Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Giants won again, YAY!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I once watched Marco Scutaro foul off 11 pitches before blooping a hit into shallow center.
    Terry Pendleton was notorious for doing that back in the 90s. During the (many, many) playoff games over that decade, he about damn near drove us crazy .

Braves vs. Senators tonight at 7:35 EDT, which should be a good matchup over the weekend; Braves are 8-1, and the Senators are 7-2.

....Where's PRLady?

ETA: Thought I'd post the link from the MLB website for both League's standings and basic overall Team Stats. I keep it bookmarked during the season to avoid wading through stupid web ads, pop-ups to subscribe, and all the other shit that ESPN and the many other sports sites insist on filling with cludge . Nice, clean, and easy-peasy.
    Last edited by Cyn; 04-12-2013 at 11:39 PM.

vCash
    Braves are really going for the tonight....top of the 9th, down by two with two men on base and two outs, and TIE THE GAME .

(of course, now that I'm posting about it, they'll probably give up a homer in bottom of the ninth)

ETA: Wheeeeeee!
    Last edited by Cyn; 04-13-2013 at 08:47 AM. Reason: To add my cheering for a great comeback in the 9th, then finishing them off in the 10th

vCash
    I really need the Angels to stop sucking. I can only remain optimistic for so long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Braves are really going for the tonight....top of the 9th, down by two with two men on base and two outs, and TIE THE GAME .

(of course, now that I'm posting about it, they'll probably give up a homer in bottom of the ninth)
    How could you have doubted Eric O'Flaherty?

So they have McCann and Freeman on the DL, Gattis on first where he most certainly does not belong, 2/3 of the outfield hitting below .100 and half the infield not doing much better. So of course they win and Ramiro Peña is the one with the home run in extra innings. Naturally.

vCash
    So what do you think of the fight that took out Zach Grienke? (Greinke?) I think the guy is a complete tool, but clearly in that situation he was not deliberately trying to hit what's his name.

The guy who charged the mound should be out for as long as Greinke (I looked it up ) is.

vCash
    Atlanta Braves

Now 10-1 (and with an 8-game WS, to boot!)

WRT the current winning streak, I think this may be the strongest start to a season that Atlanta's had since 1982/83

**feels like dancing, even though that's an impossibility right now**

ETA: Wikipedia is my friend today , I did a little bit of digging, and it was the 1982 Season -- that Spring, The Braves started off on fire, racking up a 13-game winning streak before losing a game. The only reason I remembered that tidbit of info is that the 1982 season was, for The Braves, one of the biggest roller-coaster rides in baseball history.
    Last edited by Cyn; 04-13-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    WRT Jeff Luria, I will be forever grateful to him for hiring that blithering idiot, Ozzie Guillen, and taking Ozzie and his equally moronic sons away from Chicago. He and his sons no longer pollute the TV and radio airwaves. Believe me, even when the Guillens had nothing to say, they said it on TV and radio endlessly. And, because he totally screwed up in Florida, he probably will not show his face around here for a long time.
    Crows and Eville SQUIRRELS love peanuts!

vCash
    Braves are now 11-1 after winning 9-0 today over the Nationals! They've won 9 straight!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    *Finally*....This weekend gave us a look at the Jays all of the so called experts were saying we'd have back at the beginning of the month/Season. We should have won that game today too, but it's still a Series win w/us taking two out of the three games in KC.

Still not a win though, as on Friday night we lost Jose Reyes for an unknown period of time due to his ankle injury. Which was pretty nasty to watch happen. I honestly thought w/the way his leg went back, Jose had broken the thing. Apparently the swelling was too high for them to get a definitive answer one way or the other on if it's broken or not w/the MRI scan and X Rays.

This according to the Blue Jays Medical Staff BTW. As I said, we'll see, but it's still a pretty big loss for us this early in the Season.

On a brighter note....It was wonderful yesterday to see the real R.A. Dickey pitch. Hopefully those first two games were just trying to figure things out w/a new team and battery mate catching him and what we saw yesterday will be sticking around for the rest of year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem X View Post
    WRT Jeff Luria, I will be forever grateful to him for hiring that blithering idiot, Ozzie Guillen, and taking Ozzie and his equally moronic sons away from Chicago. He and his sons no longer pollute the TV and radio airwaves. Believe me, even when the Guillens had nothing to say, they said it on TV and radio endlessly. And, because he totally screwed up in Florida, he probably will not show his face around here for a long time.
    Guillen started off on the wrong foot when he praised Fidel Castro in an interview soon after he was hired. Miami, especially the northern part of Little Havana, is not the place to do that. Basically, it was downhill from there.

And, Loria, the man that knows everything, has stated that a team manager has nothing to do with how a team does. He's a most replaceable part. One more of Loria's more interesting observations. Nearly at the same level as his yearly insistence that his very low paid team is a playoff contender.

I had a feebie ticket to the Friday night loss to the Phillies. Great stadium. It still has the Gluten free food & beer, but a horrible team (2-10 start) takes much of the luster off of the affair. For all of that I might get another freebie ticket for tonight's game (the Nationals). If I can work it out to get the ticket, I'll go. I like the sport that much, plus, as a Red Sox fan since the 1940's (Boston Braves, too) I'm used to cheering for losing teams....

NJL (...Loria is the greatest source of the basic material used in making Milorganite fertilizer......)
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 04-15-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I am about to post something I never thought I'd ever post on any Baseball thread at any MB I belong to now or in the past...

Way To Go Yankees!!!

YouTube ~ New York Yankees Play Sweet Caroline As Part of Tribute to Boston and the Sad Events of the Boston Marathon Bombings

Well Done Yankees!!

ETA ~ Article on the Tribute and the sign from outside Yankees Stadium tonight...

ABC News ~ New York Yankees Put Boston Rivalry Aside at Tonight’s Game

Yankees.com Notebook

It's the top story at the time of this posting and the sound is far and above better than the YouTube video I linked to further up in the post.
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 04-17-2013 at 04:34 AM.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Apparently a lot of other baseball teams had a moment of silence and also played Sweet Caroline for the people of Boston tonight because my Reds did that too. I love how much MLB comes together when tragedy hits one of their cities. GOOD JOB EVERYONE.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    With their 6-3 win tonight (er, I guess that would be Last Night since it's now April 17th) over the Kansas City Royals...

...the Atlanta Braves are now 12-1

Their current Winning Streak is now at 10 Games!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    With their 6-3 win tonight (er, I guess that would be Last Night since it's now April 17th) over the Kansas City Royals...

When the Tigers won in 1984, they went 35-5 in their first 40 games. They pretty much played .500 ball the rest of the year, but it didn't matter because their lead was so huge from the start -- so this could be very good thing for your Braves.

vCash

Alas, all good things come to an end... at least 1. the Braves still haven't lost a game in which they've scored and 2. Luis Avilan's injury isn't serious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Alas, all good things come to an end... at least 1. the Braves still haven't lost a game in which they've scored and 2. Luis Avilan's injury isn't serious.
    Dammit!

I *knew* I shouldn't have made that gloating post .

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Hi Cyn ::waves::

How 'bout them Tigers?!?

::ducks and runs::

vCash
    The Braves are at the end of a stretch of 18 games of which 16 are on the road, including the three frozen games in Denver. That's a pretty tough task, even for a good team. Hopefully once they're back home they'll be in better form (and someone will stage an intervention for BJ Upton).

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    The Braves are at the end of a stretch of 18 games of which 16 are on the road, including the three frozen games in Denver. That's a pretty tough task, even for a good team. Hopefully once they're back home they'll be in better form (and someone will stage an intervention for BJ Upton).
    Patrick Chan! I didn't know you were a Braves fan!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast