Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

vCash
    Oklahoma 2nd

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

2013 NCAA Gymnastics - 'Cause it's Always a Good Time!

I am so so thrilled to see someone besides the big 4 win! Congrats Florida!! LSU did not stick enough landings. Give them 5 sticks and they would have been .025 out of the win!! LSU is going to be even better next year! As it is they only had two scores below 9.8 all night with no falls or big errors. Might be the only team who did that tonight, they just need more 9.9 scores. I'm very proud of my Tigers!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    I only found this NCAA stuff about a year ago on youtube. And, seriously, this was some of the best online score watching I've ever experienced . My thesis is due in 40 hours, it's 2am and the depressions and fear I have had all day about the amount of work left to do have all disappeared!

vCash
    To the amazing voids that can be brought with NCAA wedgie data

I think Bridget Sloan could pull it off. Also Chuck Norris. And always remember that Morozov could have 3 marriages in that amount of time.

vCash
    Some vids popping up on this channel, here is Marissa King's floor:
    http://youtu.be/7RHPvDOcF3w

vCash
    Congrats to the event finals winners today! Rheagan Courville from LSU tied for the vault title with a gigantic vault. It was pretty obvious that judges were looking for the BIGGEST vaults with clean landing, of course, but size definitely mattered today.

My sister-in-law and I watched the meet together and next year we are going to make the trip to Birmingham for Nationals! It works out perfectly. I was going to use my personal days but we will already be off Friday the 18th for the beginning of Spring Break so it is like it is meant to be. Plus, Birmingham is drivable from Baton Rouge so we wont have to save up for flights that will be outrageously priced. I can not wait. I believe LSU also hosts Regionals next year so this means I can make it to Regionals and Nationals to cheer them on (assuming they make it, of course!). Yay!!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Here is a video of the entire event finals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnagw6MjBxA
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Can anyone find a video of Courville's vault in the semi finals? I want to see it since she got a 9.950
    -Brian

Vacant
    vCash
    I watched the NCAA final on youtube last night b mistake. Being a Brit I just never knew how good it was. Seriously I was sooo entertained. Those landing positions with the head thrown back are so campy kitsch 80's retro gym gold (I get a flashback to Bontas on every single stuck landing ). I fear I'm addicted already and cannot wait for next season to follow the whole thing week in week out. And congrats to the Gators. I was so impressed with Marissa King who looked way better here than she ever did in a Team GB leo!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    I watched the NCAA final on youtube last night b mistake. Being a Brit I just never knew how good it was. Seriously I was sooo entertained. Those landing positions with the head thrown back are so campy kitsch 80's retro gym gold (I get a flashback to Bontas on every single stuck landing ). I fear I'm addicted already and cannot wait for next season to follow the whole thing week in week out. And congrats to the Gators. I was so impressed with Marissa King who looked way better here than she ever did in a Team GB leo!!
    Marissa has been one of the biggest NCAA stars for the past two years. She out performs world AAer Ashley Preiss, World Champion Kyla Williams and the likes of Mckenzie Caquatto, Zamarippa and Shayla Worley (big names) on a weekly basis. She was so sharp in this competition, it was pretty epic. WIth her Tsuk 1.5 that's flawless and the fact that she has trained a DTY in the past she could medal at Europeans on vault. She has most of her big tumbles and some excellent acro series on beam, I'd love to see her bring the NCAA confidence to Elite!

I quite like goggling performers that I knew nothing about and discovering that they were so close to making the US team several times but never quite got there. It;s nice to see that the hard work lead to scholarships etc and wasn't in vain.

This user has last years SEC, regionals and then "The Big 6" which is NCAA finals.
    He also has this years and a lot of 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NastiaFan101take9?feature=

Beach Bum
    vCash
    It is really nice to see happy healthy gymnastics at NCAA. I thought Bridget Sloan's face was going to split open from smiling so hard!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    I am glad you enjoyed it! There are plenty of teams who put up great video recaps (LSU does a weekly recap each week so you can watch almost all of their routines) and some teams have free live streaming of the meets! You can follow a lot of teams each week! Marissa is one of my favorites, I love how she moves, her floor routine makes me smile every time.
    -Brian

vCash
    I found out that Randi Lau (LSU) has transferred to Penn State for next season. I didn't even notice but she wasn't even with LSU at NCAAs. She apparently had repeated violations of team policy and was let go just three days before NCAAs began. I am very curious to find out what the violations were but that information is often kept quiet.
    -Brian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I found out that Randi Lau (LSU) has transferred to Penn State for next season. I didn't even notice but she wasn't even with LSU at NCAAs. She apparently had repeated violations of team policy and was let go just three days before NCAAs began. I am very curious to find out what the violations were but that information is often kept quiet.
    Wow. I had wondered if she was injured or something since I didn't see her during NCAAs. Like you, I'm really curious to hear what the violations were. Outside of UCLA, I hadn't really heard of people being removed from the team for violations of team policy (or being threatened with that).
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash

2013 NCAA Gymnastics - 'Cause it's Always a Good Time!

I asked someone in the know and they told me they did know the reason but were not allowed to talk about it. However, she did add that Lau definite deserved to be removed from the team.
    Last edited by BigB08822; 06-10-2013 at 03:58 AM.
    -Brian

vCash
    Word is that LSU has recruited McKenna Kelley.

Why should we know who that is?

This is her mom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sya66z4mCiA

Oh, and I finally read that Lau was dismissed from LSU for showing up to practice intoxicated.
    -Brian

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I just can't think of her as the mom of a college student. She is etched in my memory just like she is in that video.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112