Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    actually, here is a link to the Tim interview, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHw_w...lqKL3A&index=1

What is interesting is that for all the controversy of stealing ideas and what not {perceived or inferred or otherwise} it is unique the body language that the different interviews have. What is interesting is that I never watched these on youtube, I always used to just listen to them on my iPod, nice to know I can watch them as well!

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Again, no controversy here. Please don't create one where there isn't.

Listening to Tim . . . very interesting that he's getting into such detail about the monetary relationship and contract he had with Frank. Wow.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alfongsucks View Post
    Manleywoman this may shock you but it is not all about you. I respect your work I think you are very good, but the skaters are the celebrities not you, not I and quite frankly if Jenny and Dave become celebrities, it is totally random. Did you know that there are other podcasts out there? The ice queens do a great podcast that is fueled only by the cost of their microphones, some alcohol and the price of cable tv. Please don't use the fact that you have limited resources as an excuse. That bothers me as much as blade problems. Podcasts are a labor of love. The more competition the better! You will only raise your game in the end.

You also posted that Michael Buckley said to put yourself on youtube, then suddenly they did it. What is interesting is that Michael Buckely was on a video podcast, that went on youtube. IT is not like it was that unique of an idea, and obviously since you have not done it after he suggested it, then it is obviously something that you were not interested in or did not think would be useful.

If you have competition, then compete with them, dont post stuff on here and have people support or slam you, compete with him! Now in the mean time PLEASE post part two of Carole Heiss!
    Puhleese. Manleywoman was the original and she has never claimed that Jenny is her competition.
    FWIW, I'm done with the Ice Queens. All they do is complain and have nothing funny to offer anymore. They went to San Jose last year and skipped a major part of the competition to go to the movies or something.
    I like you, Manleywoman.

vCash
    What's your point re your "rolleyes," reese? What's your beef exactly? If you have something to say, say it!

Thanks again manleywoman for all you have done and are doing to bring figure skating history alive in the present. It's always a joy and an education listening to your podcasts. You deserve all the support and superlatives that come your way for the wonderful contributions you have made and continue to make for love of figure skating. You should receive a Grammy award for your podcasts! And I mean that sincerely! At the least, the work you are doing deserves more widespread publicity and recognition. So Michael Buckley was on the right track with his comments to you, and its either from his inspiration or coincidental timeliness of their own planning that Jenny and Dave made their "BAM" youtube debut shortly afterward. I know Jenny has done some figure-skating related blogging/ reporting previously on youtube. Certainly, Jenny and Dave, Audrey, fs fans, and the entire fs community owe you a huge debt of gratitude.

Please keep on keeping on, manleywoman! Ignore the critics and naysayers who have nothing of value to offer. I admire your proactive way of getting the job done and the way you constantly are looking forward and moving forward without too much looking back to navel gaze. That's probably why you've been able to achieve as much as you have with your invaluable podcast archive. Your podcasts contain a goldmine of detailed information, fascinating and little known anecdotes, and above all a motherlode of evocative memories. There are probably thousands of people who have gravitated to your site and gained inspiration and knowledge. FYI -- Your site was credited (re quotes from some of your guests) in the bibliography of a book entitled, Sporting Sounds: Relationship between sport and music, in reference to its Chapter 4: Music and figure skating, by Glenn S. Harman, Sonia Bianchetti Garbato, and David Forberg. The book is edited by Anthony Bateman and John Bale, and was published in 2009 by Routledge.

Kudos to all those who lead with their heart, act on a dream, persevere, and with a huge leap of faith, accomplish remarkable things that otherwise would remain just a notion.

vCash
    I'm just grateful that so many people are willing to provide these blogs/podcasts for free. I can imagine the amount of work that goes into the background research, technology, and scheduling. The broadcasters do have day jobs, and in the case of Manleywoman children to take care of as well. It is helpful to make suggestions for improvement but I can't believe people are criticizing. Don't watch it/listen if you don't like that interviewer.

vCash
    It might be more appropriate if the "FSU Critic's Circle" share their "concerns" with manleywoman, privately.
    Count me as someone who enjoys her approach to interviewing; and the tact and respect shown to her subjects.

I've supported her podcasts since their inception; and will continue to do so.

Certainly, others are welcome to do interviews, and gain their own audience, as well.
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 01-09-2013 at 07:41 PM.

vCash
    Manleywoman, please don't listen to the negativity of some of the posters. You and your podcasts rock, they're done so professionally. No competition, there's room for everybody.

vCash
    Manleywoman this may shock you but it is not all about you. I respect your work I think you are very good, but the skaters are the celebrities not you, not I and quite frankly if Jenny and Dave become celebrities, it is totally random. Did you know that there are other podcasts out there? The ice queens do a great podcast that is fueled only by the cost of their microphones, some alcohol and the price of cable tv. Please don't use the fact that you have limited resources as an excuse. That bothers me as much as blade problems. Podcasts are a labor of love. The more competition the better! You will only raise your game in the end.

You also posted that Michael Buckley said to put yourself on youtube, then suddenly they did it. What is interesting is that Michael Buckely was on a video podcast, that went on youtube. IT is not like it was that unique of an idea, and obviously since you have not done it after he suggested it, then it is obviously something that you were not interested in or did not think would be useful.

If you have competition, then compete with them, dont post stuff on here and have people support or slam you, compete with him! Now in the mean time PLEASE post part two of Carole Heiss!
    Whoa, alfongsucks, take a pill and a breather. And stop making so many assumptions and clueless demands. Apparently you, unlike reese, had something to say and said it, but kinda thoughtlessly. You seem to arrogantly miss the nuances as well as the positive intentions and possibilities behind some of the comments in this thread. ITA with manleywoman that there's no need to foment controversy where none exists. This may shock you, but mindless bile has a tendency to boomerang and karma can be a b*t*h. That goes for me, for you, and for everyone who forgets to think before they blather.

Manleywoman's work is being supported and praised independently by fans who enjoy and are inspired by her podcasts, and that ain't no assumption. I only know manleywoman through her podcasts, and through her posts on FSU. I've never met Allison Manley in person, nor ever spoken to her directly, although I would love to and I hope to have the pleasure of doing so sometime soon. Thanks again to manleywoman and to all those whose intent is to further advance and contribute to the sport of figure skating. Neither Jenny, Dave, Audrey or Allison have any need of "celebrity," and IMO that doesn't inform what they are doing. If any skater or anyone associated with skating got into it because they wanted to be a "celebrity," I'll betcha they never got very far.

Praise be to God that not everyone in this world is a mindless teenager or infantile adult who aspires to be a "celebrity," or who desires to bask in its frightful, meaningless and unholy "15 minutes of fame" glow.

BTW, no one can get me to say anything I don't want to say. I plead guilty to being opinionated and verbose, but I think and speak for myself, always. That's often what gets me on some people's ignore list here. Developing and maintaining an open mind and a sharp intellect is something I always try to aspire toward. But again, none of us are perfect, so take a step back and re-read, rethink, modify your tone, and examine your assumptions.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 01-09-2013 at 07:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    FWIW, I'm done with the Ice Queens. All they do is complain and have nothing funny to offer anymore. They went to San Jose last year and skipped a major part of the competition to go to the movies or something.
    I like you, Manleywoman.
    This^ The Ice Queens hardly ever have anything positive to say and half the time their information is just plain wrong. I unsubscribed to their podcast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    What's your point re your "rolleyes," reese? What's your beef exactly? If you have something to say, say it!
    Several of her comments on this thread (a thread not about her or her podcast-- of which there are already about 60 threads) have inserted little passive-aggressive digs at this new, competing podcast. By being passive-aggressive instead of straight forward she can later claim, if confronted, that she was misunderstood. As in "Of course I wasn't implying that J/D stole an idea that was given to me by Michael Buckley! " when, to me, it was pretty clear she was implying just that.

Full disclosure: I love the Manley Woman podcasts and I'm also really enjoying The Skating Lesson. I just don't know why this turned into an Allison Manley appreciation thread when there are already a ton of those on FSU.

podcast mistress
    vCash
    Actually reese, I have done nothing of the sort. I've made ONE comment you think is passive aggressive. But it is FSU after all, so please feel free to create a conspiracy where there is none.

And also actually, while I do appreciate the support here, i agree with reese that we should get back on topic to talk about this new podcast of Jenny and Dave's.
    Last edited by manleywoman; 01-09-2013 at 10:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Several of her comments on this thread (a thread not about her or her podcast-- of which there are already about 60 threads) have inserted little passive-aggressive digs at this new, competing podcast. By being passive-aggressive instead of straight forward she can later claim, if confronted, that she was misunderstood. As in "Of course I wasn't implying that J/D stole an idea that was given to me by Michael Buckley! " when, to me, it was pretty clear she was implying just that.

Full disclosure: I love the Manley Woman podcasts and I'm also really enjoying The Skating Lesson. I just don't know why this turned into an Allison Manley appreciation thread when there are already a ton of those on FSU.
    IMO, and unfortunately, it's the "passive-aggressive" digs by you and a few others here toward manleywoman that have needlessly brewed a tempest in a teapot.

The point is to appreciate whatever is being contributed of a positive nature to advance the sport of figure skating. The negativity and negative assumptions are unwarranted in this thread, IMO. It's not about comparisons in my mind, but about appreciation for what anyone has to offer that benefits the sport and the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    Actually reese, I have done nothing of the sort. But it is FSU after all, so please feel free to create a conspiracy where there is none.

And also actually, while I do appreciate the support here, i agree with reese that we should get back on topic to talk about this new podcast of Jenny and Dave's.
    ITA! And apparently, IronLady has started a new thread in GSD to discuss the latest Skating Lesson podcast with Tim Goebel. Of course, the link was already posted here too in #41 post.

Peace everyone, and let's enjoy all the great things that figure skating has to offer. The debates will be endless, but the mindless negativity doesn't have to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post

honestly I could not have put it better then you did Reese, but I am a bad ass, I dont do nuances. To make it more definite, Manleywoman said that Dave and Jenny put up a podcast and put it on youtube. Manley said that it was her idea [but said it was also Buckleys idea] Then says there is no conspiracy. I agree there are passive attacks and I hate that. Why not just say I am pissed off that I am no longer the only game in town? I guess my in your face attitude and blatant honestly does not go over well. As I said before, compete with them. Compete harder!

vCash
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

vCash
    honestly I could not have put it better then you did Reese, but I am a bad ass, I dont do nuances. To make it more definite, Manleywoman said that Dave and Jenny put up a podcast and put it on youtube. Manley said that it was her idea [but said it was also Buckleys idea] Then says there is no conspiracy. I agree there are passive attacks and I hate that. Why not just say I am pissed off that I am no longer the only game in town? I guess my in your face attitude and blatant honestly does not go over well. As I said before, compete with them. Compete harder!
    ^^ Blah, hogwash. More like you don't "understand" nuances, and are more into negative misinterpretations. As has already been said ad nauseum, contributing to the sport is not a "competition." Try "harder" to stop making negative assumptions and clueless demands.

Great interview by Jenny and Dave with Tim Goebel. Equally great interview by manleywoman with Tim Goebel. The reason has a lot to do with Tim's openness and honesty. He definitely has interesting takes and insights.

vCash
    A little light snark from Goebel: "The people deemed better than you would basically have to go out and do a free dance to not win."

podcast mistress
    vCash
    Yes. I'm so afraid of having a competing podcast. That's why I helped PJ Kwong set up her new podcast that also recently launched. She even thanked me today on twitter for the help, if you need proof. . Not that you'd bother, because if you did you'd see how supportive I have been already to all other podcasters in promoting their endeavors.

Whatever. I made one comment about a timeline of events that points out nothing except that there was a good idea waiting to happen on YouTube, and two posters turn that into "several passive aggressive comments." That's FSU!

I'm glad I'm helping Jenny/Dave get all this press! The more exposure for all these podcasts, the better.
    Last edited by manleywoman; 01-09-2013 at 11:00 PM.

vCash
    Yay for you, manleywoman!

vCash
    manleywoman

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    manleywoman, thanks for all that you do for the fans and the promotion of the sport.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast