnitskaya in terms of human warmth and emtional projection when they skate. That's a fact. Because I said so. And no one else is allowed to think otherwise. Let alone feel otherwise If you do, then that means that you understand nothing of art, figure skating, and life in general, and I look down on you from my pedestal of selfrighteousness with great pity

Amen to that. Now I got to go back to work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Uhhh WTH? Lowtheslore... what does it matter if anyone is Asian, Australian, Alien can you stop with your profiling? Please... just stop!!! This is really insulting!
    Of course ethnic background or nationality doesn’t matter in voicing his/her opinion. I was asking Aussie Willy if she's of Asian descent, because she shares the pattern and repetition of the motivated Mao/Japan bots who frequent Yu-Na threads, thus giving me suspicion if she’s ethnic Japanese unlike her nickname suggests. And she hasn’t answered yet. No insulting intended.

vCash
    You suspect someone of being a Maobot, but don't mean any insult by it. Yup, totally following along.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    I was asking Aussie Willy if she's of Asian descent, because she shares the pattern and repetition of the motivated Mao/Japan bots who frequent Yu-Na threads, thus giving me suspicion if she’s ethnic Japanese unlike her nickname suggests. And she hasn’t answered yet.
    I have seen Aussie Willy on a TV clip and I can assure you she is not of Asian origin. So shut up.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaia View Post
    LMAO. How many times have I seen this in a Yuna thread? And with such fine objective assessments as "I vastly prefer MK over Yuna because she always looked elegant on the ice" and "in terms of emotion and engaging with audience, there is no comparison."

Well, if you want to take that route in a thread titled "Yuna shines in qualifying for worlds", please allow me to give my own subjective two cents:

If Kwan was competing today at her peak, amongst today's skaters, she would be Akiko Suzuki.
    Awesome but underrated by her own federation? Akiko

As for the rest, this is not a Yuna uber thread. If you want a fan-centric discussion, that belongs in the trash can, not in GSD.

vCash
    LOL. lowtherlore, please stop. Of 100 posters here, there is maybe 1 or 2 "Maobots" here. (and that's why this place is scary )

If you didn't know, most "Maobots" don't even come to english forums like FSU.

vCash

OMG you feel the same way tooo, she makes me teary.... i want go and drink my Absolut Vodka just to get over it. But seriously I think Julia is seriously talented and really underrated. If she is American, or Canadian, she would have been treated so much better on all the English board.

BTW My pedestral of selfrighteousness is clearly only 3 inches tall relative to the overwhelming Tower of selfrighteousness everyone apparently built to welcome to current leading lady. Even Mao, Miki and Carolina don't get this amount of scrutiny after a good performance. And no, I don't demand other to feel what i feel, but as someone with a strong view, of course I am going to strongly put forward my view, otherwise what's the point of a forum? I don't do PC anyway, it is vastly over rated.

vCash
    Of course ethnic background or nationality doesn’t matter in voicing his/her opinion. [snip] And she hasn’t answered yet. No insulting intended.
    I totally understand what you're saying, and I know you meant no insult, unlike the way other people have responded to you. Don't respond to her anymore as she "won't accept your apology" - honestly, the posters who respond with the "faux outrage" complete with expletives over some honestly innocent thing said are really not worth the time or effort to convince otherwise. They've already made up their mind. Time to move on.

vCash

Now that we've cleared that point, can we go back to discuss Yu-na Kim's return and delicious skating (well, not as good or delicious as Lipnitskaia's, of course, but you get my drift) in peace?

You're right! Julia is artistically better than Kwan, Kim, Baiul and Chen combined!

LMAO!! Thanks Ray, I needed that!

I have to say, this is one of the uglier threads I've read in a while. Nationality, race and ethnicity, Yu-Na bashing, Michelle bashing (Michelle at her peak = Akiko? Really?). It's sad people feel the need to trash other people's opinions just b/c they don't agree with them...

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Of course ethnic background or nationality doesn’t matter in voicing his/her opinion. I was asking Aussie Willy if she's of Asian descent, because she shares the pattern and repetition of the motivated Mao/Japan bots who frequent Yu-Na threads, thus giving me suspicion if she’s ethnic Japanese unlike her nickname suggests. And she hasn’t answered yet. No insulting intended.
    If I were you, I'd keep my delusions to myself. No insulting intended.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    I have seen Aussie Willy on a TV clip and I can assure you she is not of Asian origin. So shut up.
    Until you give us the video clip, you shut up. We haven't got an answer from Aussie Willy yet.

vCash
    ^^I guess I should just sit back and enjoy the show.

vCash
    Until you give us the video clip, you shut up. We haven't got an answer from Aussie Willy yet.
    Is that the royal we?

The world, FSU, and Aussie Willy do not owe you answers. About anything.

indeed.

vCash
    Now I can feel Yuna came back and Olympic season is coming! Every Yuna thread ends up

It's just a matter of personal preference and taste. I might be killed but have to say that Kwan was nothing for me. She is a really great skater and I deeply respect her as a skater and a person, but I didn't get all of the gushing about her. There are some great skaters who are nothing for me - Mao, Plushy, Witt, etc. I respect them a lot, but I don't get them at all. It's not their faults, it's just everybody has different taste and preference. Some might be surprised that I was more moved by Patrick than Kurt
    Yuna is the only skater who moved me deeply in ladies. I can feel her emotions and her heart. I got teared up when I saw her Les Mis. Personally it was better than Gershwin program. Her Gershwin was brilliant, but I didn't feel anything from her performance. However, I was deeply moved by this program and it is one of her best programs to me.
    Some people often complain that Yuna doesn't point her toes, but I was never distracted by it. I think her lines and positions are fine, her upper body movements are one of the bests. I don't like skaters who have stiff upper body movements or no face expressions just as someone can't stand skaters who have ugly feet. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and aesthetic point of view is all subjective, so we can't say who is right or who is wrong.
    Yuna fans have to accept that not everyone can love her or be moved by her. And what does it matter if anyone is Asian or Australian? It's ridiculous! I hope other fans also respect Yuna fans, too. You don't need to be sarcastic or laugh at others who think their favorite skater is artistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Is that the royal we?
    The world, FSU, and Aussie Willy do not owe you answers. About anything.
    indeed.
    Who's asking you, dear? It has nothing to do with you.

vCash

Here, here

I have absolutely no clue why a56 and lowtherlore aren't seeing what they're doing here. WOW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    If I were you, I'd keep my delusions to myself. No insulting intended.
    For an "admin," you are extremely rude at times. I know there is a level of snarkiness that is acceptable on this forum, but you really cross the line at times and become trollish. Why can't you be mature like other admins?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by a56 View Post
    For an "admin," you are extremely rude at times. I know there is a level of snarkiness that is acceptable on this forum, but you really cross the line at times and become trollish. Why can't you be mature like other admins?
    For all I know, there's nothing wrong what allezfred is doing/saying re this thread. You're the one who crossed the line and can't be mature like majority of people here. But then again, this is FSU, right?

And I forgot to add "to Yuna Kim" at the end of my rep comment to you.

vCash
    Oooooh...JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

This is so entertaining!

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast