Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by naan View Post
    LMAO. Not every person who doesn't think Kween is a heavenly creature or the goddess of figure skating is Russian. Although OTOH I do strongly suspect that a lot of the Kween fanaticism is strongly tied to patriotism. You are so ridiculously deluded. Get out there and watch more figure skating would help?!
    And I want to ask you this: Are you ethnically Asian? I’m asking this WITHOUT ANY racist intent. And if you’re uncomfortable with this, no need to reply.

Oops, I didn't even notice this. I'm sorry, but this is a fail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    Of course ethnic background or nationality doesn’t matter in voicing his/her opinion. I was asking Aussie Willy if she's of Asian descent, because she shares the pattern and repetition of the motivated Mao/Japan bots who frequent Yu-Na threads, thus giving me suspicion if she’s ethnic Japanese unlike her nickname suggests. And she hasn’t answered yet. No insulting intended.
    Your motives are obvious. Because Aussie Willy is not gushing over Yuna as much as you believe anyone should, you desperately want to prove that she must be of Japanese descent, which would then prove the reason AW "hates" Yuna is because she is of Japanese descent, since Japanese FS fan = Yuna hater. Then, if all of the above were true, you can then dismiss anything AW has ever said about Yuna as racism/patriotism, making you right and your beloved Yuna the undisputed queen of the ice, free of criticism by anyone.

Does that sum it up nicely enough?

Jackwad.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    rayhaneh, I appreciate your concerns, thanks. And yes, I too understood AW’s post as a sarcasm.

My answer is in my earlier post:

This is a very unfortunate and abnormal situation. Please, don’t put Yu-Na fans and Mao/Japan fans on the same line here. You never see Yu-Na fans swarm to Mao-related threads to criticize her collectively. I, for one, seldom visit Mao threads. But in every Yu-Na related threads there are those who swarm in to repeat same things against her and her fandom over and over again. It’s just extraordinary. And I strongly believe vast majority of them are Japanese or of Japanese origin, regardless of what their nickname implies or their self-claimed identities are. Isn’t it clear that’s why every Yu-Na thread gets fired up? I think it’s really unfair to blame Yu-Na fans for this extraordinary situation. Most of them, including me, are open to reasonable criticisms and opinions from sincere skating fans. Again, with that said, of course I understand there can be those ex-Japan fans who don’t find Yu-Na their cup of tea.
    I'll repeat what others are saying. Mao or Japan have NOTHING to do with the discussion.
    Please read the posts- over many years- of people you single out. Not their posts about Yu-Na, but all their posts on this boards.
    AussieWilly is a judge, and writes a lot about the intricacies of the new judging system.
    IceAlisa is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about ballet; the form matters to her and she consistently evaluates skaters based on their extension, point etc. Yu- Na is not singled out.
    Shine is passionate about experimental, artistic skating, and consistently posts about it.
    They are from three different countries VERY far apart ( none of them Japan)
    All these people have been watching skating for - probably- decades. Their opinions are based on their preference, not on anybody's Nationality. How do I know that? I read FSU, and have my own opinions, based on watching all skating, all disciplines, for a very long time and with great interest. I could name favorite skaters for all these posters, and it would not be Mao ( or not only Mao, and the nationalities of skaters would vary)
    Fans like that do not form an opinion to be pro or anti somebody, but base their opinions on their taste.
    Until this year, I was meh about Chan, despite his great abilities and achievements. He converted me this year.
    Yu-Na has great ability ( of course she is one of the greats, stupid to deny). But she is yet to convert me to be her great fan ( I like her, admire her... but I love some others). Perhaps if she goes out of her comfort zone artistically, she'll convert me, as well. And if she does not, it's OK. She's Yu-Na. She is a great skater. What does it matter if somebody does not like something? But fans of skating ( not one skater) are flexible, contrary to what you believe.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    We already know the Korea vs Japan thing gets out of control and crazy. I find it especially ridiculous when they attack each other by saying the other group is ugly. Sitting in the stands at 2009 Worlds, I honestly couldn't tell who was Japanese or Korean until they pulled out their little flags.

vCash
    Wow, just seeing this beautiful girl perform again has really been a breath of fresh air! If anything, her absence from figure skating has only made me understand how important she is to the sport!

It's interesting how so many folks can be extremely catty on these boards and on YT.. at the end of the day, we still are just sitting behind on our computer screens bitching, complaining, nitpicking, and so on, while these athletes are working so incredibly hard and sacrificing so much so that.. we can!? lol. We should show some gratitude once in awhile, no?
    Last edited by Iamahugefan; 01-10-2013 at 10:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamahugefan View Post
    Wow, just seeing this beautiful girl perform again has really been a breath of fresh air! If anything, her absence from figure skating has only made me understand how important she is to the sport!

It's interesting how so many folks can be extremely catty on these boards and on YT.. at the end of the day, we still are just sitting behind on our computer screens bitching, complaining, nitpicking, and so on, while these athletes are working so incredibly hard and sacrificing so much so that.. we can!? lol. We should show some gratitude once in awhile, no?
    Yep, this makes me wonder if FSU is not a carefully-planned sociological experiment conducted by some Big Brother.

vCash
    OKAY, WHY DON'T YOU KEYBOARD WARRIORS FIGHT USING PRIVATE MESSAGES INSTEAD OF POLLUTING THIS THREAD?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamahugefan View Post
    we still are just sitting behind on our computer screens bitching, complaining, nitpicking, and so on, while these athletes are working so incredibly hard and sacrificing so much so that.. we can!? lol. We should show some gratitude once in awhile, no?
    I guess you missed all the posts in this thread where many people said they liked Yu-na's performance.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I think this thread has truly run its course so if to be all "ADMIN"-ish, thread closed!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516