Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Yesterday, he STRUCK OUT and at that point he was 0 for the series and the announcers were all "Well, it was a good strike out. Definitely a quality at bat." Um, what? And then today, when he totally misplayed the ball, the announcers were all, "Well, he lost it in the sun. Almost had and then the sun happened." Or, you know, HE MISPLAYED THE BALL.
    It is possible to have a quality at-bat even if you strike out, by fouling a lot of pitches off and working the pitch count. But the collective obsession the media seems to have with Puig has already gotten old.

I just want to know how many teevee's McCann smashed watching Puig showboat on a non-homerun. I nearly smashed a few myself.
    Well, you know, there was no spitting and no acting deranged before/while running the bases, so most likely he would have been amused to see Puig make a fool of himself. As if nobody had ever hit a triple before

But I do like to imagine McCann talking some sense into Puig. Won't have many opportunities to do so, though, since he's going to the AL next year.

Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    My husband's cousin.
    For real? Wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post

Well, you know, there was no spitting and no acting deranged before/while running the bases, so most likely he would have been amused to see Puig make a fool of himself. As if nobody had ever hit a triple before
    Did you see it? He did a dramatic bat flip, threw his arms in the air and then stood and watched the ball. except it didn't go out. The hilarious thing is that if he'd just run from the beginning, he'd probably have had an inside the park home run.

vCash
    Did you see it? He did a dramatic bat flip, threw his arms in the air and then stood and watched the ball. except it didn't go out. The hilarious thing is that if he'd just run from the beginning, he'd probably have had an inside the park home run.
    And then he was all self-congratulatory at 3rd. He'd have been thrown out if the ball hadn't jumped so far off the wall.

I don't know how I'd feel about him if he were on my team, but on any other team he's is just insufferable.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Zemgirl;4018845

For real? Wow.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I have not met him since the family has huge reunion events in summer and he is a bit busy. I know his parents and his grandparents, though. I first heard about him pitching in the minors a few years ago and his dad sincerely believed he would just make enough to go to college later. They were not expecting this! He was a starter in the minors and never developed much of a breaking ball or change up. Then the Cards decided to try him in the bull pen and we suddenly got a mass email from his grandma last summer that he was going up--skipped AAA entirely.

It has been pretty fun. My father-in-law has never been a sports fan at all and now he is calling me or my dad to find out what Trevor's stats mean and ask all kinds of baseball questions. We got him a rookie card this spring.

Trouble is, I have always hated the Cardinals. Now I have to root for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Trouble is, I have always hated the Cardinals. Now I have to root for them.
    I see the problem, but if ever there was a good reason to root for a previously disliked team, this would be it

Also I like it when guys who were originally considered fringe prospects make it to the majors.

Shadow dancing
    vCash

Tomorrow is another game. ::Scarlett O'Hara Tiger Fan::

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post

Tomorrow is another game.
    And back to Fenway!
    Creating drama!

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post

Tomorrow is another game. ::Scarlett O'Hara Tiger Fan::
    : I'm not sure I can watch on Saturday. I'll probably just check the score on my phone.

ETA: I guess one good thing I can say about the Mariners is that at least they don't cause me any heartache.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    I can't believe I survived the post season last year. And my team WON.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    sk8er1964 -----> <------- PrincessLeppard

vCash
    I can't believe I survived the post season last year. And my team WON.
    I'm a Braves fan. The postseason is the worst.

I do like the regular season

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Forgive me FSU Tigers and Red Sox fans, I am cheering for one thing tonight and only one thing...

Game Seven Baby!!

This has been the best Post Season Series I've watched in a very long time and have enjoyed every moment!!

Still can't believe Boston came back to win that one game though. As soon as I heard the sound of the ball leaving Big Pappy's bat, all you heard in this place was me going, "Are you kidding me!?! Are you freaking kidding me!?!"

So forgive me for wanting to make the respective fans here suffer more, but....I guess it's being born on Devil's Night that makes me do it.

One last thing...As a Muppets fan, I've been loving seeing all the great Fozzie Bear signs made up for Wacha. If he doesn't show up for an opening skit for one of the World Series games, I'll be disappointed. Fozzie that is in case I didn't make that clear enough.

vCash
    What the hell was that Prince Fielder base "running" error? And you guys are stuck with him for seven more years? At how much money?

AND WHY IS THERE NO BASEBALL UNTIL WEDNESDAY?

vCash
    CONGRATS RED SOX!!! That Grand Slam sewed it up! Woo Woo!

Well fought series with the Tigers!

vCash
    AND WHY IS THERE NO BASEBALL UNTIL WEDNESDAY?
    You are mistaken. There is no baseball until March - and in Sydney, no less!

I dislike the Dodgers enough to have rooted for the Cardinals in the NLCS, but this World Series isn't remotely appealing or interesting as far as I'm concerned. Wake me up when pitchers and catchers report.
    Last edited by Zemgirl; 10-20-2013 at 04:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    You are mistaken. There is no baseball until March - and in Sydney, no less!

I dislike the Dodgers enough to have rooted for the Cardinals in the NLCS, but this World Series isn't remotely appealing or interesting as far as I'm concerned. Wake me up when pitchers and catchers report.
    I could root for the Cardinals against the Dodgers. But I like the Red Sox. This is going to be tough. But the massive clan of in-laws is so excited for the Cards, I'm hoping to catch their energy to make it easier.

vCash
    Alas, for this Jays & Tigers fan, the season is over. I do not care who wins the World Series.

For those who still have a horse in the race, enjoy your games.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    What the hell was that Prince Fielder base "running" error?
    That was hysterical! Belly flop!

Go Sox!
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Tim Lincecum and the Giants have agreed on a two-year deal per ESPN Sportcenter's Twitter. Better luck to the team next season!

vCash
    He's been mostly terrible for two years. We have definitely overpaid him.

And I don't care.

I love the guy.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast