Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by a56 View Post
    This troll never goes away, does it? The same stuff written in every thread about a skater it despises and links what one group of people says to an entire ethnic group.
    Let us see ... Shine has been posting here since 2002 over a variety of topics over 3+ Olympic cycles while a56 has been posting here since 2010 mostly in Yu Na threads ... who might I concluded more fits the term troll ...

vCash
    I posted this yesterday in the quads thread, but it fits here, too:
    Therein lies the tragedy (if we were to use the sort of overblown terminology that they like) of the ubers: in trying so hard to bring you around to their way of thinking, they achieve exactly the opposite.
    Except that Yuna ubers really do take it to a another level. In that respect, it is nice to see Yuna fans such as l'etoile and yunasashafan, who are more open-minded and interested in actually having a discussion.

For the record, I think Yuna Kim is a very good skater, I was really impressed with her when I saw her live, and I give her a lot of credit for how she's handled her comeback so far. However, I have never been particularly moved by her skating, and I don't think she is perfect/heavenly/the greatest ever/an artistic genius. And since I'm Israeli, nobody can possibly suggest that I am motivated by national bias in this matter

vCash
    First time posting. I've been following the thread and wanted to provide another opinion.

Whether you are a Yuna fan or not, I hope we can all agree one thing. Her two events at NWR and Korean Nationals exceeded most people's expectation regardless of whatever inflated or legit score were given, and the fact that she is the favorite going into 2013 Worlds considering the performances by her competitions this season.

Having said that, I am in agreement with YunaSashafan. I do think her two performances were not at the same level as the ones from the Olympic, but she still has 2 months to refine them, and I am sure she will. Yuna's Gershwin was not an instant hit for some people including myself, but it became one of the epic programs in history (at least for me), so I will wait until the worlds to provide my take on her program this year.

In the meanwhile, we are having a lot of heated discussion on artistic aspects of figure skating that are subjective in nature. Music, choreography, beautiful line, etc. Difference in opinions are expected, and that is a good thing. World will be boring without the differences. I learned a long ago that I can not even impose my opinions on a family member. Good luck doing that on a stranger.

In addition, many of you provided your qualifications why your opinions matter more, and I believe everyone in this board has more qualifications than me in providing figure skating opinions, but unfortunately none of our opinions will have an impact on the current skaters, unless you are one of CURRENTLY ACTIVE judges. That's the thing, all skaters including Yuna is doing their best, both technically and artistically, to get the best score in competition. Thus far, no one has done consistantly better, surpringly to some people in both aspects, than Yuna for the last 4-5 years in terms of score which only matters regardless of how some people don't care of her skating style, posture, etc.. So I can also understand that Yuna fans get offended when people provide negative opinions of the best skater (again in term of Judges's score). To them, it may sound like nitpicking Michael Jordan, the greatest basketball player ever to some people, when they are so many others to nitpick from.

So, let the disagreement continue, but remember, it is only for fun among ourselves, the posters and readers, while none of our (including sports journalists) opinions really matter unless one of them is from the current judge.

vCash
    What an incredibly great first post, CatYuna! Hope to see your posts more often

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Okay now I am really pissed off. You are such a deluded idiot that you don't think I am from Australia? Just because I might say anything slightly negative about Yu Na which YOU don't agree with? What makes you so superior that you think you can insult people and accuse them of not being from a county they say they are?

I live in a suburb called Carrum Downs, I work in a suburb called Bentleigh East and I skate at a rink called the Icehouse in Docklands which is in the Melbourne CBD. Do a google search on all those things and then provide me an apology you freakin moron!!!!!

In fact to suggest that someone is Asian because they take a stand point that you disagree with is stereotyping and has racist connotations.

In the meantime I am going to put you on the ignore list because it is just not worth reading your shit!!!
    There is no misunderstanding - to quote you -

Why mention Non-Asian if you were not suggesting I were? And what do you mean by being part of a buddy group? And to be so rude about someone does not suggest that it is fun reading my posts.

Well you were incredibly wrong but because I am gracious I appreciate that you have apologised and I will accept it. But you really should think before you write something like that again about anyone on this forum.

Aussie Willy, I said you misunderstood me because by the word non-Asian I didnít mean it to have any racist connotation. I said that since I believe, as in my reply to shine, that most of those who go after Yu-Na and her fandom repeatedly with the same pattern and contents in this forum, in many occasions in concerted efforts, are strongly tied to Japan by nationality or ethnic origin. That said, of course I know that there can be many of ex-Japan fans here who are not Yu-Na fans or impressed by her skating.

Since you seem to be very sensitive about this and itís not so clear to me on why or on whether you are an Asian, I want to ask you this: Are you ethnically Asian?

Again, Iím asking this WITHOUT ANY racist intent. And if youíre uncomfortable with this, no need to reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatYuna View Post
    First time posting. I've been following the thread and wanted to provide another opinion.

Whether you are a Yuna fan or not, I hope we can all agree one thing. Her two events at NWR and Korean Nationals exceeded most people's expectation regardless of whatever inflated or legit score were given, and the fact that she is the favorite going into 2013 Worlds considering the performances by her competitions this season.

