View Poll Results: Which lady makes the top 5?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adelina Sotnikova

6 4.62%
  • Gracie Gold (if she is there)

13 10.00%
  • Kaetlyn Osmond

27 20.77%
  • Elizabeta Tuktamisheva

81 62.31%
  • Zijun Li

3 2.31%
  • Other (explain who)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I am not sure about Murakami (not on the list, but one of the young, upcoming skaters). She could finish in the top 10, but I am not sure she can develop into a podium finisher. She may just develop into a top 5 skater (make me eat my words, Murakami!)
    I think Kanako Murakami wasn't listed in the poll because she finished 5th at 2012 Worlds.

Poll's current standings:
    Adelina Sotnikova 5 4.10%
    Gracie Gold (if she is there) 11 9.02%
    Kaetlyn Osmond 26 21.31%
    Elizaveta Tuktamisheva 77 63.11%
    Zijun Li 3 2.46%
    Other (explain who) 0 0%
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-10-2013 at 04:39 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I'd say Tuk because of her amazing jumps
    A 10 triple Tuk could amass amazing TES

vCash
    If Shin Amano is the technical caller at Worlds, I have a feeling Kanako won't be able to repeat her top 5 finish at this year's worlds. As she's grown and matured with puberty, her rotation speed has slowed down and, although some fans like to call her URs bogus, from my perspective, a lot of the time her jumps look suspect in real time, so the issue is definitely there. I had worried that would happen for a while as her technique is not good and even the season when she won the JGPF and JW, the jumps were often suspect in regards to rotation, and that was about 10 cm and 10 kg ago...

vCash
    ^^IDK, I'm one of the ones who feels as though she gets URs when she doesn't deserve them. Kanako doesn't always get all the way around but she usually hits that quarter turn mark, however she's never given the benefit of the doubt.

Kanako often starts the season URing most of her jumps but by nationals she gets herself together. It happened last season and it's happened this season too. Kanako will probably be one of the only ladies going for a 3-3 in the 2nd half of her SP and she will probably add the 3-3 to her LP in the bonus as well. I say she should go for it. Her programs are lovely again this year and if she skates well (and Amano isn't being an @$$hole) then she has a good shot at making top 5 again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12