Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mineko View Post
    Did Emily Samuelson also expressed her intention to retire the last summer? Not because she wanted to, but primarily because of Todd Gilles' retirement and difficulty finding another suitable partner.
    I think she did, she is coaching now, IIRC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I think she did, she is coaching now, IIRC.
    Thanks, blue_idealist . I wish Emily the best luck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    Davis/White, Virtue/Moir, Pechalat/Bourzat, Sav/Szol, Pang/Tong, Dai, Oda, Akiko, Mao probably, Yuna, Babou... oh dear, I'll suffer from a severe case of depression...
    Yeah... figure skating(and individual sports in general) are cruel that way...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    It's going to be sad when the 2013-14 season ends. Imagine the retirements then.
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    Davis/White, Virtue/Moir, Pechalat/Bourzat, Sav/Szol, Pang/Tong, Dai, Oda, Akiko, Mao probably, Yuna, Babou... oh dear, I'll suffer from a severe case of depression...
    We lucked out with relatively few retirements after Vancouver; at least some of the skaters mentioned might have left then. Post-Sochi will definitely be tough, even with new and exciting skaters coming up the ranks.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mineko View Post
    Did Emily Samuelson also expressed her intention to retire the last summer? Not because she wanted to, but primarily because of Todd Gilles' retirement and difficulty finding another suitable partner.
    Here's how Emily Samuelson ended her public statement last June: http://www.facebook.com/notes/emily-...50959989667626
    I'm so incredibly grateful I had this chance to come back and compete with Todd, and had an amazing time doing it! I'd love to still skate, for I feel I'm not done with this sport yet, I'm just not sure if it can be in a competitive manner. However, regardless of what happens, I know I will be fine. Everything happens for a reason, and I know that God has plans in store for me that I cannot even comprehend yet. I am excited as to what the future holds, and extremely blessed to have had such an amazing career in skating thus far!
    She is continuing her studies at the University of Michigan and coaching in her spare time.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    ^^ That's a real classy statement from Emily. Very admirable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12