Having said that, I am in agreement with YunaSashafan. I do think her two performances were not at the same level as the ones from the Olympic, but she still has 2 months to refine them, and I am sure she will. Yuna's Gershwin was not an instant hit for some people including myself, but it became one of the epic programs in history (at least for me), so I will wait until the worlds to provide my take on her program this year.

In the meanwhile, we are having a lot of heated discussion on artistic aspects of figure skating that are subjective in nature. Music, choreography, beautiful line, etc. Difference in opinions are expected, and that is a good thing. World will be boring without the differences. I learned a long ago that I can not even impose my opinions on a family member. Good luck doing that on a stranger.

In addition, many of you provided your qualifications why your opinions matter more, and I believe everyone in this board has more qualifications than me in providing figure skating opinions, but unfortunately none of our opinions will have an impact on the current skaters, unless you are one of CURRENTLY ACTIVE judges. That's the thing, all skaters including Yuna is doing their best, both technically and artistically, to get the best score in competition. Thus far, no one has done consistantly better, surpringly to some people in both aspects, than Yuna for the last 4-5 years in terms of score which only matters regardless of how some people don't care of her skating style, posture, etc.. So I can also understand that Yuna fans get offended when people provide negative opinions of the best skater (again in term of Judges's score). To them, it may sound like nitpicking Michael Jordan, the greatest basketball player ever to some people, when they are so many others to nitpick from.

So, let the disagreement continue, but remember, it is only for fun among ourselves, the posters and readers, while none of our (including sports journalists) opinions really matter unless one of them is from the current judge.
    What a balanced post!

vCash
    ALL ASIANS DECLARE YOURSELVES!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    I'm all for it! Drop those misleading nics and be proud of being Asian! I'm one..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post

No Lowtherlore, Aussie Willy is a true blue Aussie. We Aussies are peace loving, tree hugging and loyal souls. Our favourite assertions are 'fair go' and 'mateship'. You have aimed your gun at the wrong target. Aussie Willy was just giving a personal opinion which I think AW thought might be helpful (but apparently it back-fired). Aussie Willy is NOT a troll. That I can vouch for my fellow country mate. Just check AW's past posts.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. Ė Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    I'm all for it! Drop those misleading nics and be proud of being Asian! I'm one..
    I think AndyWharhol might have been sarcastic

What's next? Should we all post our picture to prove our ethnicity? And what about having a little symbol next to our nickname so that people can instantly indentify us as being Caucasian, Asian, etc? That way you can discard ANY criticism, no matter how mild or rationally presented, from the moment it comes from someone who might be related to Japan in some way - wouldn't that be fantastic?

(and yes, I know about Maobots - and Yunabots too btw, except here you were asking such questions of someone whose sole crime was to want to contribute her point of view - respectfully - to the conversation)
    Last edited by rayhaneh; 01-10-2013 at 10:30 AM.

vCash
    rayhaneh, I appreciate your concerns, thanks. And yes, I too understood AWís post as a sarcasm.

My answer is in my earlier post:

I believe those who go after her and her fandom repeatedly with the same pattern and contents, in many occasions in concerted efforts, are strongly tied by nationality or (Japanese) nationalistic origin. I suspect many of them are with fake or misleading identities or multiple ids, and I experienced a ghost nic responding to my post in this forum.
    This is a very unfortunate and abnormal situation. Please, donít put Yu-Na fans and Mao/Japan fans on the same line here. You never see Yu-Na fans swarm to Mao-related threads to criticize her collectively. I, for one, seldom visit Mao threads. But in every Yu-Na related threads there are those who swarm in to repeat same things against her and her fandom over and over again. Itís just extraordinary. And I strongly believe vast majority of them are Japanese or of Japanese origin, regardless of what their nickname implies or their self-claimed identities are. Isnít it clear thatís why every Yu-Na thread gets fired up? I think itís really unfair to blame Yu-Na fans for this extraordinary situation. Most of them, including me, are open to reasonable criticisms and opinions from sincere skating fans. Again, with that said, of course I understand there can be those ex-Japan fans who donít find Yu-Na their cup of tea.

vCash
    I think that trying to intimidate someone out of expressing their views is disgusting. Persistently questioning another poster's self-professed nationality, ethnicity, etc., simply because of a suspicion that there are people who post criticisms of your favorite skater for reasons of nationalism, amounts to just that.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    This is a very unfortunate and abnormal situation. Please, don’t put Yu-Na fans and Mao/Japan fans on the same line here. You never see Yu-Na fans swarm to Mao-related threads to criticize her collectively. I, for one, seldom visit Mao threads. But in every Yu-Na related threads there are those who swarm in to repeat same things against her and her fandom over and over again. It’s just extraordinary. And I strongly believe vast majority of them are Japanese or of Japanese origin, regardless of what their nickname implies or their self-claimed identities are. Isn’t it clear that’s why every Yu-Na thread gets fired up? I think it’s really unfair to blame Yu-Na fans for this extraordinary situation. Most of them, including me, are open to reasonable criticisms and opinions from sincere skating fans. Again, with that said, of course I understand there can be those ex-Japan fans who don’t find Yu-Na their cup of tea.
    In every Yuna-related thread, her ubers swarm in to repeat the same things over and over regarding those who aren't fans. It is just extraordinary.

Your claims about all detractors/non-fans being motivated by nationalistic fervor are ludicrous. It is possible not to admire Yuna Kim's skating (or anybody else's skating) just because it doesn't appeal to you.

vCash
    Aussie Willy, I said you misunderstood me because by the word non-Asian I didnít mean it to have any racist connotation. I said that since I believe, as in my reply to shine, that most of those who go after Yu-Na and her fandom repeatedly with the same pattern and contents in this forum, in many occasions in concerted efforts, are strongly tied to Japan by nationality or ethnic origin. That said, of course I know that there can be many of ex-Japan fans here who are not Yu-Na fans or impressed by her skating.

Since you seem to be very sensitive about this and itís not so clear to me on why or on whether you are an Asian, I want to ask you this: Are you ethnically Asian?

Again, Iím asking this WITHOUT ANY racist intent. And if youíre uncomfortable with this, no need to reply.
    Are you f*cking serious? How dare you ask me this question after I categorically stated in a previous post that I am Australian!!!! Do I need to explain it further? And no I am not uncomfortable or sensitive about the question. I even more pissed off with you bloody questioning me after I already told you that I am a fair dinkum true blue dinky di Australian - born and bred here. This is so pathetic questioning posters to try and establish an ethic stereotype that you have obviously developed about particular skating fans. You really need to have a good hard look at yourself.

And I can't go by with posting this comment:
    About Aussie Willy, read my posts. Iíve never conceded to her self-implied identity. I actually think I nailed her.
    You are so freakin off the mark it is ridiculous and you are just digging a bigger and bigger hole of idiocy. I don't give a shit about your opinions but when you are totally wrong then you need to be brought to account. What a freak!

Previous apology is now not accepted. May a pox descend upon your puny little troll pea brain.

Give me some popcorn to throw at this idiot!!!
    Last edited by Aussie Willy; 01-10-2013 at 11:22 AM.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    In every Yuna-related thread, her ubers swarm in to repeat the same things over and over regarding those who aren't fans. It is just extraordinary.

Your claims about all detractors/non-fans being motivated by nationalistic fervor are ludicrous. It is possible not to admire Yuna Kim's skating (or anybody else's skating) just because it doesn't appeal to you.
    Iím sorry, but you are missing my point. Itís okay if someone doesnít like Yu-Na. Thatís not the point here. If youíre not an Japanese anti Yu-Na as you said, none of my previous posts directly concerns you.

Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post

No Lowtherlore, Aussie Willy is a true blue Aussie. We Aussies are peace loving, tree hugging and loyal souls. Our favourite assertions are 'fair go' and 'mateship'. You have aimed your gun at the wrong target. Aussie Willy was just giving a personal opinion which I think AW thought might be helpful (but apparently it back-fired). Aussie Willy is NOT a troll. That I can vouch for my fellow country mate. Just check AW's past posts.
    Thanks for the comments. But Iím waiting for a reply from Aussie Willy, either by a post or a PM. I hope she answer, so that we can get some perspective on this mess. She was very eager in disclosing her training and learning background in qualifying her repetitious posts, after all.

vCash
    Aussie Willy, this Canadian gives you

Denigrating the views of posters based on ridiculous (and completely baseless) suspicions about their ethnicity/nationality is just pathetic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vodkashot View Post
    Aussie Willy, this Canadian gives you

Denigrating the views of posters based on ridiculous (and completely baseless) suspicions about their ethnicity/nationality is just pathetic.
    Hey thanks for the popcorn.

I now officially declare I will exchange rep points for popcorn. Except you lovely people who I have already given positive rep to - you just get my love.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Are you f*cking serious? How dare you ask me this question after I categorically stated in a previous post that I am Australian!!!! Do I need to explain it further? And no I am not uncomfortable or sensitive about the question. I even more pissed off with you bloody questioning me after I already told you that I am a fair dinkum true blue dinky di Australian - born and bred here. This is so pathetic questioning posters to try and establish an ethic stereotype that you have obviously developed about particular skating fans. You really need to have a good hard look at yourself.

And I can't go by with posting this comment:

You are so freakin off the mark it is ridiculous and you are just digging a bigger and bigger hole of idiocy. I don't give a shit about your opinions but when you are totally wrong then you need to be brought to account. What a freak!

Previous apology is now not accepted. May a pox descend upon your puny little troll pea brain.

Give me some popcorn to throw at this idiot!!!
    Thanks for the reply. You didn't categorically reply to my inquiry whether you are ethnically Asian (again, no racist connotation implied, I myself am an ethnic Asian, but a US citizen), but that's fine.

vCash

vCash
    I hope she answer, so that we can get some perspective on this mess.
    IMO this mess will be cleaned up soon if you stop posting on this thread.

((Aussie Willy ))

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast