Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I'm hoping to get up to one of the Ohio State home meets this year and I think they're hosting one of the regional events again this year so I am DEFINITELY heading up there for that. I went a few years ago and had an absolute blast. I'm excited to see what the Buckeyes do this year! They have a pretty solid team and after making Nationals last year, I think their confidence is pretty high. I'm SO excited they're hosting another regional and this time, I will make sure my camera batteries are fully charged because they died halfway through the meet last time!

Go Bucks!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan107 View Post
    I noticed LSU only has one Senior this year! They are set for few years. Where is Randi Lau? Did she get injured? Looking at the scores it seems like there were some great routines from both LSU and Florida tonight.
    Lau is injured but I don't think it is anything too serious. Honestly, though, I am not sure what lineups she would be a lock for. She is going to have to fight for a spot in this deep team. Ranzy is finally on LSU's team and she is also injured. She will boost LSU's score, especially on vault, big time. Hopefully whatever injury she has will be healed soon.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Word on the street is that Lindenwood's coach up and left after just one meet... Very sad news for this brand new program.

Michigan State is falling apart at the seams at the moment. Barely over 47 on the bars. Every year I'm always so optimistic that this team is going to do great things, and they always fall short. I'm not writing the season off yet, but they'll be lucky to pull out a 192 in their opener.

vCash
    Season openers can be horrible disgusting things. I have seen LSU struggle to post a 194 or so and then end the season with a string of high 196s and even some 197s. I wouldn't worry unless the team is eaten up by injuries.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Minnesota (#23) beat Washington (#17) tonight! They posted a 195.550, which is one of the best season-opening scores they've ever achieved!

vCash

2013 NCAA Gymnastics - 'Cause it's Always a Good Time!

I read UCLA scored a mid 197 and Utah scored a mid 195. Looks like scores will be very high this year.
    -Brian

vCash
    I know when teams are at home there is almost always some score inflation. However, UCLA's scoring at home has become a joke to me. It's just insane how much they over-score the UCLA gymnasts. I'm not anti-UCLA, it's just what I see with my eyes when I watch the meets online. I didn't see this meet and haven't seen any videos yet, but it seems like the scoring followed the same pattern.

vCash
    New Rankings:
    1. UCLA
    2. Michigan
    3t. Florida
    3t. Oklahoma
    5. LSU
    6. Alabama
    7. Nebraska
    8. Georgia
    9. Arkansas
    10. Denver
    11. Minnesota
    12. Stanford
    13. Arizona
    14. Kentucky
    15. Utah
    16. Central Michigan
    17t. California
    17t. Maryland
    19. NC State
    20. Southern Utah
    21. Ohio State
    22. West Virginia
    23. Oregon State
    24. Auburn
    25. Brigham Young

vCash
    Are the rankings by score now (after the pre-season)? Because Boise State was 15, and they've yet to compete. Is that why they fell out of the Top 25?
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Are the rankings by score now (after the pre-season)? Because Boise State was 15, and they've yet to compete. Is that why they fell out of the Top 25?
    Yes, the rankings are strictly by average score right now. Most teams have just 1 or 2 scores counting, Boise State is one of the few schools who has not competed yet, so that's why they're not listed. Later on in the season (usually about 7 or 8 weeks in), the rankings are determined by Regional Qualifying Score (RQS) which is formulated by a team's top-6 scores, with at least 3 of them coming from away meets, dropping the highest (whether home or away) and then averaging the remaining 5.

vCash
    Scores definitely look high. Michigan scored a 196.900 to beat Nebraska at home but Nebraska scored a 196.300 which is a big score. I feel like I can't tell at all how good Michigan will be this year.

vCash
    MEETS THIS WEEKEND:

FRIDAY 01/18
    #10 Denver @ #3 Oklahoma
    Missouri @ #3 Florida
    #5 LSU @ #6 Alabama
    #24 Auburn @ #8 Georgia
    #9 Arkansas @ #14 Kentucky
    #11 Minnesota, Kent State, Towson @ Penn State
    #16 Central Michigan @ Ball State
    #17 California, UIC, UC Davis @ Washington
    #19 NC State @ New Hampshire
    Iowa @ #21 Ohio State
    Utah State @ Boise State
    Arizona State, San Jose State @ Sacramento State
    Air Force @ Seattle Pacific
    Southeast Missouri @ Lindenwood

SATURDAY 01/19
    Illinois-Champaign @ #2 Michigan
    Michigan State @ #7 Nebraska
    #13 Arizona, #25 Brigham Young, Wisconsin-Whitewater @ Texas Woman's
    #20 Southern Utah, #22 West Virginia, #23 Oregon State @ #15 Utah
    #17 Maryland, Temple, Cornell @ Pittsburgh
    Bowling Green @ Northern Illinois
    Pennsylvania, Ursinus College, Bridgeport @ Rutgers
    Springfield College @ Brockport
    Gustavus Adolphus, Winona State @ Hamline
    Centenary College, Wisconsin-Eau Claire, Wisconsin-Oshkosh, Wisconsin-Stout @ Ozone Invitational

SUNDAY 01/20
    William & Mary, George Washington @ North Carolina
    Eastern Michigan @ Western Michigan
    Bridgeport, Rhode Island College, Wilson College @ Brown
    Yale, Ithaca College @ Southern Connecticut
    West Chester @ Cortland State

vCash
    Going to the Florida meet tonight with a few friends. Super excited!

vCash

2013 NCAA Gymnastics - 'Cause it's Always a Good Time!

Have fun! Florida looked amazing last week but they just had one too many falls on beam. It happens. What sets Florida apart is that they have style! Great team to watch if you love the sport.
    -Brian

vCash
    The Michigan/Illinois meet is supposed to be live on the Big 10 Network at 4pm on Saturday for anyone who gets that channel.

vCash
    Florida's meets are usually paying-customers-only if you try to watch it online, but they're showing tonight's meet for free! I don't have the link here with me at work but it's being shown on Gatorvision at 7 tonight.

vCash
    Florida/Missouri meet is off to a good start. Ashane Dickerson scored 9.975 on Vault. Florida rocked on bars (except Bridget Sloan who fell): Alaina Johnson 9.95, Kytra Hunter 9.925 and MacKenzie Caquatto scored a 10 (49.6 total)
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    The Michigan/Illinois meet is supposed to be live on the Big 10 Network at 4pm on Saturday for anyone who gets that channel.
    Awesome!

vCash
    Well, the scores overall may be a bit inflated this season. It's crazy that teams are already getting over 197! But last week I said that I wasn't sure how good Michigan really is because of how high scores have been this season. Having seen their last two meets, I can say that they are really, quite good. Their 197.350 this week was MASSIVE but, aside from the scores, just watching them they look really solid. There are a lot of great teams this year but, I think if Michigan can keep looking so solid, they are serious Super 6 contenders. They hit 23 sets this afternoon. I'm really impressed with the way they've come back from an incredibly difficult year last year.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Theatregirl1122;3783981I'm also hoping I'll actual have someone on FSU to discuss men's NCAA with this year! [/QUOTE]

Glad to oblige -- I like the NCAA men even more than the women! I just hope that the men get some good TV coverage here in the Eastern U.S. Last year was pretty good so I am optimistic that we'll get several meets televised here again. I lurve Michigan, and a few of the Penn State rings guys had amazing routines with really world-class strength moves. Last season was very exciting.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast