Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 309
  1. #241
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    In every Yuna-related thread, her ubers swarm in to repeat the same things over and over regarding those who aren't fans. It is just extraordinary.

    Your claims about all detractors/non-fans being motivated by nationalistic fervor are ludicrous. It is possible not to admire Yuna Kim's skating (or anybody else's skating) just because it doesn't appeal to you.
    To be completely fair to lowthelore, yes, Maobots exist and yes, there are often Japanese Maobots (at least they write in Japanese) who troll certain places (YT in particular comes to mind). They will hate Yu-na enough that they will make YT vids specifically to try and "prove" that Yuna is not just an awful skater but also an awful person - all pretty pathetic

    But give me a break! The same behavior exists in reverse and there have been plenty derogatory comments made about Mao as well by Yunabots on the internet. And frankly, I haven't seen on this specific thread anyone whose behavior comes close to the one described above, and certainly not from Aussie Willy

    Here dear, have some popcorn on me

  2. #242

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    47
    Posts
    17,726
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15832
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    Thanks for the reply. You didn't categorically reply to my inquiry whether you are ethnically Asian (again, no racist connotation implied, I myself am an ethnic Asian, but a US citizen), but that's fine.
    No it is not fine because you are still trying to establish stereotypes based on nationality and ethnicity. But also the fact you told another poster who supported me that you didn't believe them, you wanted to hear it from myself, is unbelievably rude to them. There are quite a few posters on this board who personally know me and have met me. If they tell you I am Australian you should believe them.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

  3. #243

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reserving a parking spot for Mao.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    22,686
    vCash
    83943
    Rep Power
    40930
    It's not obvious to me that any poster should be subjected to such questioning in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post
    Maobots exist and yes, there are often Japanese Maobots (at least they write in Japanese) who troll certain places (YT in particular comes to mind). They will hate Yu-na enough that they will make YT vids specifically to try and "prove" that Yuna is not just an awful skater but also an awful person - all pretty pathetic
    Very true, alas.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

  4. #244
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    390
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    No it is not fine because you are still trying to establish stereotypes based on nationality and ethnicity. But also the fact you told another poster who supported me that you didn't believe them, you wanted to hear it from myself, is unbelievably rude to them. There are quite a few posters on this board who personally know me and have met me. If they tell you I am Australian you should believe them.
    Did I say I don't believe you're an Australian? I'm an American, you can believe that right? And I'm Asian, ethnically. Why are you so upset on a simple inquiry. If you say you don't want to answer, I'll take it simple and easy.

  5. #245

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    47
    Posts
    17,726
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15832
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    Did I say I don't believe you're an Australian? I'm an American, you can believe that right? And I'm Asian, ethnically. Why are you so upset on a simple inquiry. If you say you don't want to answer, I'll take it simple and easy.
    I am not upset, I am angry. I don't give a crap about your "Asian" background because it has absolutely no bearing on my evaluation of your opinions or your questioning of me. Just as whatever my background is totally irrelevant to my opinions that I have expressed here. Because there are number of other factors that have assisted in developing my opinions which you obviously choose to ignore. So at the end of the day it has absolutely nothing to do with ethnicity. But I do know that the opinion myself and others are developing of you through this line of questioning is that you obviously have no clue about respect, and trying to establish a person's ethnic background on this forum is tantamount to racism because of stereotypes you may have about Asian skating fans.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

  6. #246

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    859
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    Thanks for the reply. You didn't categorically reply to my inquiry whether you are ethnically Asian (again, no racist connotation implied, I myself am an ethnic Asian, but a US citizen), but that's fine.
    Uhhh WTH? Lowtheslore... what does it matter if anyone is Asian, Australian, Alien can you stop with your profiling? Please... just stop!!! This is really insulting!

  7. #247
    Prick Admin
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Having a kiki
    Posts
    41,882
    vCash
    506
    Rep Power
    12373
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Yeah but have you see Yuna live? I have and even next to Michelle.
    I've seen both skate competitively several times at international events and, in terms of emotion and engaging with an audience, there is no comparison. Kwan wins hands down for me.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

  8. #248
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    313
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Wow! lowtherlore! You're making a fool of yourself and embarrassing your fellow Yuna fans, please take a step back and focus your energy on enjoying Yuna's skating. Seriously, your uberness can rival 'let's bs' from another forum.

  9. #249

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    859
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I've seen both skate competitively several times at international events and, in terms of emotion and engaging with an audience, there is no comparison. Kwan wins hands down for me.
    No one has said Kwan isn't.

    She is the standard no doubt about it, even I agree with that and I am sure Yuna herself. In her early performances you can even sort of seeing her projecting Kwan's Lyra in performances like in Lark Ascending. Given how closely both costumes resembled as noted by several Chinese articles, I would not be surprised what inspired it. But imagine if going to every Patrick, Daisuke, Hanyu thread and read comment like he is not good as Kurt! I mean who is! Does it need to be said
    Theoretically I suppose I could goto every current competitive ladies thread and goes that is not as good Yuna and see what happens It will make the admin's job a bit harder though.
    Last edited by os168; 01-10-2013 at 01:19 PM.

  10. #250
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    Wow! lowtherlore! You're making a fool of yourself and embarrassing your fellow Yuna fans, please take a step back and focus your energy on enjoying Yuna's skating. Seriously, your uberness can rival 'let's bs' from another forum.


    One thing for lowtherlore is that they haven't attacked fellow Yuna fans by saying they are not uber enough, so we are thankfully not quite there yet

  11. #251
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,069
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post

    I wonder if she'll be able to replicate that performance at worlds? If not, like I said, if she can hit those three "money" jumping passes, she'll be in 1st or 2nd place depending on what others do...
    I am going to laugh so loud if she places top two at Worlds and qualifies 3 spots for Korean ladies at Sochi.

  12. #252

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,553
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    6051
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post
    One thing for lowtherlore is that they haven't attacked fellow Yuna fans by saying they are not uber enough, so we are thankfully not quite there yet

    Thanks Almighty!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

  13. #253

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,888
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    33532
    Oh, lowtherlore.

  14. #254
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    230
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    There are a few programs of Kwan's that I really liked. And while I wasn't a fan of MK, I vastly prefer her over Yuna. As a skater, she always looked elegant on the ice.
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I've seen both skate competitively several times at international events and, in terms of emotion and engaging with an audience, there is no comparison. Kwan wins hands down for me.
    LMAO. How many times have I seen this in a Yuna thread? And with such fine objective assessments as "I vastly prefer MK over Yuna because she always looked elegant on the ice" and "in terms of emotion and engaging with audience, there is no comparison."

    Well, if you want to take that route in a thread titled "Yuna shines in qualifying for worlds", please allow me to give my own subjective two cents:

    If Kwan was competing today at her peak, amongst today's skaters, she would be Akiko Suzuki.

    Now, going back on-topic, I think it is not unreasonable for one to think that Yuna's SP and LP this year, in terms of choreography, are not as good as Yuna's best programs, such as Gershwin or even Homage. Part of it is that we have been spoiled by Yuna and David Wilson too much, to the degree that the choreography this year seems rather ordinary and bland, relatively speaking. But I am not sure what Yuna can do more with the given choreography to display more "emotion."

    Bottom line for me is that Yuna's recent rendition of Les Mis ranks as one of my top 3 or top 5 favorite performances Yuna has ever done.

  15. #255

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    859
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaia View Post
    If Kwan was competing today at her peak, amongst today's skaters, she would be Akiko Suzuki.
    Oh no you didn't! What utter rubbish Kwan is the best!!! But then... it is better than say she is Ashley Wagner I suppose.
    Are you saying Yuna is worse than Akiko at emotional projection now?!

  16. #256
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,284
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Are you saying Yuna is worse than Akiko at emotional projection now?!
    Erm, yes?

  17. #257

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,888
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    33532
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaia View Post
    LMAO. How many times have I seen this in a Yuna thread? And with such fine objective assessments as "I vastly prefer MK over Yuna because she always looked elegant on the ice" and "in terms of emotion and engaging with audience, there is no comparison."

    Well, if you want to take that route in a thread titled "Yuna shines in qualifying for worlds", please allow me to give my own subjective two cents:

    If Kwan was competing today at her peak, amongst today's skaters, she would be Akiko Suzuki.
    I take offense by this whole post. What is it that Yuna can't be compared with Michelle and she can't be inferior to anyone in anything? It's an honor for Yuna to be talked and compared along with MK because, what MK had accomplished during her career and how she pushed the sport further on would never be matched by anyone, in any future. I'm not saying Yuna did nothing to the sport, but saying that she did a lot more than any other ladies skaters have since MK yet not as much or more. And, Akiko didn't win 5 world titles and never won a national title let alone to follow 9 one of Michelle's.

    I've had my share of being fed up by all kinds of bots--there's none like Yunabots and Maobots in the world, seriously,-- but now this thread is letting me see another level of that nasty aspect. Enough is enough.

  18. #258

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,888
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    33532
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Erm, yes?
    Oh, puleeeeeeease just stop. You've done enough to make your point.

  19. #259
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    230
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    I take offense by this whole post. What is it that Yuna can't be compared with Michelle and she can't be inferior to anyone in anything?
    lol, l'etoile. You are missing the point. Why would you want to compare Yuna and Michelle? And most importantly, WHO is doing the comparison here?

  20. #260

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    859
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Erm, yes?
    I would be more convinced if you didn't add 'Erm' and the '?'

    Erm = doubt, uncertainty, processing, should i lie or tell the truth.
    ? = I want to see what I can get away with so I am just going to lie anyway, because I just can't just stand the idea Yuna may beat my Goddess Carolina... just Nooooo!! So I obsessively troll all her threads trying to put her down.

    Good job carry on

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •