Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    Patrick Chan! I didn't know you were a Braves fan!
    I have it on best authority that Patrick Chan is.. wait for it... a Yankees fan. And I will find a way to photoshop a Yankees cap on his head if necessary.

I should have made use of the smilies in my previous post...
    Last edited by Zemgirl; 04-28-2013 at 09:05 PM.

vCash
    I would totally believe Patrick Chan is a Yankees fan.

Also, the Giants need to quit making stoopid mistakes. You're World Champions, boys, you don't complete miss line drives in the outfield. :doh:

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I have it on best authority that Patrick Chan is.. wait for it... a Yankees fan. And I will find a way to photoshop a Yankees cap on his head if necessary.

I should have made use of the smilies in my previous post...
    Not the Blue Jays?

(((Canadians)))

vCash
    Not the Blue Jays?
    Meh. They did not show sufficient appreciation, such as sponsoring Patrick/inviting him to throw the first pitch in the home opener/having a Patrick Chan bobblehead night.

You know you'd go if they had a Chan bobblehead night. Until then, enjoy this substitute.

Shadow dancing
    vCash

vCash
    Not the Blue Jays?

(((Canadians)))

Of course he'a a Jays fan

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pchiddy/s...780736/photo/1

vCash
    Any one stay up to watch the epic 19 inning game last night? I think it ended at 3:45 my time.

No, I didn't watch. I gave up on baseball last night after Matt Cain gave up THREE home runs in one inning. Thankfully, the Giants recovered and won, as I found out this morning.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Any one stay up to watch the epic 19 inning game last night? I think it ended at 3:45 my time.

No, I didn't watch. I gave up on baseball last night after Matt Cain gave up THREE home runs in one inning. Thankfully, the Giants recovered and won, as I found out this morning.
    I didn't stay up for it (way too late for me!) but it was fun reading my Twitter feed this morning and seeing my early morning local news people all commenting on the still going game while they were getting up to start their day of work, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    The amazing thing is that a 19-inning game is still nowhere near the longest game ever.

Tim Hudson won no. 200 last night, in which he also hit a home run (and a double). That's winning it in style

vCash
    My poor Jays. The injury bug has almost wiped out their starting 5, Ricky R can't seem to find his stuff that made him successful two seasons ago; the hitters seem to be hot and cold -- more cold than hot, unfortunately. Too many mistakes being made defensively. Please, please guys, get healthy and get winning.
    Crazy about sports!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    You know something? When I heard they'd re hired Gibby, I had a bad feeling then about it and sure enough...

Of course the injuries don't help, but some of the screw ups made have been on things that's just plain and simple fundamental baseball basics you learn in Little League. The guy did an awful job the first time around as Jays Manager, so why would this time be any different?

This is one of those times when I *really* wish I'd been wrong, but sadly it's looking like I wasn't.

Oh and I think Romaro's done. None of his pitches are dependable anymore and his control is all over the place. I give credit to the Jays for giving him a good chance to redeem himself/figure out what's going on, but there comes a time when you need to cut your losses and I think that's come w/Ricky. I can see him being placed on Waivers by the Jays at some point this Season.

On a brighter side....Holy Red Sox crushing Boys!! Joey Bats *and* Lawrie both going over and out of the Green Monster in a 12-4 thumping of Boston? Pretty darned impressive and also a badly needed shot of confidence for the team.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    RA Dickey recieved an Honourary Degree in Sacred Letters from Wycliffe College during their Commencement Ceremonies today. Wycliffe is a Christian College that trains Ministers. Yes, he talks about being a Christian and how hard it is to do that *and* be a MLB Player, but he also talks about how close he came to ending it all a few years ago due to the effects of his abuse when he was a child. Regardless of what you believe in, it's a very powerful address he gave here.

Sportsnet.ca ~ Dickey humbled by honourary degree

vCash
    The Giants Ryan Vogelsong who is but has been sucking all year, was finally pitching a great game and broke his hand while batting.

Some twits are now saying this is a reason for the DH. Because a position player has never broken his hand while batting.

I hate the DH.

vCash
    I am sorry to tell you this PL, but expect the National League to adopt the DH as early as next season. In the latest Owners Meeting the National League owners were strongly in favor of making the change, despite a 40 year resistance to doing so. I am not sure what sparked the change other than the owners want to standardize the rules between the leagues.

vCash
    We can get rid of interleague play, too. Dammit.

I think a monkey can manage an American League team. No strategy at all.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    I think a monkey can manage an American League team. No strategy at all.
    Maybe Koko the gorilla .. not just any monkey in the zoo.

vCash
    The Giants Ryan Vogelsong who is but has been sucking all year, was finally pitching a great game and broke his hand while batting.

Some twits are now saying this is a reason for the DH. Because a position player has never broken his hand while batting.
    Obviously batting is the biggest risk that pitchers face it is well known that it leads to Tommy John surgeries, torn ACLs, and pitchers getting hit in the head. Pitchers must never be exposed to the dangers of batting and baserunning!

Anyway, the only argument in favor of adopting the DH in the NL is that it would allow NL teams to offer long-term contracts/extensions more than they do now; an AL team can always move an aging player to play DH, but NL teams can't. Still, if the goal is to even things out, a better solution would be to make both leagues DH-free. Alas, the MLBPA would never go for that. And yes, interleague also sucks, though it is fun to watch AL pitchers trying to hit.

Sorry about Vogelsong. He seems like a good guy.

vCash
    I think the better option is ditching the DH altogether too, but since a bunch of AL teams signed a bunch of guys to bloated long term contracts, I agree, they won't go for it.

To me, though, the game asks you to bat AND field. If you can't do the latter, it's time to retire. Or the team takes their chances with that guy out in right field or something if they still want his bat.

If the NL does go to the DH, I will probably fall out of love with baseball like I did when the steroid scandal broke. I've been to a couple of AL games, and was mostly bored.

vCash
    For the first time in 9 years, a game was ended by a walk off inside the park HR. The Giants Angel Pagan pulled it off today against the Rockies. Just a thrill to see him rounding the bases

vCash
    Especially after that umpire blew two calls that cost the Giants earlier. I was worried he was going to call Pagan out at home.

Tim Flannery's reaction was priceless as well.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast