Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    I'll just remind you here that that Barry Zito beat Verlander in the World Series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I'll just remind you here that that Barry Zito beat Verlander in the World Series.
    Weren't there some other players involved in that?

After that infield fly wild card debacle I decided I would cut down on baseball to avoid future misery. Of course, I've meant to do this many times before, to no avail. Plus the Braves had to go and bring in two Uptons and promote Evan Gattis. My resolution is doomed.

vCash
    Yes. I believe the Panda had two home runs off Verlander.

vCash
    The Angels won their opener.

It's nice that Iannetta could step up and be the star of the game.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    And there is no joy in Toronto tonight

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    The Angels won their opener.

It's nice that Iannetta could step up and be the star of the game.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Actually, I really like the Angels and I hate that my Reds have to start off their year against such a tough team. That was an incredible pitching duel yesterday! It really could have gone either way and the Reds left half of Cincinnati on the base paths during the early innings. Tough for my guys to lose Ryan Ludwick to a freak shoulder injury but this is the team that also lost Joey Votto for a long stretch of time last year and managed just fine so I'm not horribly worried about them (yet, LOL). I'm going to the game downtown tomorrow night and I am SO PUMPED to be heading back to GABP!!! GO REDS!!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    The Angels have some hot boys. The Reds need to add some of those.

I can't believe Yu Darvish lost his perfect game on the 27th batter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    And there is no joy in Toronto tonight
    Well there was probably a teensie little bit -- the players/staff on the other team.

However, all of us Jays fans -- no joy. Maybe tonight?
    Crazy about sports!

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Well there was probably a teensie little bit -- the players/staff on the other team.

However, all of us Jays fans -- no joy. Maybe tonight?
    Ok, there was lots of joy in Cleveland. Today *is* a new day so GO JAYS! (But I'll be cheering hard for Terry Francona when Cleveland plays Boston in a couple of weeks .. for many reasons. )

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I went to Nationals Opening Day! It was Stras and Harper rocked. Last night I was too much of a wimp to go sit in the cold, but Gio rocked.

I also went to Nationals Spring Traning in March, and I highly recommend that. It was a ton of fun.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Atlanta Braves!!!

They're off to their best start in years (7-1). I figure I should enjoy it while it lasts, seeing as how they somehow manage to muck things up and, without fail, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Atlanta Braves!!!

They're off to their best start in years (7-1). I figure I should enjoy it while it lasts, seeing as how they somehow manage to muck things up and, without fail, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory .
    The key to being a Braves fan is to enjoy it while it lasts but this is definitely a fun team so far!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    The key to being a Braves fan is to enjoy it while it lasts but this is definitely a fun team so far!
    As a Native Atlantan who cut her first teeth on a Braves baseball, I have 45 years experience with the of being a loyal fan -- it's quite the roller-coaster ride (though I must say that during the '90s, being a Braves fan was an absolute blast .

ETA: Make that now 8-1 .

vCash
    As a Native Atlantan who cut her first teeth on a Braves baseball, I have 45 years experience with the of being a loyal fan -- it's quite the roller-coaster ride (though I must say that during the '90s, being a Braves fan was an absolute blast .
    It was during the regular season

I'm just going to enjoy whatever the Uptons do and Evan Gattis killing baseballs and whatever else happens...

vCash
    And the Jays managed a comeback after a 2.5 hour rain delay in Detroit yesterday. Two teams are due to go at it again this afternoon -- weather permitting.

It's times like these that I think all games this early in the season should be played either
    1) in a city that is warm
    2) in a city that has a domed playing field

I really don't like seeing them play in rain -- or snow.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash

Make that 9-1........At the expense of the team that has started 1-9. Enjoy what you have for as long as you have it. If the team ever gets sold it could wind up being purchased by a true horses-ass like one Jeffrey Luria

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJLeonard View Post
    Make that 9-1........At the expense of the team that has started 1-9. Enjoy what you have for as long as you have it. If the team ever gets sold it could wind up being purchased by a true horses-ass like one Jeffrey Luria
    No, it's 8-1. And the Braves have played teams other than the Marlins, though it's true they haven't had the toughest schedule to start. But this actually makes me optimistic, because in the past the Braves would play well against good teams and find ways to lose to the bad ones (e.g. they would always lose to the Nationals before the Nat became good).

I agree that Loria shouldn't be allowed to have anything to do with MLB teams.

vCash

At the expense of the team that started 1-8. Enjoy the ride while you can. Teams do change ownership. You could wind up with a total horse's ass like one Jeffrey Loria, the man that killed baseball in Montreal (the team moved to DC under different ownership & is now one of the best teams in the league), and is now doing his "thing" in Miami. No matter how the Braves finish they'll be at least 30 games better than the Marlins. Again.

A $600,000,000 fraud so we can go back to Loria's same-old-same-old money making racket. And there is nothing anyone can do about it......

NJL

vCash
    (((Neil))) As someone who still mourns the Expos you have my sympathy.

Glad to see the Phillies get a good win yesterday.

Question - why does MLB at Bat sometimes list "foul" for a pitch that counted as a strike?

vCash
    So you will know they made contact? Or you don't wonder why the pitcher has thrown 895 pitches to the same guy? I once watched Marco Scutaro foul off 11 pitches before blooping a hit into shallow center.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast